Post here every time you get something new! - Page 570 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

11-03-2012, 20:12   #8536
CiDeRmAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsim101 View Post
Hey fellow retro geeks,

Daughter and I just returned from a car boot sale, got this lot for 10 quid, not bad at all me thinks

Raystorm?
Nice find, I liked that game a lot on the PS.

Didn't trek to any markets today, this particular atheist had to take his son to 60 minutes of Mass, as prep for his upcoming communion..
Then it was off to a school fundraiser, Family Fun Bingo, as gaelige...
I should have them done by the advertising standards authority for the blatant misuse of the word "Fun" !
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2012, 20:36   #8537
djsim101

ah ha CiDeRmAn been there done that (Communion) This time last year we had to do 8 Sundays in a row, with mass starting @ 10.30am. Lucky you dude

Sure is Raystorm, havent played it in yonkes, looking forward to giving it a bash again.

This was actually my first time going to a car boot sale. Wasnt sure what to expect. It was actually my daughter that was pulling me away from the site.

Your man from the stall was saying it to my daughter "Isnt your daddy very good to you for buying you all these games"
(3) thanks from:
12-03-2012, 09:38   #8538
Myrddin
Category Moderator

This mornings haul

Rush N attack, spurred on by Pat The Nes Punk's video on it - http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=93

My quest for the 16bit Aladdin games continues on the GBA. Yes I know the GBA is 32bit but its a near direct port of the 16bit SNES game

This should need no introduction, the Capcom/Disney romance blossoms with Duck Takes. One of the few examples of a tv licensed game being actually not just good...but brilliant.

Bread & butter stuff here. This completes the 'Strike' lineup for my MD collection. And, like Aladdin, I wanna get VR on as many formats as I can as I love the arcade version & am very interested in the different ports of it.

Not sure if Nyarlothedep reads here anymore, but this should make him happy. It also kick starts my 32X collection as I had NO games for it up until now, despite owning the console for 6/7 years. It's time enough I got started. Lol, like Aladdin & VR again though, I'm massively interested in Doom & its myriad of ports. The 32X doesn't bode well, but being one for oddities, I couldn't say no. €9 for an albeit tatty, but CIB version of it was a no brainer

12-03-2012, 12:15   #8539
CiDeRmAn

I too am a lover of the VR Racing game, can't call it a series as there was only one of them!
I have it on MD in both Pal and NTSC flavours, that way I can also play it on the Nomad.
I have the pitiful Saturn version, the excellent 32x version and the not as good as the 32x but much better than the Saturn edition PS2 conversion.
Outside of picking up the arcade game I think that's them all that there is, unless I'm forgetting something...
12-03-2012, 12:18   #8540
CiDeRmAn

Oh, Empire of Steel for the MD and Dragon Blaze for the PS2 arrived this morning, Shumps a go go!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 12:26   #8541
Myrddin
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn View Post
I have the pitiful Saturn version, the excellent 32x version
Classic Game Room thinks the exact opposite, he reckons the Saturn version is the best home port. What kills it for you?
12-03-2012, 13:05   #8542
Myrddin
Category Moderator

Why its so important to clean your ears carts. This is without even opening the cart

Last edited by Myrddin; 12-03-2012 at 13:13.
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 13:30   #8543
keithgeo
Its a magical place..

wow, thats filth, it must be a bad one. break out the steel wool!
12-03-2012, 13:32   #8544
o1s1n

Sad thing is, even games which look to be in good condition even seem to have dirt like that.

I got lazy with cleaning my carts a long time ago. Now there are too many to go back and do them all.

Cart cleaning party anyone?!
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 13:40   #8545
Retr0gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNow View Post
Classic Game Room thinks the exact opposite, he reckons the Saturn version is the best home port. What kills it for you?
Classic Games Room is very wrong. The Saturn version has new tracks and new cars but the thing that it gets completely wrong is the gameplay. The game was farmed out to Time Warner who made a complete mess of the game. The handling of the car is all wrong and as a result the game is a load of rubbish.

The 32X version on the other hand is superb and was handled in house and is a much closer port. I still think the megadrive version nails the handling a lot better though.
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 13:52   #8546
Professey Chin
Swiggity Swooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1s1n View Post
Cart cleaning party anyone?!
Will there be dancing girls?
That aren't Retr0?
(2) thanks from:
12-03-2012, 15:24   #8547
CiDeRmAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retr0gamer View Post
Classic Games Room is very wrong. The Saturn version has new tracks and new cars but the thing that it gets completely wrong is the gameplay. The game was farmed out to Time Warner who made a complete mess of the game. The handling of the car is all wrong and as a result the game is a load of rubbish.
I couldn't agree more, see, I don't even have to say it, I just wait for Retr0 to say the definitive answer I always agree with!

Quote:
The 32X version on the other hand is superb and was handled in house and is a much closer port. I still think the megadrive version nails the handling a lot better though.
Not sure, the 32x was everything the MD had but more content and better visuals.

A cracking game, I was very disappointed that they never truly nailed an arcade perfect conversion, and remain so.
Always wanted Scud Race as well...
Lets face it perfection would be a collection of all the various Sega racing properties, a proper conversion of the original Sega Rally, Daytona, Scud Race, Virtua Racing, so many great series, I want to play them outside of Mame or collecting PCBs.
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 17:39   #8548
sugarman

Nothing really new... well, YET But wanted to ask about a few things before I buy/do anything.. Long list, bare with me!

Megadrive: Got an Asian Pal I model boxed in a Charity shop there awhile ago. Came without a PSU or any video cables, tho its no probs. My gamegear & mastersystem psu work with it.

Video is a diff story, went to test it last night and realised the RF port has a feckin pin stuck in the middle! Not too bothered anyways as I intend to get use an RGB. Don't have one for a model I to test, so I made an a make shift AV cable by plugging it in the video pin on the RGB slot & got sound from phono, all works

Questions now, wheres best to get a cheap RGB Model I cable? Anyone know if The Rage sell em at all?

Also, while im here.. Mods wise. Gonna 50/60hz it. But should I bother installing an AV port? As in Yellow, Red & White pins?

Atari: 7800 PSU is busted. Wires are exposed and its too dangerous to use at this stage. Where the hell can I find a cheap replacement? Ebay is'nt throwing up too much at all.

And also, an 800XL PSU, its like they dont exist! Bought an 800XL at a Carboot years ago & never got arround to even testing it! Any idea?

Went to PM Batari but looks like he closed his account
12-03-2012, 17:52   #8549
Retr0gamer

Not a game but game related. Got an absolutely gorgeous art book today or a collection of art from Minako Iwasaki. She started with Nihon Falcom before going freelance. It contains loads of gorgeous artwork from games and series like Ys, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Pheonix Wright, Suikoden etc.

Thanks to Sera for spotting it for me!
12-03-2012, 18:00   #8550
Atavan-Halen
He Touched My Breast!!

I only picked up Dead Rising 2 for £13 this week. Took a spin up to Newry on Friday and spotted some nice PS2 and xbox games. Regret not picking up a few but oh well, I can always go up again!
Thread Closed