Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-03-2012, 13:06   #16
looksee

Stay with it, its not just your aid, you are also training your brain. It will come right in the end.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-02-2014, 00:38   #17
uisce33

Very conflicting opinions here,I'm one step away from getting them.ideally I need two but I can only afford one as they were priced the other side of €1700 each for the cheaper ones.i did try on a set (more pricey ones)the day I had my hearing test done and was amazed and emotional to hear just how much I was missing and I'm now wondering was that because of the quite room I was in,I can honestly say I heard a Tap running,a sheet of paper being flexed and even the noise of the pen the tester was writing with,to me this is no less than what I'd expect for this high cost,now my fear is will me being able to only afford one be brutal.
06-02-2014, 22:57   #18
the_syco

Quote:
Originally Posted by uisce33 View Post
ideally I need two but I can only afford one as they were priced the other side of €1700 each for the cheaper ones.
Mind saying what shop you're buying it from?

Also, ensure you're getting the grant, and know how to claim your tax back as well.
06-02-2014, 23:02   #19
uisce33

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_syco View Post
Mind saying what shop you're buying it from?

Also, ensure you're getting the grant, and know how to claim your tax back as well.
I am getting the grant it's €500 per aid and it's hidden hearing that gave me that price the original aids I tested were €2100 each
07-02-2014, 00:17   #20
the_syco

Quote:
Originally Posted by uisce33 View Post
I am getting the grant it's €500 per aid and it's hidden hearing that gave me that price the original aids I tested were €2100 each
Hidden Hearing aren't meant to be too bad. Are you getting ITE, RITE, or BTE? Have an ITE myself. T'was expensive as I needed an aid that had more than the standard four channels, due to a dip in the chart, but there was a sale on at the time in Bonovox (new store had opened somewhere, I think).

If you listen to music much, ensure you get a program that doesn't automatically adjust the music to the same level; was annoying until I found out it was the issue, and was able to get Bonovox to add the program. Hidden Hearing should be able to do the same.

Also, ensure you can get the "T" switch. They are invaluable in busy places such as train-stations, etc, and also some cinemas have a loop system in place to allow you to hear the sound better.

Finally, when you say "cheapest" do you mean that's the cheapest Hidden Hearing does, or the cheapest aid that will correct your hearing? Bonovox do sell cheaper aids, but they may not be available to you if your hearing is very bad, and/or you need more channels in the hearing aid due to you being unable to hear certain frequencies.

Best of luck

Last edited by the_syco; 07-02-2014 at 00:22.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2014, 10:11   #21
joanmul

If you haven't committed to Hidden Hearing maybe you should try Specsavers. A friend of mine and my sister both got theirs, 2 each, for a significantly less amount than HH were charging and are both delighted with them.
07-02-2014, 11:44   #22
the_syco

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanmul View Post
If you haven't committed to Hidden Hearing maybe you should try Specsavers. A friend of mine and my sister both got theirs, 2 each, for a significantly less amount than HH were charging and are both delighted with them.
Haven't heard anything good about SpecSavers hearing aids, tbh.
07-02-2014, 13:51   #23
uisce33

I'm not committed to hh yet I'm looking into all options simply because for me the price is so very high that said I don't think I will go the speck savers route simply because I'd rather go with a company who deal entirely with hearing like bonavox or deafhear.i have had hearing loss since early teenage years and I have been to four different hearing "experts" including the hospital and the worrying thing is all four groups gave me a different result/diagnosis. Now how worrying is that so much for a second opinion.confused don't even come close.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion