Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-02-2012, 14:41   #31
Jimmy Iovine

I'd definitely go if I was still in college in Maynooth. The journey from Kilkenny is a bit much for this. Hopefully he'll pop down here on the Sunday night .
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 17:16   #32
PrettyBoy

Don't believe it...finished up in college today and dropped into Ticketmaster on the way home, got 2 tickets for Just Blaze. Just after getting home now, checked my email and see that I've won the competition for 2 tickets that Boom Bap told me to enter the other day!

Typical!
(2) thanks from:
28-02-2012, 17:38   #33
Hugh Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Bap View Post
DJ Angelo is in the Grafton Lounge tonight, free in.

He's real good, uses all differnt types of controllers in his set.
ha ha panicked for a split second, wtf d'angelo played a free gig in Dublin and I didn't know about it.
Would have been sick.

btw would definitely be interested in seeing just blaze.
Thanks from:
28-02-2012, 19:16   #34
surball

Quote:
Originally Posted by surball View Post
Quote:
Tanya Morgan should be playing Dublin and Galway soon as well
I'm seeing 2nd march for the Dublin date. Anyone have any idea where though?
This friday twisted pepper only a fiver in
01-03-2012, 12:05   #35
Jimmy Iovine

Roots Manuva, Azealia Banks and (best of all) The Roots have been confirmed for Electric Picnic.

If I get a bit of a job over the summer then I'll seriously consider going to this. I'd love to see The Roots live.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 18:38   #36
P4DDY2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Iovine View Post
Roots Manuva, Azealia Banks and (best of all) The Roots have been confirmed for Electric Picnic.

If I get a bit of a job over the summer then I'll seriously consider going to this. I'd love to see The Roots live.
I'm not even a big roots fan but that would be well worth goin to, my da has seen wu tang clan and snoop dogg at oxegen and the fúcker doesn't even like rap, he's seen two legendary acts that I'll probably never get to see!
01-03-2012, 19:04   #37
Jimmy Iovine

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4DDY2K11 View Post
I'm not even a big roots fan but that would be well worth goin to, my da has seen wu tang clan and snoop dogg at oxegen and the fúcker doesn't even like rap, he's seen two legendary acts that I'll probably never get to see!
Fair play to him. My dad would hardly know who Snoop is, never mind the Wu.

Last year DJ Shadow was on the bill. I'd love to have seen him as well. Tickets are €230. I'd have to wait to see who else is playing before committing. The Cure will be very good, but the likes of Ed Sheeran turns me off.

Wish The Roots came over for a gig on their own.
Thanks from:
01-03-2012, 19:34   #38
MoyVilla9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Iovine View Post
Wish The Roots came over for a gig on their own.
They might do one that weekend since they are around, you would never know.
01-03-2012, 20:43   #39
Jimmy Iovine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoyVilla9 View Post
They might do one that weekend since they are around, you would never know.
It'd hardly be that weekend I'd say. They'll probably be one of the top acts on the Saturday or Sunday.

If anything it'd be a few days before or a few after. Hopefully before. If after then I might be gone to Wales to start a course over there. I'd probably start crying if it meant I had to miss them.
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 10:00   #40
Boom_Bap

Just a reminder, Tanya Morgan in the Twisted Pepper tonight, only a fiver in. Bodega Brothers are on support.

Doors @ 8.
03-03-2012, 12:05   #41
breakfasttime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehy83 View Post
Thinking of going to Yelawolf on 5th May. Anyone hear who is playing support?

Edit: saw that tix are only 19 euro but it is over 14's and no alcohol. Never in the Academy, do they not sell drink or is this a kids show?
Yeah the academy usually has over 18 's gigs and have the bars open - I'm not sure if they're expecting a younger crowd for this one? I got my ticket, I don't mind under 18s at all i just hop it doesn't feel like an underage disco ha!
03-03-2012, 12:43   #42
Boom_Bap

Quote:
Just a reminder, Tanya Morgan in the Twisted Pepper tonight, only a fiver in. Bodega Brothers are on support.

Doors @ 8.
That gig was great, wasnt expecting to be 'wowed' like that. Tanya Morgan and Bodega Brothers put on a great show. BB's had a much more tighter performance...put perhaps a bit too amped for the crowd. TM seemed a bit thrown together, one of them towards the end just realised they had a set list! And DJ Flip made them hold up the show so they could find a beat for a song he wanted them to perform. He even got up on stage to film it.

But, the sad thing is, poor crowd attentance, as Flip said to me, if this was 2008, the place would be rammed. Very true.
04-03-2012, 13:19   #43
MoyVilla9

How was the Just Blaze gig?
04-03-2012, 18:46   #44
Jimmy Iovine

Snoop will be at one of those gigs in the Phoenix Park on July 7th. Swedish House Mafia and Tinie Tempah are playing as well.
04-03-2012, 21:24   #45
surball

Quote:
[

That gig was great, wasnt expecting to be 'wowed' like that. Tanya Morgan and Bodega Brothers put on a great show. BB's had a much more tighter performance...put perhaps a bit too amped for the crowd. TM seemed a bit thrown together, one of them towards the end just realised they had a set list! And DJ Flip made them hold up the show so they could find a beat for a song he wanted them to perform. He even got up on stage to film it.

But, the sad thing is, poor crowd attentance, as Flip said to me, if this was 2008, the place would be rammed. Very true.
Enjoyed the gig. BB were better on the night. Tanya Morgan although enjoyable didn't do it for me. Lots of stuff from their newer ep which I haven't listened to much. They probably could have done with playing more of the album tracks.

Looking forward to action bronson & shabazz palaces in the twisted pepper. Great sound.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion