Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-03-2012, 08:31   #1096
dubdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossin View Post
is jaffas restaurant gone??

edit: heard from a few people now that jaffas is closed, ah well i suppose thats the way it seemed to be going the last while

So it seems! Went over for lunch yesterday as I thoughtbitbwould be nice to sit outside. It's been completely cleared out. Another one gone!!
Advertisement
29-03-2012, 10:51   #1097
PinkFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossin View Post
is jaffas restaurant gone??

edit: heard from a few people now that jaffas is closed, ah well i suppose thats the way it seemed to be going the last while

So it seems! Went over for lunch yesterday as I thoughtbitbwould be nice to sit outside. It's been completely cleared out. Another one gone!!
Yup and apparently the only reason the express is still open Is because they are stuck in contract with the rent

Sad it was THE place for lunch on the day
29-03-2012, 11:04   #1098
CMpunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFly View Post
Yup and apparently the only reason the express is still open Is because they are stuck in contract with the rent

Sad it was THE place for lunch on the day
I need that place to stay open. I will go cold turkey if i cant get one of those triple deckers!

But its a bit of a shock to see Jaffas close, tbh, like they were always somewhat busy. Wonder what the deal was there.
29-03-2012, 15:13   #1099
Shoe Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMpunked View Post
But its a bit of a shock to see Jaffas close, tbh, like they were always somewhat busy. Wonder what the deal was there.
The service had gone down hill in there though! The last time I was in there, they gave us stale cake and then looked at us like we were nuts when we sent it back. Shame to see it go though, it was good back in the day.
29-03-2012, 17:48   #1100
Darksaga87

Never liked jaffas riverside. Always found the food was crap and overpriced. Service was dreadful too.
Advertisement
29-03-2012, 23:51   #1101
muckyprawn

I know it's a bit out of the region but , Fidelma's in Dunshauglin is the best breakfast around...I used to work over that neck of the woods and still venture over every now and again for one...that is all
30-03-2012, 10:53   #1102
Rossin

I think the hardware in other areas are doing well so I guess they've given up here. Its a pity alright if they had of kept up the standard they used to have id still be there once a week :-/
30-03-2012, 15:16   #1103
muckyprawn

Not that I was ever a fan of Jaffa's but this town is becoming more and more limited to places to get some daycent grub!
30-03-2012, 21:17   #1104
Darksaga87

Any update on Coyles steakhouse? Has anyone else tried since the owner posted on here?
Advertisement
02-04-2012, 13:41   #1105
Armaghmagic

Im heading on a date this evening and we are heading to Brú. Anyone have any opinions on this and what is recommended/not recommended from the menu?
02-04-2012, 14:34   #1106
mornington man

Bru

Bru is a nice place for meeting and food. their menu is varied and good. Go for what you like. Personal recommendations are just that, ie other peoples preferences. If you have any queries then ask the staff. Enjoy!!

PS Must be serious, you could have been brought to McDonalds, just across the river Ha Ha
02-04-2012, 14:41   #1107
Armaghmagic

Thanks for the advice. Oh and thats very true, and then we would have had a lovely view of the swanky restaurant across the water as I feel her daggers being pierced into my skull while im looking over at it!!
03-04-2012, 17:57   #1108
stripysocks85

Have done a date or 2 in Bru myself! I got the Salmon Teriyaki [can't spell it!] but noodles are a tricky one to eat on a first date haha!

Best of luck though I'm always a fan of the Black Bull for a date but bound to run into someone I know there so generally Bru it is!
03-04-2012, 19:01   #1109
Lantus

Just abad word about Bia. Sick to DEATH with the angry, bored, rude waitress there that seems to think that every customer is an inconvenience to her day. It's the older lady. (The others are wonderful)

A few friends have already sworn never to go back because it just ruins the entire experience for them. She held back the baby bowl for a screaming hungry baby until AFTER the main dishes for the adults arrived, pretty shocking. On top of that she was rude and miserable as always making customers feel bad about their visit.

Even in these times customer service is STILL hitting rock bottom. What do we have to do to convince businesses how important it is especially when they have a good thing going and the only thing letting it down is one or two really bad staff who think they own the place and can do what they like.
Thanks from:
03-04-2012, 21:01   #1110
CMpunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantus View Post
Just abad word about Bia. Sick to DEATH with the angry, bored, rude waitress there that seems to think that every customer is an inconvenience to her day. It's the older lady. (The others are wonderful)
Completely agree. I have had several bad experiences with her and had my concerns raised a few times to the manager (the black haired polish woman who doesnt seem to be there anymore). She seemed to be alright for a while until she left.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion