If we win today - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: If we win today would your overall opinion of Kidney change?
Yes 12 21.43%
No 44 78.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

04-03-2012, 13:05   #16
totallegend
Closed Account

No.

If we win today and maintain the level of performance over the next few games, yes.
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 13:09   #17
Higher
Banned

No to be honest. If we win today it only confirms to me that this team has regressed to only winning the odd miracle game but losing consistently.

I really don't know how anyone could defend Kidney when looking at his win/loss ratio of the last 2 years. Its disgraceful.

But, but Kidney won a grand slam........Clive Woodward won a world cup but when he regressed as a coach he was given the boot. Kidney is a poor coach, time to go. The sad truth is that if he wasn't so beloved down in Munster he'd be on his way out. He has strong support from the Munster contingent both inside and outside the IRFU. However I have yet to find one supporter from Leinster/Ulster/Connacht who thinks he should stay.
Thanks from:
04-03-2012, 13:23   #18
cork exile in london

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higher View Post
No to be honest. If we win today it only confirms to me that this team has regressed to only winning the odd miracle game but losing consistently.

I really don't know how anyone could defend Kidney when looking at his win/loss ratio of the last 2 years. Its disgraceful.

But, but Kidney won a grand slam........Clive Woodward won a world cup but when he regressed as a coach he was given the boot. Kidney is a poor coach, time to go. The sad truth is that if he wasn't so beloved down in Munster he'd be on his way out. He has strong support from the Munster contingent both inside and outside the IRFU. However I have yet to find one supporter from Leinster/Ulster/Connacht who thinks he should stay.
Probably the worst wum i seen on here and that takes some doing. munster fans all want kidney as irish coach? my hole they do.
04-03-2012, 13:36   #19
Higher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork exile in london View Post
Probably the worst wum i seen on here and that takes some doing. munster fans all want kidney as irish coach? my hole they do.
Well the only people I see defending him on internet forums and in the media all conveniently have a soft spot for Munster.
04-03-2012, 14:20   #20
Cpt_Blackbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higher View Post
Well the only people I see defending him on internet forums and in the media all conveniently have a soft spot for Munster.
And all the supporters who are gung ho to see him cast aside conveniently have a soft spot for Leinster...

Seriously though, are you capable of posting something that isn't clearly based on a LvM rivalry? You're making me feel/look like an objective and balanced poster ffs.
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 14:31   #21
sting60

I would love to know who actually suggested O Sullivan and Kidney.I have a bad feeling about today with Murray,Sexton,Earls and darcy a hugh concern.Hope DOC does not give away penalties.
04-03-2012, 14:34   #22
GerM
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Blackbeard View Post
And all the supporters who are gung ho to see him cast aside conveniently have a soft spot for Leinster...
If Ulster and Connacht fans have a soft spot for Leinster, that's their choice!
Thanks from:
04-03-2012, 14:35   #23
rrpc

Quote:
I think you'll find (if you go back that far) that most people were in favour of Kidney taking over the job regardless of whether they were Munster, Leinster, Connacht or Ulster supporters; myself included.

He started very well with the 09 grand slam but since then and especially in the 6N there have been very few highlights. EOS' head was being called for in spite of better overall win percentages than Kidney has acheived.

When three of our four provinces are into the knockout stages of the HEC, the contrast to the performance of the national team couldn't be more stark. It's also an accumulation of small but worrying trends such as not replacing the backs coach, ignoring form players (and I include form Munster and Ulster players in this) and a gameplan that appears to be going against the grain of the selected players.
Thanks from:
04-03-2012, 14:47   #24
Higher
Banned

Quote:

Seriously though, are you capable of posting something that isn't clearly based on a LvM rivalry? You're making me feel/look like an objective and balanced poster ffs.
Are you serious? Look at Ulster forums opinion of Kidney or better yet ask some Connacht supporters on here if they think Kidney should go.

If you honestly think that ALL the supporters who want Kidney to go are from Leinster then it is you who is posting based on LvM rivalry not me.
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 19:36   #25
irishbucsfan

NOW I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT ANYTHING
04-03-2012, 19:50   #26
tolosenc

Quote:
Or Ulster, or Connacht, or Munster...
04-03-2012, 21:42   #27
CatFromHue

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
NOW I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT ANYTHING
I'd be the same as I was before the game to be honest. At the end of the 6 Nations I think is the best time to look back at how the team and management have done.
04-03-2012, 23:42   #28
TiltedBrain

I CANT BELIEVE THERE WAS NO DRAW OPTION IN THE POLL
05-03-2012, 07:36   #29
Leinster7

France were poor in the first half. Ireland played well up until half time. They choked it in the 2nd half. Kidney is still not good enough. Needs to be a change post 6N if Ireland are to have any chance of winning the next RWC.
05-03-2012, 08:28   #30
rrpc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinster7 View Post
France were poor in the first half. Ireland played well up until half time. They choked it in the 2nd half. Kidney is still not good enough. Needs to be a change post 6N if Ireland are to have any chance of winning the next RWC.
France were surprised in the first half by our use of the rush defense. Nothing in our previous outings would have suggested we'd be using it and they got caught flat footed. They responded in the second half once PSA had a chance to react to it and of course we had no plan B to change things up once the element of surprise was lost.

The weather and Pearson didn't help either, but when you've no attacking game plan, you can't rely on opposition mistakes for a full match.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion