Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-03-2012, 08:11   #91
AnCapaillMor

Went there last night, was impressed by the place, seats are pretty comfortable. Hope it takes off and does well, there was only 4 of us in the 18:20 john Carter showing.
Advertisement
21-03-2012, 15:24   #92
Jofspring

Was at the cinema myself last night. About 50 of us in at the 8:45 showing of Contraband.

There was an issue for the first few trailers with the cropping as mentioned before but didn't see any issue after that. The picture quality was very clear and the sound was good too. The seats where comfortable with plenty of leg room which was great as my knees used to be killing me by the end of a movie in storm.

Food is expense as is to be expected I suppose but all and all it was an enjoyable experience. The cinema as a whole is not that big but thats fine by me.
21-03-2012, 17:24   #93
meoklmrk91

Just a quick question does anyone know if they sell cheesy nachos in the new cinema, we are going to see the hunger games on Friday and a friend is refusing to go until she finds out if they sell then
21-03-2012, 18:41   #94
Jofspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by meoklmrk91 View Post
Just a quick question does anyone know if they sell cheesy nachos in the new cinema, we are going to see the hunger games on Friday and a friend is refusing to go until she finds out if they sell then
Ya they have those nachos with the cheesey dip.
Thanks from:
21-03-2012, 19:43   #95
meoklmrk91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
Ya they have those nachos with the cheesey dip.
Thank you, I will let her know
Advertisement
21-03-2012, 22:51   #96
boca999

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudler View Post
I live near the omniplex so it makes more sense (and its cheaper) to go there but I'll probably go see something in showtime tonight, while it has that new cinema smell is it fully finished inside or are they still decorating and the like? anyone find the pic and sound quality better than storm (wouldnt be hard) or the omniplex?
Havnt been out there yet, but I know Storms pic and sound quality has been perfect since their digital install.. I hear new cinema has the same so lets hope competition will be a good thing for cinema goers
23-03-2012, 11:25   #97
homerun_homer

Send a message via MSN to homerun_homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boca999 View Post
Havnt been out there yet, but I know Storms pic and sound quality has been perfect since their digital install.. I hear new cinema has the same so lets hope competition will be a good thing for cinema goers
Tell that to my friend who went to see Hunger Games at 8 last night and left at 8:45 because they couldn't get the projector to work/fix it. The amount of films the pair of us have gone to that have been faulty like that in Storm is unreal.

Going to this new cinema Sunday so looking forward to seeing how that is.
24-03-2012, 00:07   #98
SuperWoody101

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerun_homer View Post
Tell that to my friend who went to see Hunger Games at 8 last night and left at 8:45 because they couldn't get the projector to work/fix it. The amount of films the pair of us have gone to that have been faulty like that in Storm is unreal.

Going to this new cinema Sunday so looking forward to seeing how that is.
Something like this happened at the new Show Time cinema today, my friend went there at 3pm and after 15mins they could not get the film to play (why I don't know) but they did ring her and tell her that the 6pm showing would be working fine and it was.
26-03-2012, 01:03   #99
chucktaylor

I was there on Friday, the projectors weren't working came back five minutes later and it was grand. The local youth however arn't the best though, was seeing 21 Jump Street and they wouldn't stop jumping and screaming and running around. However beyond that enjoyable experience. Small cropping issue but I didn't notice it that much and the sound and visual are very good.
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 23:18   #100
marienbad

We went to 6 pm showing of Hunger Games . Thought it was excellent.

Widest screen I have seen in a while so we had to sit right at the back or it was disconcerting to watch- or maybe it was just me.

A bit of cropping on the adds - but who cares , if it was during the film we did'nt notice.

Great seats, very comfy and a great asset for all of us on the west side
27-03-2012, 20:02   #101
nineoutof10

Been there twice now, went to see The Muppets with my girlfriend, 2 brothers and sister for kids club on Saturday, 5 tickets for €20 inc. booking fee. I thought it was very reasonable. Food was great too, 13.50 or something like that for 2 Regular drinks, a large popcorn and a bag of sweets. For 5 of us to go cinema with food it was around €50 so I was happy out! Went back Sunday for 21 Jump Street and it was great, on in screen 1, very big screen, maybe a lil too big but great sound and video quality. I do hope that they get an Unlimited card as I would go more than once a week! They'd make their money off of me eating
28-03-2012, 01:14   #102
krudler

saw The Hunger Games earlier, really impressed with the place, tons of legroom, seats lean back a fair bit, was in screen 2 and its pretty big, sound and picture were immaculate, even during the ads, which there werent too much of, four short ads and three trailers if I remember right, they've definitely got a new customer in me anyway would really recommend it.
02-04-2012, 18:52   #103
Jackobyte

Does anyone know if they do Slush Puppies at the food counter there?
02-04-2012, 19:18   #104
dave 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackobyte View Post
Does anyone know if they do Slush Puppies at the food counter there?
they sure do, of what i saw there was cola and red..which would either be strawberry or raspberry? might be more but i wasnt really looking
02-04-2012, 19:45   #105
Mr E
Administrator

Strawberry is red. Raspberry is blue. No, I don't know why either.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion