Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-03-2012, 17:32   #31
BeerNut

They work a deposit system for that, I think. The organisers of this thing actually want people to take the glasses away.
Advertisement
09-03-2012, 17:38   #32
BaZmO*

Must be an insurance thing so.
09-03-2012, 20:11   #33
Big Nasty

Is it outdoor? If so I can understand the plastics but it would turn me off TBH. Real beer needs to be drank from real glass IMO.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 20:23   #34
irish_goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXV View Post
Is it outdoor? If so I can understand the plastics but it would turn me off TBH. Real beer needs to be drank from real glass IMO.
It's going to be in a marquee as far as I can tell.
09-03-2012, 20:42   #35
Big Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_goat View Post
It's going to be in a marquee as far as I can tell.
Probably those massive upturned umbrella things (very effective BTW) but still essentially outside. Again, I can understand but it just wouldn't do it for me.
Advertisement
09-03-2012, 21:49   #36
Focalbhach

I haven't been to a beer festival before so I just want to make sure I understand how it's going to work: there's a €10 charge to get in, and after that you buy your drinks at normal price from the various stands? Are there tokens with the entrance fee? It becomes a less attractive proposition if not.
09-03-2012, 22:21   #37
irish_goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalbhach View Post
I haven't been to a beer festival before so I just want to make sure I understand how it's going to work: there's a €10 charge to get in, and after that you buy your drinks at normal price from the various stands? Are there tokens with the entrance fee? It becomes a less attractive proposition if not.
At the RDS festival, run by the same people, you paid €10, got a branded pint glass to keep, a programme and a token which got you your first half pint. After that you bought more tokens if you wanted more drink.

I'd hope that they're still giving a token for the first drink at least and if they're not allowed to give out the pint glass anymore they're probably going to need to cut a few euro off the admission price.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 22:33   #38
slayerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalbhach View Post
It seems to be a bit up in the air at the moment as to how this is gona pan out!!

At the craft beerfest in the RDS last year it was very well run, 10 euro in which included a pint glass and a free glass of beer.
Once your in, you buy beer bucks for 2.50 each. Each buck will get you a half pint (or 2 for a pint). And the half pints were very generous half pints (almost 3/4 pints!!), so it was actually pretty good value, and nice to chat to some of the brewers.
Plus the entertainment was very good. You could also buy weekend tickets for 20 euro.

This time round, I'm not sure exactly what the craic is!! 10 euro in, but not sure whether thats just to get in the door or whether it includes a glass/beer or whatever.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 22:34   #39
Focalbhach

Thanks! Guess I'll wait and see, and hope for more details on the website!
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 13:14   #40
Bambi

oh what to do, what to do

On the one hand, I've been off the beer since Christmas and I hate paddys weekend, too messy.

On the other hand, the IFSC is right beside work and I NEED to taste some clotworthy dobbin again.
12-03-2012, 13:56   #41
BeerNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
I NEED to taste some clotworthy dobbin again.
I don't see Whitewater on the brewery list, unfortunately. You might have to make do with a bottle at home.
12-03-2012, 16:08   #42
Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerNut View Post
I don't see Whitewater on the brewery list, unfortunately. You might have to make do with a bottle at home.
So I noticed . The only place where i've seen it is the celtic whiskey shop.
12-03-2012, 16:12   #43
BeerNut

The Beer Club (Next Door in Santry, Harold's Cross & Kimmage) usually has it.
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 23:04   #44
slayerking

Just seen that its now possible to reserve a table for €250 for a table of 10, includes 1 pint per person.

A bit of a rip off if you ask me!
12-03-2012, 23:19   #45
BaZmO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerking View Post
Just seen that its now possible to reserve a table for €250 for a table of 10, includes 1 pint per person.

A bit of a rip off if you ask me!
Yeah I saw that today. I'm all for making money, but I think it gets away from the point of the festival, or maybe I'm wrong.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion