Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-03-2012, 11:32   #1171
greendom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RasTa View Post
They have enough midfielders.
He would improve their squad majorly. The midfielders they have weren't good enough to get them to the knock-out stages of the Champions League
greendom is offline  
Advertisement
19-03-2012, 11:36   #1172
RasTa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jumping from great heights
Posts: 10,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendom View Post
He would improve their squad majorly. The midfielders they have weren't good enough to get them to the knock-out stages of the Champions League
Just the midfield?
RasTa is online now  
19-03-2012, 11:45   #1173
greendom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RasTa View Post
Just the midfield?
i'm sure there are other areas they can improve on too
greendom is offline  
19-03-2012, 18:15   #1174
G.K.
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by RasTa View Post
They have enough midfielders.
http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/opinion...onquer-europe/
G.K. is offline  
21-03-2012, 21:48   #1175
karma_
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,403
Delighted with the win tonight, the manner of the win is as important, showed great determination to get the 2 goals we deserved.
karma_ is offline  
Advertisement
21-03-2012, 21:54   #1176
nlgbbbblth
Registered User
 
nlgbbbblth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,053
Stoke match is vital. A win would certainly help to swing things in their favour (even slightly), They'll have to stay focused and avoid the mind games. The pattern for the remainder of the season is fairly predictable - if City fail to win a game they'll be accused of "bottling it" whereas United will not be written off until it's mathematically out of their hands.
nlgbbbblth is offline  
21-03-2012, 22:28   #1177
ironbluedun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,495
yes great win, should provide some confidance, but we must win next 3 games, and stoke away is never easy.
one game at a time now.
ironbluedun is offline  
22-03-2012, 00:56   #1178
Xavi6
PFJ4LYFE
 
Xavi6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not Boards
Posts: 40,694
What a fookin win, absolutely buzzing when Nasri scored. He was brilliant, my MOM just ahead of Mad Zab and Micah, though it's about time he put in a shift like that.

Couldn't bring myself to celebrate Tevez's assist though, and there were some embarrassing displays of 'Welcome Back' flags and t-shirts. He's part of the squad and I'll be happy in general if his goals get us the title but any man love I had for the guy is long gone.

Win against Chelsea, lose at Stoke anyone?!
Xavi6 is offline  
22-03-2012, 07:55   #1179
KittyeeTrix
Registered User
 
KittyeeTrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Galway
Posts: 7,043
For obvious reasons I have no man love for Tevez but I hopped round the sittingroom when he slotted that ball thru for Nasri

Great stuff!!!!!!
KittyeeTrix is offline  
Advertisement
22-03-2012, 08:29   #1180
Jelle1880
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cork
Posts: 6,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyeeTrix View Post
For obvious reasons I have no man love for Tevez but I hopped round the sittingroom when he slotted that ball thru for Nasri

Great stuff!!!!!!
I'd rather celebrate Nasri's good finish, but I really can't understand how any City fan can still be happy for Tevez.
Jelle1880 is offline  
22-03-2012, 08:46   #1181
ironbluedun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle1880 View Post
I'd rather celebrate Nasri's good finish, but I really can't understand how any City fan can still be happy for Tevez.
Because things move on thats why.....not 'happy' about the whole thing myself but there were mistakes made on both sides, tevez made big mistakes and mancini made equally big mistakes, everybody gets things wrong now and again....time to move on.

Loosing at stoke is not an option, its just about winning and getting results now, battle by battle.
ironbluedun is offline  
22-03-2012, 10:20   #1182
SEPT 23 1989
Registered User
 
SEPT 23 1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,464
Great result last night Nasri was superb if we did not win that i felt it was curtains
SEPT 23 1989 is offline  
23-03-2012, 07:25   #1183
Xavi6
PFJ4LYFE
 
Xavi6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not Boards
Posts: 40,694
Such a huge game on Sunday and Vinny may be back for it but do you change a winning team? Thought Micah and Mad Zab were superb so for me they deserve to start again. Probably would bring Kompany in for Kolo if he's pretty much right.

Then what do you do with Mario? Away to a physical Stoke with a hostile crowd I think he could have a brain fart and do something stupid. I'd probably go with Dzeko as a starter.

Resting Silva also crossed my mind so something like this -

-----------------------Hart----------------------

Zabaleta------Richards-------Kompany------Clichy

-----------------De Jong----Milner---------------

Nasri-------------------Yaya--------------Aguero

-----------------------Dzeko--------------------

Subs: Pantillimon, Kolo, Kolarov, Tevez, Silva/Johnson, Balotelli, Barry.
Xavi6 is offline  
23-03-2012, 08:37   #1184
SEPT 23 1989
Registered User
 
SEPT 23 1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi6 View Post
Such a huge game on Sunday and Vinny may be back for it but do you change a winning team? Thought Micah and Mad Zab were superb so for me they deserve to start again. Probably would bring Kompany in for Kolo if he's pretty much right.

Then what do you do with Mario? Away to a physical Stoke with a hostile crowd I think he could have a brain fart and do something stupid. I'd probably go with Dzeko as a starter.

Resting Silva also crossed my mind so something like this -

-----------------------Hart----------------------

Zabaleta------Richards-------Kompany------Clichy

-----------------De Jong----Milner---------------

Nasri-------------------Yaya--------------Aguero

-----------------------Dzeko--------------------

Subs: Pantillimon, Kolo, Kolarov, Tevez, Silva/Johnson, Balotelli, Barry.
I thought Dzeko ran around like a headless chicken
against Chelsea so i would let Mario start and see what happens

You are right about Silva
SEPT 23 1989 is offline  
23-03-2012, 08:55   #1185
KittyeeTrix
Registered User
 
KittyeeTrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Galway
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle1880 View Post
I'd rather celebrate Nasri's good finish, but I really can't understand how any City fan can still be happy for Tevez.

Delighted it was Nasri who got the goal if I'm honest and happy too that Carlos had a part in it.
I have changed my tune since before Xmas and feck it, I don't care. He played a part (a big part) in our win the last night and that means more to me than any half hearted, PR scripted apology meted out in the past

We need to win this season to keep Mancini safe, keep the investors happy, shut Man Utd fans up but most importantly put a more optimistic head on Xavi6
KittyeeTrix is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search