Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates - Page 93 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-03-2012, 15:05   #1381
Da Za

Shrugs-lats???? Really

Maybe bunnies don't have traps lol
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-03-2012, 15:21   #1382
gymfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Za View Post
Shrugs-lats???? Really
LOL
Whoops

Never was much of a book learner, more of a kinesthetic learner!
Mightnt know the correct terms..but at least I know when I'm doing it where I'm supposed to feel it....that's GOTTA count for something!!!
26-03-2012, 11:11   #1383
nagolina
Closed Account

wow, you made those deadlifts look easy!

You do a huge volume of reps on these which would likely kill me stone dead

One thing I decided to do with the DLs was (assuming you are well warmed up from other work first) start with my working weight then back off from there - so the heaviest lifts are done before I am too knackered. Having said that, I felt something ping in my back a few days ago so take this advice with caution!

Nice lifting
26-03-2012, 21:06   #1384
gymfreak

**Guess what day tomorrow is in the training cycle....deadlift day**

Monday 26th March- C1

:DSavage weather=Savage mood

Mobility Stuff
Fire Hydrant
Wall Sweeps
Scap pull ups
Quad Walk
Sumo Squats
Cable Face Pulls
Spiderman Walk

Mission number 1-Get my knee doing a bit of work again. Jogged 1600m last day, 2.5km today in an abysmal time of 13.35...really was just plodding along and knee felt grand up until the last stretch where it felt a bit like it was 'locking'.

I'll try 2.5km-3km next day

Seeing as I'm generally only doing conditioning once a week decided to mix up the con blocks a bit-wanted something fast, something heavy and something fun.

Con. Block-Fun
16kg KB suitcase walk/ 7.5kg Waiter's Walk
60m each way
8 up and backs in 10.58..up a round

Work Block 1-15 mins
5 e/s Elevated Split Squat + 5kg
5 DB Bench Press 15kg
10 Red band pullups
8 rounds in 15 mins..grand

Con Block-Something Fast...well....fast for me
Sled + 5kg
Distance- 50m
Not one of my best thought out plans..had planned to push it as fast as I could every 30 sec..thinking that it would only take me ~10sec for cover 50m and I'd get 20sec rest....didnt work out that way..was taking 30odd sec up so decided to go on the minute..that lasted all of three minutes..work time was faaaar to high in relation to rest...I nearly died Switched it to 45sec rest after each effort
7 lengths in 10mins...i think...and yes, I am an idiot
I'll think it out better next time!!! Something like I'll start an effort every 90-100 sec...was quite tough, legs didnt like me after but I actually enjoyed it!

Work Block 2-15mins
5 e/s Step ups..legs were still a bit unhappy after sled
10 Inverted Rows
10 T- pushups
8 rounds in 14.40...Should be doing better here

Con Block-Something heavy
Farmers Walk with the TB-50kg
60m carry, 60 m jog
6 rounds in 10.20..Grip wasnt there today..had to keep putting the bar down

Lots of stretching and foamrollng so my knees wont hurt

Mission Number 2
Am reading Dan John's book 'Easy Strength' at the moment and the one thing that keeps ringing over and over in my head is 'If its important do it everyday, if it's not, don't do it at all'.--I could apply this to many facets of my training but I won't not yet...as I'm only trying to focus on one thing at a time...trying being the operative word.

decided the pullups are pretty important to me..so gonna make a really good effort to get some volume in..aim is to get from 4 to 6 in 4weeks. I think it's quite possibly so....
Pullups 2 (10sets)...started low so I wont gas out too soon.
26-03-2012, 21:39   #1385
howtomake

Ah who needs TV when you have boards.

Hey what happened with the weightlifting? I was living through your log !
Your shoulder definition is looking nice though so I'll let it slide.
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 22:27   #1386
gymfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomake View Post
Ah who needs TV when you have boards.

Hey what happened with the weightlifting? I was living through your log !
Your shoulder definition is looking nice though so I'll let it slide.

Nope, haven't given up on the idea of weightlifting at all.. at all .I just have the teeny tiny slight problem of getting addicted to things and jumping into things head first...like cos I was enjoying the weightlifting so much I'd wanna start practising ALL the time and at the moment that just wouldn't work..I haven't got a clue what I'm doing so I'd be disasterous left alone and Hanley's real busy these days so can't be bugging him either!! (That's me speaking for him btw).

Basically timing is off, I'd only get agitated if I was practising just once or twice weekly.

...but watch this space
27-03-2012, 01:03   #1387
Brian?

Send a message via MSN to Brian?
I've deleted the slagging match, it's completely disrespectful to gymfreak to have this kind of argument/slagging match in her log. Can we leave it there please?
Thanks from:
27-03-2012, 01:17   #1388
Brian?

Send a message via MSN to Brian?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymfreak View Post

Anyone got any advice on the deadlifts? Getting really bored trying to make them look nice...they really don't seem to be going anywhere (weights wise or technique wise)
Why all the bar movement before you pull it? I don't know if it's going to make your deadlifts look any better, but there is no way I could lift like that.
27-03-2012, 10:55   #1389
howtomake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymfreak View Post

Nope, haven't given up on the idea of weightlifting at all.. at all .I just have the teeny tiny slight problem of getting addicted to things and jumping into things head first...like cos I was enjoying the weightlifting so much I'd wanna start practising ALL the time and at the moment that just wouldn't work..I haven't got a clue what I'm doing so I'd be disasterous left alone and Hanley's real busy these days so can't be bugging him either!! (That's me speaking for him btw).

Basically timing is off, I'd only get agitated if I was practising just once or twice weekly.

...but watch this space
Ok that makes sense. When I was first learning it was very very sporadic, weeks in between at a time, did me no favours as I always kept forgetting what I learned the last time. Then I tried to learn on my own, with a york bar and wound up hurting my wrists even more .
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-03-2012, 17:35   #1390
COH

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankeating View Post
I'm the new B-Builder
(2) thanks from:
27-03-2012, 20:09   #1391
gymfreak

Tuesday 27th March-S2

Warm up
Spin Bike-25mins

Mobility
Sumo Squats
Wall Slides
Fire Hydrants
Scap Push Ups
Quad Walk
Cable Face Pulls
Spiderman Walk

Deadlift
60kg x 5
60kg x 5
80kg x 5
85kg x 5
90kg x 3
90kg x 3
90kg x 3..put on a belt for a few of these sets
90kg x 3
90kg x 3...stayed at 90 again for triples

Deadlifting with a belt felt strange...like I was gonna explode..weird

Step Ups
5kg x 8
5kg x 8
5kg x 8
5kg x 8

DB Side Arches
30kg x 10/10
30kg x 10/10
30kg x 10/10

Neutral Grip Pullups
BW-4, 4, 3, 4, 3

Barbell Push Press
20kg x 8
30kg x 8
35kg x 6
35kg x 5
35kg x 6
35kg x 6

Seated Plate Shifting..I really like this one
3 x 60sec
(4 x 2.5kg, 4 x 5kg)

Overhead Plate Extensions
10kg x 12
10kg x 12
10kg x 12
10kg x 12

Savage weather=savage mood!!
27-03-2012, 20:52   #1392
supposedly

Good buzz in the gym today
You get used to the belt quite quickly. It's like a big hug for your middle while you're lifting!
Thanks from:
28-03-2012, 21:20   #1393
gymfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedly View Post
Good buzz in the gym today
I would say that everyone in the gym was delighted that I had someone to amuse myself with..then at least they didnt have to listen to me natter on and on

Wednesday 28th March

Been excited about going back to spinning ever since last week..really was trying to hold myself off to just one class a week..so today was spinning day..not a pleasant as I remembered.

Xtrainer-25mins

Spin-45mins
Absolutely bloody shattered after..I was able to do conditioning after spin last week but different instructor=absolutely drained. I will most likely get bored of spinning pretty quickly though!

Pull ups
10 sets of 2 Super easy..Yaaaaay!!!!

Absolutely full of beans this week.. it's either the weather or knowing easter hols are looming!!! Which means my level of retardation and volume of training will most likely increase..but I'm justifying it in my head cos I have pretty much stuck to the 4training days a week cap for OVER 2 MONTHS!
29-03-2012, 20:27   #1394
gymfreak

Thursday 29th March
Sooooo much chocolate and easter eggs hanging around work today= MAJOR energy crash.

Went to the gym..too hot, too sunny, no attention span so left.

3km slow jog in 15.40mins with no knee pain at all Hips felt uber tight throughout though, so gonna to have to really focus on some hip flexor stretching. And in fairness time wasnt too terrible considering I was crawling.

Step Class-45mins. Have a friend getting into the ole fitness buzz so felt I kinda had to accompany her, moral support and all that. Might start giving up on the ole step classes tho cos I spend the whole time worrying about my knees and ankles.

Pull ups 10 sets of 2

Foam rolling

Very looooong week in work, quite tired now...in hindsight I should of skipped the step class and had a pure rest day. Keep making the mistake of thinking that the classes dont count towards training..but in a way they still do have an impact on recovery...dammit!

Easter Hols tomorrow...whoooopeeeee!!!!
29-03-2012, 20:41   #1395
erico956

Ruuun!

Lol, I've been running a lot these past few weeks leading up to easter weekend. I know that once it comes around, me and my kiddos will do nothing but sit around and eat chocolate bunnies all the time. Saturday is the only day I do a long run, and monday and thursday i stick to a two to three miler.

http://www.gymfitness.us

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion