Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-03-2012, 14:52   #586
abouttobebanned
Closed Account

Great to see some restaurants in Waterford doing the basics so well - food and service. Great for the city to see so many good reviews.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 15:48   #587
kryogen

Yep, seems Flame has improved itself dramatically which is great and fair play to them
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 12:03   #588
CardBordWindow

I've been in Sabai a bit recently, collecting food. Every time I've gone in, it's always been packed. Great to see it.
The food was gorgeous too. Have yet to have a bad meal from there.
07-03-2012, 11:33   #589
gears

Not the most exciting request but we enjoy Fajitas from time to time, can anyone recommend some where in town that does them?
07-03-2012, 11:38   #590
kryogen

Our own ones in Revolution are good, tbh I haven't had them anywhere else so can't comment, not even sure where else does them, in the traditional sense anyway!

i.e.

Give you, Tortilla wraps, dips, sizzling platter with meat and veg and let you make the to your own preference.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-03-2012, 19:36   #591
abouttobebanned
Closed Account

The revolution fajitas are excellent.
07-03-2012, 20:59   #592
wmpdd3

We really need a Mexican, of for Revolution to do more Mexican food...
09-03-2012, 00:43   #593
deisemum

I went with 3 friends to Flame tonight and it was lovely. Service was very friendly and helpful, food was lovely and good value. We'll definitely be going back again.
12-03-2012, 21:44   #594
Junior

Went Sunday to Caseys, brought out the wrong starter for my wife, then her main course had I would say luke warm mash potatoes. It seemed as if they just nuked the food after it was returned as the rest of the veg's suffered when it was brought back out. It wasn't a great experience, won't be returning. Sadly.
Advertisement
13-03-2012, 12:50   #595
calvin_zola
Closed Account

I was in the Gingerman for Sunday lunch, have been in there a few times for the food as it is handy if your strolling around town... I am very impressed with the food in their... of what ive got in their in the past Ive never left disappointed, or hungry, had lasagna on sunday and it was so nice, main courses only about a tenner each, and the crepes desert with toffee was top notch....... their stir fry is top class, and the bangers and mash are soooooo nice
13-03-2012, 14:39   #596
Sully

Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Skype™ to Sully
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin_zola View Post
I was in the Gingerman for Sunday lunch, have been in there a few times for the food as it is handy if your strolling around town... I am very impressed with the food in their... of what ive got in their in the past Ive never left disappointed, or hungry, had lasagna on sunday and it was so nice, main courses only about a tenner each, and the crepes desert with toffee was top notch....... their stir fry is top class, and the bangers and mash are soooooo nice
Yup lovely place to eat. Very friendly staff also. A little on the pricey side, but food is gorgeous.
13-03-2012, 14:58   #597
Smile12

sorry lads but could anyone tell me the opening hours for costa coffee shop on waterford beside penneys please
13-03-2012, 15:53   #598
iseegirls

In La Taverna few days ago since it's little revamp. There is an extra table downstairs after taking away that trellis thing beside the door.

The menu has changed a small bit, with some prices changing, but I couldn't remember the prices before, but I got a lovely spaghetti with bacon, egg, parmesan and black pepper for 9.50 at lunch time. And i think it was around 11euro on old menu.

I liked that they had the half pizzas on wooden boards before, but I see that they are now on plates.

They also have no menu outside now - just a blackboard of offers. How are people supposed to know what food they serve if there's no proper menu? Now this was only for lunch. Maybe they put out a menu for evening time but I don't pass then.
13-03-2012, 21:48   #599
JPA

Are restaurants generally busy on Patrick's Day?
14-03-2012, 00:23   #600
Nas10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile12 View Post
sorry lads but could anyone tell me the opening hours for costa coffee shop on waterford beside penneys please
Same as shop hours so 9-6 monday to saturday and till 9 on friday, not sure of sundays though.

Bit annoying really as you really need to work in near town to get a coffee, and a nice evening stroll through town and the decent coffee shop is shut.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion