Goff developments and Centra in Bridgetown - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-10-2011, 09:56   #1
HeavyRunner
Closed Account

Goff developments and Centra in Bridgetown

I see an article on page 7 of the Wexford people this week showing the Kelly brothers staging a demo outside the Goff Centra in Bridgetown. Using it to highlight the 90k the are owed for work done for Goffs on a County Council contract. Fair dues to them. Was in the shop yesterday and the owners had their 2 BMW's and a Merc 4x4 parked outside, so they are not short a few bob. How do some people get away with so much!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-10-2011, 16:57   #2
sundula

Sad to see, very little these guys can do. You sue the principal contractor, they fold with liability limited to the assets of the company which would probably be nil or the creditor ends up with 5cent in the euro or something tiny.

Plenty of sub-contractors and suppliers have been properly caught in the last couple of years and will continue to be.

The joys of company law.
Thanks from:
15-10-2011, 08:29   #3
patff

The Goffs seem to be something of pariahs lately.

Same guys that got jailed for non-payment of pensions. Although they were out the following day, I believe.

But in reality they're just working the system to benefit themselves and if others get screwed, well, it's not their problem.

It stinks, but it's life.
15-10-2011, 08:43   #4
HeavyRunner
Closed Account

Makes me sick how they screw people like that and then rub it in by driving around in top of the range flash cars. Lots of people around the area seem to have similar stories going back many years. How do they get people to do business with them. I love the way they say the Centra store is nothing to do with them.
15-10-2011, 10:01   #5
patff

They can drive around in all the flash cars they want, I could care less. In my experience people like them need ostentatious displays of wealth to validate their existence, because apart from that they have nothing.
Advertisement
21-10-2011, 20:56   #6
SomeNeck
Closed Account

Some Neck is Right!!

Their approach is unbelievable naive - you cannot really separate limited liability from one company to negating on financial committments from another company with your friends, neighbours and community when you choose to start a new business on profits of another business!!!!!! Naive! To be honest, I have had first hand experience of their forceful bullyish behaviour over “the wife’s” business venture… but you know = the community knows, the neighbours know, the friends know and you can’t just ignore why so many people are avoiding this store.. I will NEVER enter its doors. I believe in KARMA… just wait till it hits you in the ass Goffs.
21-10-2011, 23:23   #7
the GALL

and it's not just Goff's who have F$%ked over builders in Wexford
07-11-2011, 08:19   #8
HeavyRunner
Closed Account

I see another article in the paper where they say that the Centra in Bridgetown is ' is committed to supporting local suppliers'. That's nice of them.
09-11-2011, 21:59   #9
zerks

Liquidator appointed to Goff Developments.

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/home...elopments.aspx
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 23:14   #10
countygorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyRunner View Post
I see an article on page 7 of the Wexford people this week showing the Kelly brothers staging a demo outside the Goff Centra in Bridgetown. Using it to highlight the 90k the are owed for work done for Goffs on a County Council contract. Fair dues to them. Was in the shop yesterday and the owners had their 2 BMW's and a Merc 4x4 parked outside, so they are not short a few bob. How do some people get away with so much!
i hope they get it resolved fair play 2 them
28-02-2012, 20:22   #11
WX123

The owners have employed hundreds of men and women over years of business. I have read up on this. Its an un thankful job to be an employer. I'm sure the workers were happy to take their wages home in the good times, drink pints in pubs on pay day and piss the rest of the money on the outside pub wall. Good luck to them in all they do. Shame the judge didn't use the same actions on politicians and other builders. Its dog eat dog out there.
28-02-2012, 23:00   #12
patff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WX123 View Post
The owners have employed hundreds of men and women over years of business. I have read up on this. Its an un thankful job to be an employer. I'm sure the workers were happy to take their wages home in the good times, drink pints in pubs on pay day and piss the rest of the money on the outside pub wall. Good luck to them in all they do. Shame the judge didn't use the same actions on politicians and other builders. Its dog eat dog out there.

Sounds like an interested party....

As you've "read up on this", maybe you know who benefitted most "over years of business", the employer or the employee?
29-02-2012, 10:26   #13
the GALL

Quote:
Yea the cheek of them employees taking home their wages after doing a weeks work and enjoying themselves on it
29-02-2012, 14:02   #14
the GALL

Quote:
yea the feckin cheek of them employee's spending their wages how they see fit. Too much money and not enough work done for it.
Back to the fields with the lot of them that's what I say.
07-03-2012, 13:45   #15
wextipp

Quote:
The owners have employed hundreds of men and women over years of business. I have read up on this. Its an un thankful job to be an employer.
What have you read up on? The trials and tribulations of being an employer or the history of the Goff family and their relationship with suppliers and others over the years. The suppliers have employees and families as well you know.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion