Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1] - Page 246 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Will you pay the household charge?
Yes 697 24.52%
No 1,235 43.46%
Dont know 309 10.87%
Not Applicable to me 601 21.15%
Voters: 2842. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed  

04-03-2012, 22:36   #3676
dvpower
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpower View Post
I was asking about the specific claim that the government intends to increase this tax to bring in 1.6bn by 2014.

Can you point to evidence of that specific intention either on this thread or elsewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
It's in the MOU.
Quote:
No I did not say the troika were specifying the actual tax, they are dictating what extra tax has to be raised, that is 1.6 bn in 2013.
OK. Perhaps English isn't your first language.
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 22:50   #3677
Slick50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhound2005 View Post
Anyone interested can let the Government know their ideas about the property tax. One thing which has been decided already is that the NPPR will be abolished so anyone with more than one house will not have to pay any extra over and above the property tax on each of their properties.

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovern...onPropertyTax/
"The Group is also to consider the appropriate arrangements for:
• a robust audit function; and
strong enforcement and penalty provisions for non-compliance."

They'd never consider a "lein" I'm sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpower
OK. Perhaps English isn't your first language.
You were having your own problems with it not too long ago! A short memory too?

I see you chose to ignore this too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick50
You didn't mention the ninth review.

"7. Actions for the ninth review (actions to be completed by end Q4-2012)"
specifically states an increase in property tax.

Last edited by Slick50; 04-03-2012 at 23:04.
04-03-2012, 22:58   #3678
TheZohanS
Closed Account

I've been thinking about this tax a lot lately and Spoiler: nope, still not paying it.
(4) thanks from:
04-03-2012, 23:05   #3679
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geuze View Post
"Are you going to pay the Household Charge?"

This suggests you have a choice, but you don't.

Taxes are not optional.

You can't choose to not pay VAT.

You can't choose to not pay income tax.
I can choose not to pay somebody else's though.
Not paying someone else's gambling debts.
Thanks from:
04-03-2012, 23:16   #3680
dvpower
Closed Account

Quote:
You were having your own problems with it not too long ago! A short memory too?
I'm not sure what you're referring to - maybe because of my short term memory problems.

Quote:
I see you chose to ignore this too...
Have a read up the page - I posted the details of the Q4 Review, and I've acknowledged the fact that the tax is going to rise, as specified in the Q4 Review, a couple of times in the last few pages.
My copy of the MOU has the Q4-2012 review as the Eight, not the Ninth review, so this might have thrown you.

Perhaps before you respond to a post, you might read the contents over a couple of times and we might avoid this kind of basic misunderstanding.
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 23:52   #3681
Slick50

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're referring to - maybe because of my short term memory problems.
Let me refresh your memory for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpower
The property tax is in the MOU. This was in place before the election so it isn't something that was cobbled together.
I think you are deliberately miss-understanding me. I said the coalition is something that is cobbled together, not the MOU.

Quote:
Perhaps before you respond to a post, you might read the contents over a couple of times and we might avoid this kind of basic misunderstanding.
I'll do that. And if you take your own advice, you can avoid the same basic mistake.(pot meet kettle, ring any bells))
05-03-2012, 00:03   #3682
Bullseye1
Closed Account

Interesting comments from Leo V. on The Week in Politics when asked to comment on only 10% having paid the €100 Tax. "It doesn't have to be paid by end of month...as long as its paid by end of tax year we will actually make more money on late fees".
05-03-2012, 00:11   #3683
bgrizzley
Closed Account

Just back from the pub.
There was some guy down there crying he had lost E500 on the rugby today. Wanted us to have a whip-round to make up his loss. 39.49% of us told him to fcuk off...........
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 01:02   #3684
goz83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye1 View Post
Interesting comments from Leo V. on The Week in Politics when asked to comment on only 10% having paid the €100 Tax. "It doesn't have to be paid by end of month...as long as its paid by end of tax year we will actually make more money on late fees".
That eijet is going to get himself into a lot of trouble. See how smug he was about it? I bet he will back track on that, just like he back tracked on "not a single RED cent". Wonderful how we can record these things and they still don't admit their mistakes.
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 10:35   #3685
zerks

Got my leaflet today.....Yipee! It's now in the bin.The postman didn't deliver it,they are paying a leaflet distribution company to have them delivered,will some of the €100 tax cover that?

Anyhow,they can send me a million leaflets,I'm still not paying.
05-03-2012, 11:21   #3686
D_murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerks View Post
Got my leaflet today.....Yipee! It's now in the bin.The postman didn't deliver it,they are paying a leaflet distribution company to have them delivered,will some of the €100 tax cover that?

Anyhow,they can send me a million leaflets,I'm still not paying.
I sent mine back to Phil Hogan when it came. Get it out of the bin (if its not too late) and do the same.

The address is Minister Phil Hogan, Grovine, Co. Kilkenny . Just make sure to deface it enough so that it cant be used again .
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 11:29   #3687
Teyla Emmagan

I've paid. Before they start applying all the late fees and you end up having to pay those as well as the frickin 100 euro.
05-03-2012, 11:51   #3688
dvpower
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_murph View Post
I sent mine back to Phil Hogan when it came. Get it out of the bin (if its not too late) and do the same.

The address is Minister Phil Hogan, Grovine, Co. Kilkenny . Just make sure to deface it enough so that it cant be used again .
So you're advocating sending defaced documents to Phil Hogan's private home address?

Why is that you want to target his home address rather than his Department address or constituency office? Intimidation?
05-03-2012, 11:55   #3689
Deus Ex Machina
Banned

So little money, so many posts. This thread depresses me. There are so many joyless people in this country. Was it always this way?
05-03-2012, 12:02   #3690
zerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyla Emmagan View Post
I've paid. Before they start applying all the late fees and you end up having to pay those as well as the frickin 100 euro.
You must scare easily,you're the type of person this shower in government love.Wait 'til next year when they want 3 or 4 times the amount you just payed.
Thread Closed