Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-03-2012, 16:58   #496
red fraggle

i got long sleeve v neck tops in pennys in the stretchy material and im livin in them! dunnes also have them. i havnt breastfed in public yet tho but im sure i could manage with these tops... when im brave enough!!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2012, 17:14   #497
How Strange

red fraggle the string vest is fantastic because you lift up your top, pull the vest down at the breast and latch the baby on. No one sees anything except the back of your baby's head. I never mastered the shawl/scarf thing as my son would squirm and then my full boob would be exposed for all to see.

I personally hated tight tops on me as I felt they used to cling to the wobbly bits and/or ride up and expose the wobbly bits. But that was just me and my peculiarities!
Thanks from:
08-03-2012, 18:16   #498
red fraggle

[QUOTE=How Strange;77493393]red fraggle the string vest is fantastic because you lift up your top, pull the vest down at the breast and latch the baby on. No one sees anything except the back of your baby's head.

oh i see!!! il have to try this. id prob be very awkward id say!!
Thanks from:
08-03-2012, 22:37   #499
wmpdd3

Ive tried this and it was grand, my usual top woth the really streachy vest from pennys inside. Even though i have to get a nipple shield on, i felt i was well covered.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 00:40   #500
liliq

The string/ vest top under normal tops is what I do as well!
Have bought no nursing clothes either.
If you wanna do a dress version, you could get some dresses in awear (sale at the min), pennys etc, that have a couple of buttons down the front... open the buttons and pull the vest top underneath up instead of down and the top of the dress down. There aren't many dresses that will work for, but there are a few
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-03-2012, 09:50   #501
lynski

one of the best things i have is a boobtube top from penneys, long to cover the woobly bits and just add underneath another top, outside up inside down on one side.
i have a boob dress and i have it since pregnancy no 2, love it and it is so great for feeding in still.
layers ftw, and the odd 'nice' dress or top is great.
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 16:46   #502
red fraggle

e is feeding every 2 hours yesterday and today. wore out. she wil be 10 weeks this week could it be she is not gettin enough?? actually shes not feeding for quite as long maybe thats it. though its stil a 15/20 min feed.
(2) thanks from:
12-03-2012, 17:01   #503
How Strange

red fraggle she could be going through a developmental leap or a bit of a growth spurt. The growth spurts are 2,4,6,12 weeks but every baby is different so she could be going through one at the moment. As long as you're feeding on cue then just go with it. They can be incredibly exhausting but it's her way of telling your body to make more milk because her appetite is increasing.

I found it very good to have healthy snacks or even plain biscuits to hand on days like this so you have something to munch on. A DVD box set can be a life saver too
(5) thanks from:
12-03-2012, 17:02   #504
galah

could be a growth spurt - we went through a few of them as well - E would sleep and feed nicely for weeks, and then bang! up every two hours or hour and a half, day and night, for a couple of days. You'll get through them, just don't plan anything exciting for those days since you won't be leaving the couch ;-)

hehe, HowStrange beat me to it ;-)
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 17:25   #505
red fraggle

thanks how strange and galah!!! shes been feedin for the last hour now!! it must be a growth spurt. im feeding her when she wants it so some tv time and plain bickies for the week sounds like a plan, and ill have to plan a walk in between!! i ordered the wonder weeks book and thats after coming in so ill have to get to town to get that.

i wont be doing any work/painting on my house this week!!!
(2) thanks from:
12-03-2012, 20:02   #506
hibride

Quote:
Originally Posted by red fraggle View Post
thanks how strange and galah!!! shes been feedin for the last hour now!! it must be a growth spurt. im feeding her when she wants it so some tv time and plain bickies for the week sounds like a plan, and ill have to plan a walk in between!! i ordered the wonder weeks book and thats after coming in so ill have to get to town to get that.

i wont be doing any work/painting on my house this week!!!
Hi, my little one was feeding an average of one time every two hours for the first year and a half, so no worries hahahaha And the growth spurs were easy to spot, she would certainly breastfeed more often and for longer periods
12-03-2012, 20:34   #507
red fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibride View Post
Hi, my little one was feeding an average of one time every two hours for the first year and a half, so no worries hahahaha
oh my!! well e has no set hours. it was every 3-4 hours, then it was every 2 hours til midday then 4 hours then back to 2 hours. who knows!! as long as shes healthy!!
(4) thanks from:
13-03-2012, 14:27   #508
wmpdd3

O my 6 week old is on the same as that. Glad to see that its not so off the wall. He usually sleeps for 5hrs at night but he can be at the boob the rest of the day. Also he doesnt sleep during the day at all.... Cant say its easy...
13-03-2012, 16:25   #509
How Strange

wmpdd3 next time I'm getting a sling so I can at least move around. My son loved the closeness of being held all the time
13-03-2012, 20:55   #510
wmpdd3

Just cant master feeding in the sling, pity it would be so handy..

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion