Lets all be anxious/depressed together. - Page 257 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

05-03-2012, 02:09   #3841
Princess Peach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammstarr View Post
I couldn't tell you 2 things I like about my body let alone 10.
Doesnt have to be 10 physical things but a few! I can think if one... maybe I'll sleep on it again >_<
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 03:28   #3842
nesf

Quote:
Shapely earlobes perhaps?
05-03-2012, 03:32   #3843
nesf

Crap few days continues. Feel empty/dead inside. Could not care less if I lived or died and this doesn't bother me. Better than very low and ruminating though.
05-03-2012, 07:50   #3844
cloud493

I did use to try just... bashing me, off things, if that makes sense. Like punching things. Or jumping off thing I knew where too high for me to safely to land. But it was noticable,s o i had to switch to a razor.
05-03-2012, 08:17   #3845
MUSEIST
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesf View Post
Crap few days continues. Feel empty/dead inside. Could not care less if I lived or died and this doesn't bother me. Better than very low and ruminating though.

You know this is pretty much exactly how I feel at the moment. The anti depressant has noticeably stopped me getting extremely low these days but I feel very flat and apathetic about everything including life. Frustrating but I suppose it's good in a way.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 08:22   #3846
hattoncracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimous View Post
hey everyone,

i know this probably seems off topic but i only found this thread this morning, and well i've been reading it almost all day. anyway to the point of this post, how did you get help?

i'm 18, living at home and doing the leaving cert. i know i need to tell them... i just don't know how. any suggestions? i realise i'm over-thinking this, as i do everything but telling them absolutely terrifies me, they don't take/react to anything out of the "norm" well.

i'm so tired of my own self-sabotage. i want to do well for once goddamnit! sorry for the slight vent/ramble/whatever.

any advice would be very much appreciated!

once you've admitted it to yourself its much easier.. Telling them will make it easy for you to succeed.. Or if you don't feel comfortable, you could tell a teacher you trust and they will talk to your parents for you.

It's hard, im in a very similar situation to you. I've only just admitted I need help, on my way to my first counselling appt, because I know I'll just ruin college for myself if I don't, and then all the hard work I'ved done will be for nothing!
(3) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 11:05   #3847
Plumpynuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Jimmy View Post
Wow, this is the first time anyone I've seen anyone else talk about this. I complained endlessly about my jaw being uncomfortable and I did notice a definite change (sunken eyes puffy face) after being on meds for about 2 years. I'm off them now as well and definitely feel better but the changes to my face have remained for the most part...

Plumpy, how long off meds were you before you noticed things going back to normal? Was it a quick contrast?
4 weeks off there was an improvement. About 3 months off the meds I noticed a big difference and within 6 months most off I was more or less back to normal. Except for my teeth that I had grinded down from clenching.

I read that if meds are causing you issues with digestion and constipation this can affect your nutrition levels. I felt constantly dehydrated on the meds no matter how much water I drank. This happened to me on different types over the years.
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 15:15   #3848
Call Me Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumpynuter View Post
4 weeks off there was an improvement. About 3 months off the meds I noticed a big difference and within 6 months most off I was more or less back to normal. Except for my teeth that I had grinded down from clenching.

I read that if meds are causing you issues with digestion and constipation this can affect your nutrition levels. I felt constantly dehydrated on the meds no matter how much water I drank. This happened to me on different types over the years.
Interesting. I suppose I've been off them nearly six months and things haven't returned to normal aesthetically, but that could be in my head... I was constantly dehydrated as well, i'd get up in the morning and literally could not open my mouth because the top was stuck to the bottom! And no matter how much water I drank it didn't seem to make a difference.

For me, the physical problems were chronic so it just wasn't worth staying on them. Thanks for the info.

On another note, does anyone else find that if you really want to beat something like this, it requires work all day every day... like active mental work. For me to keep it up it feels like I have to consciously use as much of my brain as I would studying... if I stop for a period of time I regress
(2) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 16:08   #3849
midlandsmissus

Quote:
To be positive - I like my fingers and my thighs.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 16:14   #3850
cloud493

I wasn't feeling at all well this morning, so I took my jacket off when I got into town. Got stopped by one of them charity collectors, and they asked about the scars :/ bit awkward,

Last edited by cloud493; 05-03-2012 at 17:19.
05-03-2012, 17:04   #3851
neemish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud493 View Post
I wasn't feeling at all this morning, so I took my jacket off when I got into town. Got stopped by one of them charity collectors, and they asked about the scars :/ bit awkward,
That was more than a bit cheeky of them...in my mind, only health professionals have a right to ask and even then, only if it effects them
(3) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 19:06   #3852
Gillo

Quote:
I wasn't feeling at all well this morning, so I took my jacket off when I got into town. Got stopped by one of them charity collectors, and they asked about the scars :/ bit awkward,
I know they are meant to be forward but jesus christ on a bike thats a bit much isn't it.
05-03-2012, 19:27   #3853
Kaching

Quote:
What business is it of theirs?
05-03-2012, 19:29   #3854
hattoncracker

Quote:

They resort to shock tactics to get you to stop and talk to them.. A*****es..
05-03-2012, 19:32   #3855
cloud493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaching View Post
What business is it of theirs?
Conversation basically went

'hi there, would you like to donate
no thanks im a bit busy
ooh thats some nasty cuts you've got on your arms there. Did you get attacked by a tiger?(insert laughing)
yeah really funny ok bye now
no seriously how it happen, they look nasty
I fell over'

Cue me walking very fast away.
Thread Closed