Embrace the Absurd-Street Portraits of strangers. - Page 11 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-03-2012, 12:03   #151
okmqaz42

Easy targets, still absurd, still fun.

Advertisement
19-03-2012, 13:08   #152
pixbyjohn

Nice birds candid

2 chicks out for a walk by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
(5) thanks from:
19-03-2012, 15:33   #153
BengaLover

I havent dared to do it yet! Feel like a bit of a crazy lady not to mention might get into trouble for taking pics of people without permission (especially kids) and dont want to get 'posed' shots when asking peoples permission.

Are their any protocols one must follow if taking someones photo without permission - and they take umbrage?
19-03-2012, 16:44   #154
Captain Commie

Went out today with a friend doing this very topic, some results below

19-03-2012, 17:08   #155
pixbyjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaLover View Post
I havent dared to do it yet! Feel like a bit of a crazy lady not to mention might get into trouble for taking pics of people without permission (especially kids) and dont want to get 'posed' shots when asking peoples permission.

Are their any protocols one must follow if taking someones photo without permission - and they take umbrage?
Best thing to do is back off, offer to delete their pics. But let them know nicely you are doing it voluntarily as it is not against the law to take photos of them in a public place. Commonsense should prevail.
Advertisement
21-03-2012, 23:36   #156
pullandbang
Hosted Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, run like fook......
(5) thanks from:
22-03-2012, 00:20   #157
FoxyVixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto2 View Post
I now live in Thailand full time and love to take street shots .I do not ask permission and use a 50-200 lens .I have been verbally abused on two occasions by Westerners for doing so but Thais love to have their photo taken .Some shots from Pattaya above .
Love the series of photos and just HAD to google about the German homeless man. Curiosity got the better of me, seems like no-one knows much bout him. Plenty have discussed him on the interwebs it would appear.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews...o-streets-6552

http://www.ajarnforum.net/vb/the-vir...s-pattaya.html

Last edited by FoxyVixen; 22-03-2012 at 00:23.
22-03-2012, 15:07   #158
EyeBlinks

22-03-2012, 21:29   #159
leche solara

(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-03-2012, 22:38   #160
humberklog

26-03-2012, 16:43   #161
lisatiffany

A recent one from when I was out shopping, the only thing I don't like about it is the guys head to the top left of the bus stop post (see?) I considered painting him out.
(4) thanks from:
26-03-2012, 16:58   #162
lisatiffany

Quote:

I like to ask peoples permission if they look exceptionally interesting, maybe once in a blue moon they say no but they almost always agree and even go as far as making poses. on a recent photowalk someone spotted a guy fully inked up with tats ..he was walking by pretty fast and a few people were saying "you ask him ..no you!" ..i ran after him down the street at night and tapped him on the shoulder ..he looked scary and i thought "so this is how i die?" ..i asked him could i take his picture and he said yes but was in a hurry ..2 shots later off he went.

I found out later one of my friends used to date him so i look at it 2 ways - (1) ireland is small so there is no such thing as a stranger (2) don't judge a book by its cover. i'll generally shoot anything i see and if its at a distance and not static i'll shoot from there but if its right in front of me i'll ask the person. one subject i never shoot is the roma, okay maybe i do but when i do i make sure they don't know (see below). i have too many experiences of them seeing and making a big deal over it. a male photographer friend says he is afraid of shooting street photography because he doesn't want people thinking he is "weird", he will shoot buildings but never people especially children, i can to an extent understand why but unless you are hiding in a tree with a camera people tend to not even notice or care.

avoid photographing the roma.. they don't take kindly to it even if it was accidental
(which this wasn't)
(2) thanks from:
26-03-2012, 17:34   #163
EyeBlinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatiffany View Post
them seeing and making a big deal over it.
Should that not read "Big Issue"
Thanks from:
27-03-2012, 22:38   #164
meenaghans

Thanks from:
27-03-2012, 22:50   #165
EddyC15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatiffany View Post
waiting at the bus
I love the eyes on the girl on the left. They really make the picture. As for the fella who stuck his head in there, I didn't notice him until you mentioned it.

I love the photo anyway.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion