Originally Posted by Smoggy
That explains the static charges, but doesn't explain the main point of the post which is :
"when she enters a room my sons remote control music box switches on and just now she switched the light switch on and the tv switched on"
How can a static charge switch on a TV - which is an Infrared signal ?
And now, for the science bit.
The static charge a person can build up is actually quite huge. If you're susceptible to these charges, it can be real pain. You'll keep getting shocks - say kissing your partners lips - a spark might jump from their lips to yours.it sounds cute, and they might not feel a thing, but it can be really uncomfortable. like OUCH!!!!
You've played around with magnets - you've seen the invisible force between the magnets - or at least you've felt it.
Electricity and magnetism, are more or less the same thing. If someone is carrying a big static electrical charge, they will have a big electrical field around them, you can't see. When they move near electrical devices, they can make them go haywire.
If someone, carrying a large static charge, walks by a television or remote control, that in itself could be enough to throw a switch and turn a television on.
It's not voodoo, or black magic. Take a comb....rub it in your hair ....and then have little tiny pieces of paper - wave the comb over them and see them dance as if by magic. That's electricity. Which is as good as magic - and if you don't think so, there is obviously something wrong with you.