Lets all be anxious/depressed together. - Page 242 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

28-02-2012, 00:15   #3616
nesf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud493 View Post
Well I live on my own, so I very rarely cook, don't keep much in the fridge.
Not a good idea, money wise or health wise.
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 00:19   #3617
Gremlinertia

Send a message via Yahoo to Gremlinertia
Long day. As regards food, well i'd nearly eat straight out of the tub of butter now. whatever is worst for me is what i feel i deserve these days - if ye hadn't gathered i'm still in that awful down spiral of self hatred, i just can't bear myself. I went over to two friends of mine earlier and went the happy buzz but mostly it doesn't feel like me anymore. what really pisses me off is there's so many worse off and i feel like i'm whining. Damn it.
28-02-2012, 00:25   #3618
jammstarr
Closed Account

I'm sure a lot of us here can relate to the self hatred. Why do you hate yourself?
28-02-2012, 00:43   #3619
midlandsmissus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesf View Post
Not a good idea, money wise or health wise.
Living on your own is it? So do I.
28-02-2012, 00:44   #3620
midlandsmissus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlinertia View Post
Long day. As regards food, well i'd nearly eat straight out of the tub of butter now. whatever is worst for me is what i feel i deserve these days - if ye hadn't gathered i'm still in that awful down spiral of self hatred, i just can't bear myself. I went over to two friends of mine earlier and went the happy buzz but mostly it doesn't feel like me anymore. what really pisses me off is there's so many worse off and i feel like i'm whining. Damn it.
I like you
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 00:45   #3621
starviewadams

Have been feeling very,very low over the past few weeks,have been unable to crawl out of bed til mid afternoon on most days,have no appetite,no energy,and have been crying for no reason.I have been having more and more detailed thoughts of suicide too.I also self harmed for the first time since November last night,just to try and feel some relief which I now feel terrible about.Just feel lost,lonely and hopeless and I can't see things getting any better.
28-02-2012, 00:58   #3622
Gremlinertia

Send a message via Yahoo to Gremlinertia
I can't stand me. Mostly because i've made people around me suffer, and also because i'm from an 'old school' background where mental illness is total bs that doesn't exist and i'm just inventing things to make my life seem hard. Which makes me feel guilty for taking up time in doctor's office and hospital and so shouldn't i just go disappear and stop making work for everyone. Sorry, rant over.
28-02-2012, 01:01   #3623
jammstarr
Closed Account

Quote:
I can't stand me. Mostly because i've made people around me suffer, and also because i'm from an 'old school' background where mental illness is total bs that doesn't exist and i'm just inventing things to make my life seem hard. Which makes me feel guilty for taking up time in doctor's office and hospital and so shouldn't i just go disappear and stop making work for everyone. Sorry, rant over.
I can't stand myself either for many physical and emotional issues. I'd say it's a common enough issue in here.

Don't mind other people. Your problems are as important as anyone else's so no need to feel guilty.
28-02-2012, 01:10   #3624
nesf

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlandsmissus View Post
Living on your own is it? So do I.
Rarely cooking for yourself. With a freezer you can be extremely economical and live with tasty food even when cooking for one. As the only veggie in this house this is effectively what I do.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 01:11   #3625
nesf

Quote:
Ditto.
Thanks from:
28-02-2012, 01:13   #3626
midlandsmissus

Quote:
Originally Posted by starviewadams View Post
Have been feeling very,very low over the past few weeks,have been unable to crawl out of bed til mid afternoon on most days,have no appetite,no energy,and have been crying for no reason.I have been having more and more detailed thoughts of suicide too.I also self harmed for the first time since November last night,just to try and feel some relief which I now feel terrible about.Just feel lost,lonely and hopeless and I can't see things getting any better.
Are you living on your own Starviewadams, have you much family?
28-02-2012, 01:15   #3627
midlandsmissus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesf View Post
Rarely cooking for yourself. With a freezer you can be extremely economical and live with tasty food even when cooking for one. As the only veggie in this house this is effectively what I do.
I'm a veggie too! Yeah I think that's the way to go - cook a massive portion and freeze, to save me cooking. Really going to try to be healthier.
28-02-2012, 01:22   #3628
midlandsmissus

Quote:
I surprise, surprise also hate myself.

It's like an illness has invaded all of us. This reminds me of a book I read about a girl with anorexia, where she thought she was special and unique and the only one who thought like that and then she read other girl's accounts of anorexia and realised they'd all been invaded by an illness.

Not exactly the same, but with depression I think each one of us thinks we are the most awful person, when everyone is really feeling the same way. It is the disease, not you.

I remember some-one saying to me: if you could see what I see when I look at you: "you're beautiful, compassionate, kind, likable", and all that rolled off me, and I immediately thought, "No I'm horrible and worthless". It's an awful way to be. Like I see all the good in you but I knew if I told you you wouldn't believe me, we somehow have to figure it out for ourselves. Keep fighting everyone.
28-02-2012, 01:37   #3629
jammstarr
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by starviewadams View Post
Has anything triggered this do you know?
28-02-2012, 01:44   #3630
Captain Graphite
Closed Account

I always comfort eat when feeling down. Or even just when I'm bored. Never made myself throw up though. Usually just lie down afterwards feeling sick and try to sleep off the groggy feeling.
And as with the SH thing, the "why the hell are you not bulimic?" thoughts start manifesting in my mind. Feeling guilty for not having a particular illness; it's really fúcked up how my mind works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Text Here View Post
God, I feel the exact same way. I feel guilty because I don't SH. It's weird because I've only started feeling this way the past few months. and it's not one of those things you can really say to someone, because they'd be a mixture of o_O and I do Spoiler: hit/starve myself sometimes when I'm really down/angry though, but I don't think of it as being the same. Psych does, but I dunno.... (I put that bit in spoilers in case it's triggering).
Ok, well at least I'm not the only one. I thought I was some kind of freak. I know it sounds bizarre for me to say that I find it comforting knowing someone else is going through the same thing ('cause I wouldn't want anyone to go through these kind of issues) but I'm a little glad I'm not alone in feeling that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammstarr View Post
I'm sure a lot of us here can relate to the self hatred. Why do you hate yourself?
For me, it can all be boiled down to one simple sentence: "I'm not good enough".

I'm not good-looking and feel ugly most of the time.

I'm overweight and have never bothered trying to do anything about it, no matter how many times I tell myself I'm gonna exercise and start eating better.

I have no talent whatsoever; can't sing, dance, act, paint, play any sport. I was told I had a good way with words but any time I try creative writing I give up after a few minutes 'cause I tell myself that what I wrote was rubbish.

I'm not smart enough, at least not anymore; I flew through primary and secondary school but fúcked up college a bit.

I'm obsessive to a degree where things I did when I was about 6 years old come back to haunt me. I can never let go of the past and keep getting depressed over things that happened ages age, even though I know I can't go back and change them. I'm like a broken record, complaining all the time. I have bucketloads of regret about even the silliest, most trivial things.

I'm really open and honest with strangers but when I get to know someone I close up and can't be honest with them. I act like a different person around my family than I do when I'm with my friends. So I'm not even good enough at being me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starviewadams

Is there a friend/relative you can call to talk to? Or your GP? Or The Samaritans or some other helpline?

Last edited by Captain Graphite; 28-02-2012 at 01:48.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed