Online Resources to practice SQL - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-03-2012, 17:12   #1
Lombardo86

Online Resources to practice SQL

Hi,

Am hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction. I am looking for somewhere to practice my SQL. I am going to be getting back into it soon and would like to brush up before then.

I am looking for any online resources that i would be able to run some triggers/procedures/not too complex queries jst as a refresher without the whole installing a DB and web servers etc.

Is there anything online that would facilitate this or what is the easiest way to go about it?

Any help appreciated - Thanks
Advertisement
14-03-2012, 13:28   #2
amen

Download the free versions of MySQL or MS SQL Express
14-03-2012, 13:38   #3
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
You can get huge sample databases from Microsoft which you can load into an MSSQL Express server:
http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/
14-03-2012, 13:58   #4
duffman85

XAMPP (apache, mysql,php) from here(www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html) is installs and configured in a few clicks. Can run queries from command line or phpmyadmin interfaces

SqlServer Express and the Management Studio are straightforward enough to get going on and as Seamus says there's lots of sample dbs to play with.
14-03-2012, 14:12   #5
drag0n79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo86 View Post
Hi,

Am hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction. I am looking for somewhere to practice my SQL. I am going to be getting back into it soon and would like to brush up before then.

I am looking for any online resources that i would be able to run some triggers/procedures/not too complex queries jst as a refresher without the whole installing a DB and web servers etc.

Is there anything online that would facilitate this or what is the easiest way to go about it?

Any help appreciated - Thanks
I don't think you'll be able to look at triggers, procedures etc. without doing the installs as others have mentioned above.

But if you want to practise some queries online, look here

http://db.grussell.org/sql/

(use the cat command to view the tables in the database)
Advertisement
14-03-2012, 14:57   #6
Lombardo86

Hi Everybody.. thanks for the links/resources there. Been a while since i was into the detail here so excuse the basic question!

Will have a look around here and ill post back some useful feedback over the next while should anyone else be in my position in future

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion