Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super rare white jaguar cubs born at zoo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

WANT! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,620 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Pound for Pound Jags are the most powerfull of the big cats out there - that mother alone looks like she could take on a Grizzly!!:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Pound for Pound Jags are the most powerfull of the big cats out there - that mother alone looks like she could take on a Grizzly!!:cool:

They are really amazing :D They look like weightlifters, very stocky, powerful beasts.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTurl9v7r_LVkt7-6NXIFFYGILCnt2vUZ_-I-AjdPpYFlK3l2KL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,620 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Adam Khor wrote: »
    They are really amazing :D They look like weightlifters, very stocky, powerful beasts.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTurl9v7r_LVkt7-6NXIFFYGILCnt2vUZ_-I-AjdPpYFlK3l2KL

They can overpower the likes of Tapirs,black bears, large Caymens(South American Crocs basically) and Anacondas in the wild - every other predator including Pumas give them a wide berth.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Birdnuts wrote: »
    They can overpower the likes of Tapirs, large Caimens and Anacondas in the wild - every other predator including Pumas give them a wide berth.

Don´t forget horses and feral cattle- I read an account of a 60 kg jaguar in Venezuela killing a 500 kg feral bull in the blink of an eye. Usual jaguar strategy; biting directly through the skull, piercing the brain. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

They are gorgeous! I have two kittens, I wonder would they get along?

They are gorgeous! I have two kittens, I wonder would they get along?

With the jags? :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Stunning animals for sure. What a stroke of luck to have not one but two born in a zoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Don´t forget horses and feral cattle- I read an account of a 60 kg jaguar in Venezuela killing a 500 kg feral bull in the blink of an eye. Usual jaguar strategy; biting directly through the skull, piercing the brain. :eek:

There is also fossil evidence of a jaguar biting through the armoured head of a glyptodont

2701681653_91a20ff0a0.jpg

Galvasean wrote: »
    There is also fossil evidence of a jaguar biting through the armoured head of a glyptodont

2701681653_91a20ff0a0.jpg

I remember that :> Not surprising if we consider that they bite through turtle caparaces and caiman skulls and armor with incredible ease :cool:
    Plus, jaguars were larger back then...

• Advertisement
Advertisement