Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-02-2012, 21:36   #1
Jimlad
Closed Account

Summer 2012

Hello,

With the long evening and sunny days (I hope) approaching, we all hope to get out on the water. As im new to the sport, puchasing my new kayak(ouassou) last november. I was lucky to get out on a lake several times before the weather got bad later on in the month. I hope to get out during the summer and the few months ahead.

As I said i'm new to this sport and im wondering, is there any events like kayak from A to B or such events that me and my kayak as suitable for during the summer or coming months either on the sea or rivers..

Thanks..
Advertisement
09-02-2012, 10:18   #2
MugMugs
sguMguM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
Hello,

With the long evening and sunny days (I hope) approaching, we all hope to get out on the water. As im new to the sport, puchasing my new kayak(ouassou) last november. I was lucky to get out on a lake several times before the weather got bad later on in the month. I hope to get out during the summer and the few months ahead.

As I said i'm new to this sport and im wondering, is there any events like kayak from A to B or such events that me and my kayak as suitable for during the summer or coming months either on the sea or rivers..

Thanks..
Where are you based ?
28-02-2012, 16:51   #3
Jimlad
Closed Account

The very south east bottom corner of ireland..

There is surely maybe charity events involved with kayaking? either sea or river..or even just some sort of trip

thanks
05-03-2012, 20:17   #4
MugMugs
sguMguM

Sorry for the delay.

i'd look to the paddling community. irishfreestyle, irishwhitewater etc.... Most events are listed there.
06-03-2012, 10:58   #5
ec18

Send a message via MSN to ec18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
The very south east bottom corner of ireland..

There is surely maybe charity events involved with kayaking? either sea or river..or even just some sort of trip

thanks
There's a club down that way barrow valley canoe club that are based around leighlinbridge. They're a good club that go out nearly every sunday. Should look them up on facebook.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion