Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-03-2012, 02:05   #1
GrandmaBasil

Vintage Societies in Dublin

Hi!
Not really sure if this is the right place to post this.. I posted it in the 'Fashion and Appearance' section too, but anyway, Burlesque and Vintage fashion are closely related sure!
I was just wondering if there are any sort of vintage societies in Dublin? I've been a big fan of vintage fashion for the past few years and would love to hear about any kind of events that involve dressing up in the old fashioned style? I follow the blogs of some women who dress in vintage on a daily basis and they always post about vintage meet ups and ladies luncheons with cocktails and it all just seems so lovely, I would be so delighted to be apart of something like that! Thanks for reading and if you have any interest in this sort of thing or know of any events please let me know!
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 09:18   #2
OldGoat
Registered goat

I don't think there is any formalized club or group like you describe. I know there are lots who think like you and who are quite happy to High Tea in full retro/vintage regalia.
You'll meet like minded people turning up at various events over and over again. The burlesque shows are good as are vintage markets. You'll see the same faces cropping up. Come to the shows, chat to people, make friends.
Some of us have become close knit outside of those arenas and have been known to swan up to any old place in full regalia. The Annual Phoenix Park Picnic tends to bring a gang of us out. It's always entertaining to turn up in pubs or pizza houses en masse in full vintage attire.
Blooms Day always provides opportunity to dress up too.
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 14:19   #3
MsHarlotDeVille

There are no 'vintage societies',as such in Dublin,but as Old Goat mentions there are many events throughout the city which cater for those with such interests. The Vintage Fair takes place in Dun Laoghaire,this April which is a big event in the vintage lifestyle calendar. If you would like to pm me I can send you information on other events and sites I am involved with which may be of interest to you (as I may be admonished for 'self promotion' by the boards moderators!)
Sugar'n'seams,
H
11-03-2012, 19:27   #4
OldGoat
Registered goat

Here is a little something that might be of interest to you OP.
http://www.facebook.com/events/269198736489544/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion