Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-03-2012, 13:29   #886
anniehoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispered View Post
Anyone here watching the Got to Dance final? Prodijig were brilliant!
Yeh picked them out to win a few weeks ago. Amazing!
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 13:32   #887
Whispered

STRAINING not to reply to a recent new thread so posting here instead.

Anniehoo I thought they were great at the start too but never thought they could win to be honest. I was so bored by fear of the unknown by the end of it. Was great to see diversity dance to actual music instead of their usual silly machine noises.
05-03-2012, 13:56   #888
tk123

Quote:
STRAINING not to reply to a recent new thread so posting here instead.

I had a funny thing happen last week.. walking by the playground (dog on lead of course) and a kid roars 'OH NO A DOG IS COMING!!!" - I must have because the mother tore strips off him as we passed saying it was very rude. He was right to be worried - he had half a sliced pan in his hands for the ducks - Bailey would have gobbled it up in seconds given half the chance!!
05-03-2012, 14:08   #889
Whispered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post

I had a funny thing happen last week.. walking by the playground (dog on lead of course) and a kid roars 'OH NO A DOG IS COMING!!!" - I must have because the mother tore strips off him as we passed saying it was very rude. He was right to be worried - he had half a sliced pan in his hands for the ducks - Bailey would have gobbled it up in seconds given half the chance!!
haha funnily it's not that thread.

Would bailey take the bread from the kid do you think? I reckon Phoe would if he got close enough, he assumes ALL food belongs to him. He's very gentle but has always been very food obsessed. Harley wouldn't, I know he'd nose at the bag and look all expectant, but would take it unless offered. Fair play to the mother.

It's so sad when you see a child who is afraid of dogs, like properly afraid. There is a little girl on our road who used to get hysterical if we drove past with Harley looking out the window! She was having a nose in the sitting room window one day and started screaming about the dog when he looked back out. I was shocked when I heard her mother encouraging the fear, telling her that the dog was going to eat her while we were walking past one day. Although in fairness, we met her with her father and he asked if she could say hello, and he stood her on the garden wall and got Harley to put his paws up beside her. She did very well patting him and trying to be brave. She still walks into a garden when she sees us coming but doesn't scream any more and always has a big wave for us.

We were walking our two yesterday, when we're feeling lazy we go to a place about 20 mins walk away where they can be let offlead for a swim and all. It's totally enclosed so once you keep an eye on the gate for other walkers we're generally ok. We were there for over an hour when out of the back of the field 3 people appeared. Thankfully both boys are pretty good off-lead but we always put them back on when we see people, just in case. When they left we walked to where they had come from and saw the start of a trail along the river! It was starting to get dark so we left it, but will head back down soon to see where it goes.
05-03-2012, 14:54   #890
tk123

Quote:
haha funnily it's not that thread.

Would bailey take the bread from the kid do you think?
I don't know if he's just go up and rob it but would probably beg? He swam in front of people who were throwing bread in to the ducks one time and caught the bread they were throwing - they weren't impressed lol!! If there's bread that's sunk to the bottom he sticks his head under the water to get it lol
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 21:18   #891
Cereal Rapist
Now, where did I put that jelly...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Rapist View Post
Finally, after moving my life out to Malta 7 weeks ago my girlfriend and our 2 dogs arrived yesterday morning safe and sound after a 5 day journey from Dublin.

Delighted is an understatement!
I spoke too soon. They have to go into boarding kennels until 1st April.

Gutted
06-03-2012, 17:08   #892
anniehoo

My god....i only came on here in 2007 for a quick look. 4000 posts later am still here!!!!! Dunno whether to be proud or worried lol
(3) thanks from:
06-03-2012, 18:42   #893
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniehoo View Post
My god....i only came on here in 2007 for a quick look. 4000 posts later am still here!!!!! Dunno whether to be proud or worried lol
Congrats lol
06-03-2012, 21:10   #894
adrenalinjunkie

Quote:
Happy 4000th post!

(try reading that out loud )
Advertisement
06-03-2012, 21:37   #895
Zapperzy

Quote:
I think I joined just to answer 1 question, 1 turned into 1000 more like!
13-03-2012, 16:46   #896
are you serious

Cats. . . they can not be trusted!!!

Thanks from:
15-03-2012, 00:21   #897
mikemac1

Two cats outside and they seem to singing
Meowing as best they can

I wish they'd stop
It sounds like a baby infant outside, it's creepy

Then I get woken up at night by other cats fighting
Lying in bed and messing around on youtube and you'd get a jump with the sudden racket
Quieten down out there

I have anti-social cats living in my estate
Go take your messing up the road to the local park, this is a resident area and people are trying to sleep
17-03-2012, 14:06   #898
adrenalinjunkie

I have finally discovered the secret to cat poo stuck in terrier hair.

1. Wash dog with good quality dog shampoo

2. Apply Christies 'The Stuff' liberally while still wet.

Two weeks on and it looks like nothing will stick to this dog I've often removed little pieces of dried in mud with my nails and thought we had one of these yesterday. However to my horror my nail went right through it as it turned out to be not dried mud but a tiny slug
17-03-2012, 23:28   #899
Zapperzy

So proud of my little guy. Went for a walk last night and met someone walking a little shihtzu x, was contemplating crossing the road as usual but decided not to, two dogs met each other with no hassle from either of them, no pulling, no barking and we stood for ages letting them have a good sniff, when we went to walk away I thought oh here now he'l start (thats normally when he would start up if the initial meet and sniff goes ok) but he trotted away without even a backward glance. Must have been that she's a nice little bitch!

Then this morning first of all two bikes cycled past us from behind (again a typical reaction from him would be bark and pull especially when they sneak up behind him) at fairly medium speed, not even a pull on the lead out of him, kept on trotting beside me happy out. Same story last week, guy cycling at him head on that 6 months ago he would bark and lunge and generally sound like he wants to kill the guy (don't blame him, same fella wanted to buy him off me to let off after the foxes ), just looked at him and kept on trotting by my ankle. Then met a woman walking 3 dogs offlead who she distracted by throwing stones to lure them away from us, but charlie still seen them and walked close enough to one cocker spaniel without any barking, just 1 little grumble from him and that was it. Again 6 months ago it would have been holy war and a sore arm trying to drag him away.

Have noticed also in the past few weeks him getting a lot better in general with traffic, normally a tractor, bus, large noisy lorry or a rattley trailer would all warrant a lunge, pull and consistent bark at but lately only a really rattley trailer or lorry get an ears pricked up 1 little yap before a quick return to my ankle.

So all in all I'm very proud of my little guy, has only taken 4 years but were getting there. Still waiting for the day he doesn't bark at strange cats but being a typical terrier I won't be holding my breath!
18-03-2012, 15:36   #900
are you serious

Isnt it mad how dogs just love each other... (random i know)

here's buddy showing Izzy how much he loves her, spent the last 5 minutes licking everywhere cleaning her after she had just done the same for him!

Last edited by are you serious; 02-05-2013 at 13:09.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion