Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-03-2012, 19:40   #586
amacachi
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killinator View Post
Wasn't the 1994 Williams a 'dog' of a car which was far inferior to the Benetton, and still in the 3 races he had before his death he managed to drag the car to pole position for each race.
You don't get points for not finishing. Prost seemed to be able to nurse cars where Senna couldn't.
As for the '94 car, it's hard to know. Apparently it was unpredictable handling-wise and towards the end of the season Mansell was way faster than Hill at some tracks so it's hard to say exactly what the story was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottostreet View Post
Well, I've seen an article on P-F1 forums saying that Italian newspapers are suggesting Trulli!

Stranger things have happened...what have they to lose?
Money. That's why there's **** all Italians in F1. Ferrari already have all of Italy behind them as well as Italian sponsors. What can they gain from having an Italian driver?
Advertisement
21-03-2012, 19:49   #587
ivanc

IMHO Massa will stay till the end of the season.

Be interesting if Bernie's predictions for Hamilton to move on in 2013 come thru...but not to Ferrari with Alonso knocking around - obviously.

Think Massa will do a Barrichello and move down the grid into eventual retirement.

Last edited by ivanc; 21-03-2012 at 19:50. Reason: Can't Spell....
21-03-2012, 20:03   #588
decisions
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc View Post
Think Massa will do a Barrichello and move down the grid into eventual retirement.
I hope not, but it is quite possible.
21-03-2012, 20:10   #589
ivanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by decisions View Post
I hope not, but it is quite possible.
He'd probably be quite useful to a number of the lower teams in terms of experience but in real terms once you've been with Ferrari you're pretty much spoilt goods with any of the other main players.

So the choice is to go home, go backwards or go to Indy Car and loose both your legs.

Last edited by ivanc; 21-03-2012 at 20:24.
Thanks from:
21-03-2012, 20:23   #590
amacachi
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc View Post
So the choice is to go home, go backwards or go to Indy Car and loose both your legs.
Advertisement
22-03-2012, 01:06   #591
vectra
"Quick Silver"

Send a message via Skype™ to vectra
Quote:
Well, I've seen an article on P-F1 forums saying that Italian newspapers are suggesting Trulli!

Isn't Fisi a reserve driver for them??
22-03-2012, 02:03   #592
smellslikeshoes

Couldn't see either of them replacing him to be honest. Both of them aren't too far off 40, Fischella hasn't had a full season since 2008 and even though Trulli raced with Lotus/Caterham last year it's not exactly like he had to do much to do other than plod along at the back and bring it home. If they were seriously considering either of them Jules Bianchi would be a much better option.

The one person who I hadn't thought about as a replacement for Massa would be Sergio Pérez. He's been in the Ferrari driver academy for the last few years and I personally think he's who they've had in mind as a long term replacement for Massa. He's with Sauber but we all know the relationship there.

The way I see it possibly going down is if they dropped him in the middle of season, get someone like Sutil in to finish out the season then bring Perez in for 2013.
That's all of course if Ferrari decide to drop Massa in the middle of the season but I personally don't see it happening.

Last edited by smellslikeshoes; 22-03-2012 at 02:12. Reason: Me fail english? That's unpossible.
22-03-2012, 12:40   #593
LIGHTNING

Id be suprised if they replace Massa mid season, Ferrari are quite stubborn and generally will keep with something that is clearly not working!
22-03-2012, 20:00   #594
brownacid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING View Post
Id be suprised if they replace Massa mid season, Ferrari are quite stubborn and generally will keep with something that is clearly not working!

Maybe Declan Kidney could replace Massa then?
Advertisement
22-03-2012, 21:59   #595
Infoanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacachi View Post
You don't get points for not finishing. Prost seemed to be able to nurse cars where Senna couldn't.
As for the '94 car, it's hard to know. Apparently it was unpredictable handling-wise and towards the end of the season Mansell was way faster than Hill at some tracks so it's hard to say exactly what the story was.

Money. That's why there's **** all Italians in F1. Ferrari already have all of Italy behind them as well as Italian sponsors. What can they gain from having an Italian driver?
Prost was renowned for finishing where he needed to position wise - no more no less, Senna would always go for a win BUT could also nurse a car home - See Senna's first Brazilian win if any doubt.
1994 was the first seen without all the electronic gizmos and it took a while for Williams to get it sorted - we are all aware of the allegations made about Benetton - btw Sky F1 just showed a review of the '94 season - and the questionable antics at seasons end.

Ferrari - 1984 the last time a driver got fired early on - Arnoux - Cannot see Massa be let go especially when the car itself has so many issues.
The elephant in the room is Robert Kubica and his rate of recovery and potential to return.
Thanks from:
25-03-2012, 18:29   #596
amacachi
Closed Account

As silly as it may sound one of the reasons I want Massa to move on is because I hope Felipe Nasr gets a good shot at F1 either next year or the following. Having a similar name to such a poor driver isn't a good thing.
25-03-2012, 18:40   #597
Daniel S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING View Post
I wouldn't be too surprised anymore.
26-03-2012, 11:26   #598
LIGHTNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel S View Post
I wouldn't be too surprised anymore.
True enough!
26-03-2012, 11:57   #599
Daniel S

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacachi View Post
As silly as it may sound one of the reasons I want Massa to move on is because I hope Felipe Nasr gets a good shot at F1 either next year or the following. Having a similar name to such a poor driver isn't a good thing.
It's almost identical if a londoner says it as they pronounce words ending with and "a" as "r".
29-03-2012, 16:31   #600
PJTierney

Send a message via MSN to PJTierney
Quote:

Planet F1 is about as reliable as The Sun.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion