unlock vodafone 858 smart - DC unlocker? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
01-03-2012, 11:25   #1
sandt
Registered User
 
sandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 234
unlock vodafone 858 smart - DC unlocker?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to unlock this phone?
After a quick search all i cant find is DC unlocker which you have to pay to use. should cost about €20 to get this unlocked.

Has anyone used them before and if you would you recommend??

thanks.
sandt is offline  
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 11:44   #2
GreenWolfe
Registered User
 
GreenWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bloated Museum of Treachery
Posts: 1,638
I used DC-unlocker before to unlock a VF858, didn't have any problems with them. It's about a tenner to unlock this model with them.

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy/user_prices

Quote:
179 Unlock Huawei U8160/Vodafone 858 Smart 10
http://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy/prices
Quote:
Credits amount Price for 1 credit 1 - 99 1.00 EUR
GreenWolfe is offline  
02-03-2012, 11:52   #3
sandt
Registered User
 
sandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthlyPangaea View Post
I used DC-unlocker before to unlock a VF858, didn't have any problems with them. It's about a tenner to unlock this model with them.

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy/user_prices

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy/prices
Great, thanks.

How does it work? what im guessing from the website is:

1. download DC unlocker software program
2. buy credits from the site (amount depends on which model you are trying to unlock)
3. after buying credits you recieve some sort of code
4. plug phone into computer, run DC software download, enter the code recieved
5. phone is unlocked

Is this correct? its not very clear on their website.

thanks again.
sandt is offline  
02-03-2012, 12:48   #4
breathn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt View Post
Great, thanks.

How does it work? what im guessing from the website is:

1. download DC unlocker software program
2. buy credits from the site (amount depends on which model you are trying to unlock)
3. after buying credits you recieve some sort of code
4. plug phone into computer, run DC software download, enter the code recieved
5. phone is unlocked

Is this correct? its not very clear on their website.

thanks again.
I unlocked my VF Smart last year with dcunlocker.
Make sure you have a windows machine (not vm) and a direct internet connection.
Oh and I recall that you need both the Huawei drivers installed, the DFU mode drivers installed and there might have been something else to download from their horrible website too.
program crashed lots of times or hung forever, took hours of fiddling around to get it unlocked, but I got it unlocked at the end.

If you're up for messing around with the device, you might want to flash a new firmware to it also that doesn't have all that horrible VF branding.
breathn is offline  
Thanks from:
02-03-2012, 15:04   #5
sandt
Registered User
 
sandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathn View Post
I unlocked my VF Smart last year with dcunlocker.
Make sure you have a windows machine (not vm) and a direct internet connection.
Oh and I recall that you need both the Huawei drivers installed, the DFU mode drivers installed and there might have been something else to download from their horrible website too.
program crashed lots of times or hung forever, took hours of fiddling around to get it unlocked, but I got it unlocked at the end.

If you're up for messing around with the device, you might want to flash a new firmware to it also that doesn't have all that horrible VF branding.
cheers,

any idea where i could get a walkthrough for the unlock and how to flash the firmware?

thanks
sandt is offline  
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 18:04   #6
GreenWolfe
Registered User
 
GreenWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bloated Museum of Treachery
Posts: 1,638
Have a look at this guide:

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei_u8...lock_procedure

It says it's for the U8150 but the drivers work for the U8160 (VF858). Have a read of this thread as well.

Quote:
Dude did your phone hang at start-up after holding the three keys?
Procedure is exactly as Vincentas has mentioned in his above post
http://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei_u8...lock_procedure

EXCEPT that your hold VOLUME DOWN+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON
keys (this phone has no 'end call' key)
Phone will hang with image of hourglass/sand clock. Connect cable, load drivers from above link and unlock
I did three pieces without any problem (locked to Voda Spain)
Goodluck
GreenWolfe is offline  
02-03-2012, 21:50   #7
Kristopherus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,509
And if you find all that is too much hassle, try www.fastgsm.com. Fast and efficient and all done via email in about 40 mins. Costs, in most cases, $20 (US).
Kristopherus is offline  
07-03-2012, 13:31   #8
sandt
Registered User
 
sandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopherus View Post
And if you find all that is too much hassle, try www.fastgsm.com. Fast and efficient and all done via email in about 40 mins. Costs, in most cases, $20 (US).
Used this service, it was quick and simple.

may thanks.
sandt is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet