Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boycott NIKE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

HURRRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

was just like when Ben & Jerry released their Ku Klux Kandy icecream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Have people been boycotting/uproaring about the "Black and Tan" drink then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

NIKE have brought out a new line of runners called the Black and Tan,stupid bastards.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/the-nike-sneakers-spoiling-st-patricks-day/story-fn9076o9-1226297994609

Lol, I am so buying these.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dunny! wrote: »
    Lol, I am so buying these.

HUN:D

• Advertisement

HUN:D

BABE:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Oh, My GOD. I demand everything thats remotely able to be taken offence to by anyone be banned right now, whether it's perfectly ok somewhere else or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I am not offended at all. I think they're quite nice. Might buy a pair meself, if to annoy others at lease. :pac:

600 years and all we get is a pair of runners!!

Oh, My GOD. I demand everything thats remotely able to be taken offence to by anyone be banned right now, whether it's perfectly ok somewhere else or not.

Damn I love a good troll,I really do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It's true. Nike only make stuff fit for lining a boy's cot with

uhr.. mon them shoes

800 Years

800 Years

That a size 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I think they're horrible, but not at all offended. If they're brought out with a view to Paddy's day in mind then they're a bunch of retards.

LOL why would you be offended by a pair of runners, they are black and tan, so what?

LOL why would you be offended by a pair of runners, they are black and tan, so what?
    If they were intended as a nod to Ireland i.e. named after the drink then it is a bit of a howler but certainly not offensive.

Are they not based on a pint of guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

They offend me with their ugliness!

Oranage2 wrote: »
    They offend me with their ugliness!

Dont buy them so.

Are they not based on a pint of guinness?
    No they're named after a drink which is a mix of Guinness and lager but as far as I know it's not an Irish concoction. The point is that if Nike had done their homework correctly and wanted to produce a trainer in honour of Ireland 'Black and Tan' was not the way to go. Like I said I don't care I just think they missed the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The sales that they would loose in the republic will be gained by the Prods in the North. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Ficheall wrote: »
    Have people been boycotting/uproaring about the "Black and Tan" drink then? :confused:

Boycott a drink, are you mad or one of them muslim yokes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

krudler wrote: »

It was racist flavour, I think?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Half Porter (e.g. Guinness) and half Ale (e.g. Smithwicks) - most proper Irish people would call it a half and half. It's a fking bastard to pour as the porter will react with the ale in an almost explosive manner if you don't pour it in slowly enough. Even a pint of "Special" can be a pain in the arse for this reason (ale with a porter "head").

Ben and Jerry's also brought out a Black and Tan ice cream a number of years ago but quickly pulled it when they were told who the Black and Tans were and what they did to the citizens of Ireland.

I don't so much find the idea of something called a Black and Tan offensive as much as the idea that a company the size of Nike with it's infinite budget couldn't be bothered to check this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They should have an appropriate slogan.

"Black and Tans - Start f*cking running, Paddy"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Yes it was

800 years!

Why didn't they just call it Guinness trainers if that was what their theme was for the nike trainers, rather than calling black and tan.

Seriously, Ben and Jerry Ice-cream did that, scandalous! Never knew they did that.

Where's paddy the Irish man....he might answer

¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

doovdela wrote: »

Where's paddy the Irish man....he might answer

¬_¬

In training for paddys day, where else would any decent paddy be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

doovdela wrote: »
    Why didn't they just call it Guinness trainers if that was what their theme was for the nike trainers, rather than calling black and tan.

They're releasing two designs. The second one actually is called Guinness:
    http://hypebeast.com/2012/02/nike-sb-dunk-high-guinness/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

krudler wrote: »

bilde.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

The Irish car bomb is another drink they do over there. C4 and whiskey, or something like that.

Advertisement