Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-02-2012, 11:37   #136
Northclare
Closed Account

Nature in us grows dark when we have no road.

Advertisement
27-02-2012, 11:58   #137
MagicMarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northclare View Post

Your road is like all roads, built by people.
Thanks from:
27-02-2012, 11:59   #138
Dades
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northclare View Post

The warning I gave your buddy applies to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dades View Post
I assume your next post will be an actual reply to the points made here, because if it's not I'm going to have to assume you are just wasting people's time here and take action.
27-02-2012, 12:01   #139
Oranage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mob View Post
This is not an answer to the question. This is an admission that your explanation has a giant gaping hole in it that you cannot correct.

So since you can't explain this failing, why do you pick God as an explanation?
Why do you think that it is a valid opinion when you have this giant gap in it?
I cant remember you're question but if its why do I believe in God?

I feel very blessed.

Like how many people are poor, how many people dont have access to clean water, how many people are in bad health?

I'm none of those things, I live a good life, it could be better but it could be a hell of a lot worse, and for this reason I'm thankful.

Why doesnt God make everybody rich and happy so?

Again I dont know, perhaps God left the running of the world in the hands of man and this is the result.

Why do natural disasters happen?

NOt all disasters are bad, also humans arent the only species on earth. When floods happen, some species prosper while others dont, it's the circle of life, and we as humans have to live as one in perfect harmony with nature.

Also take Haiti, I remember seeing an interview and a woman said that the earthquake was like a blessing, many died but the attention and money poured into it after majorly improved the standard of living there.
27-02-2012, 12:11   #140
King Mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
I cant remember you're question but if its why do I believe in God?

I feel very blessed.

Like how many people are poor, how many people dont have access to clean water, how many people are in bad health?

I'm none of those things, I live a good life, it could be better but it could be a hell of a lot worse, and for this reason I'm thankful.
So basically, you just decided to believe that god gave you all this stuff because you are special, then not question anything?

Quote:
Why doesnt God make everybody rich and happy so?

Again I dont know, perhaps God left the running of the world in the hands of man and this is the result.
So then why did he pick you to be nice do? Just good luck? That he loves you more than others?

Quote:
Why do natural disasters happen?

NOt all disasters are bad, also humans arent the only species on earth. When floods happen, some species prosper while others dont, it's the circle of life, and we as humans have to live as one in perfect harmony with nature.
Cept we can't "live in harmony" with earthquakes or volcanoes or viruses regardless of how nice and fluffy that sounds.
There's no sane reason why God would put these in the world if he was all loving.

Quote:
Also take Haiti, I remember seeing an interview and a woman said that the earthquake was like a blessing, many died but the attention and money poured into it after majorly improved the standard of living there.
Lol.
So leaving aside how horrifyingly disgusting that is, can you please then explain why god couldn't have done all this supposed good without killing people?
Why couldn't he has say taken over the minds of some very rich people and used them to improve the standard of living there?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 12:19   #141
Oranage2

Quote:
So basically, you just decided to believe that god gave you all this stuff because you are special, then not question anything?

So then why did he pick you to be nice do? Just good luck? That he loves you more than others?

Cept we can't "live in harmony" with earthquakes or volcanoes or viruses regardless of how nice and fluffy that sounds.
There's no sane reason why God would put these in the world if he was all loving.

Lol.
So leaving aside how horrifyingly disgusting that is, can you please then explain why god couldn't have done all this supposed good without killing people?
Why couldn't he has say taken over the minds of some very rich people and used them to improve the standard of living there?
Quote:
Genesis 1, 26 -Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.
So God made everything then let man/woman rule the earth. And we made a balls of it.
27-02-2012, 12:20   #142
Dades
Administrator

Quote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Quote:
Two years after the quake, more than half a million Haitians, out of an original 1.5 million made homeless, are living in overcrowded and squalid make-shift tent cities.
Methinks God's "urban renewal" plan is somewhat lacking.
27-02-2012, 12:25   #143
King Mob

Quote:
So God made everything then let man/woman rule the earth. And we made a balls of it.
But we can't possibly control earthquakes or volcanoes or the horrible, crippling diseases and genetic abnormalities that you think God put into the world.

How exactly do you think we caused them?
27-02-2012, 12:35   #144
Oranage2

Quote:
But we can't possibly control earthquakes or volcanoes or the horrible, crippling diseases and genetic abnormalities that you think God put into the world.

And where exactly did I say we control earthquakes and volcanoes, you're lack of reading what I actually write has landed on my ban list.

Good day!
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 12:37   #145
King Mob

Quote:
And where exactly did I say we control earthquakes and volcanoes, you're lack of reading what I actually write has landed on my ban list.

Good day!
Lol. I love the irony.
(3) thanks from:
27-02-2012, 12:46   #146
Oranage2

Quote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Methinks God's "urban renewal" plan is somewhat lacking.

Haiti was one of the poorest countries in the world before the quake, it's still one of the poorest counties after, the poorest of the poor countries dont magically become proper societies after 2 years, after a few years, the fact that people look like they have some quality of life shows how far its come, a little perspective is needed when you're talking about a country in the bottom 10 poorest countries before the quake.
27-02-2012, 12:51   #147
King Mob

Quote:
Haiti was one of the poorest countries in the world before the quake, it's still one of the poorest counties after, the poorest of the poor countries dont magically become proper societies after 2 years, after a few years, the fact that people look like they have some quality of life shows how far its come, a little perspective is needed when you're talking about a country in the bottom 10 poorest countries before the quake.
Lol, yet more irony.
If only there was someone or somebeing who could actually perform magic...
(3) thanks from:
27-02-2012, 14:08   #148
kylith

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Good day!
Saying that God lets us rule everything implies that we somehow have control over these things.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Two years after the quake, more than half a million Haitians, out of an original 1.5 million made homeless, are living in overcrowded and squalid make-shift tent cities.
Quote:
You're just contradicting yourself now. Either the standard of living in Haiti has majorly improved OR hundreds of thousands of people are living in squalor. Which is it?
27-02-2012, 14:31   #149
Dades
Administrator

Quote:
What are you talking about?

There is today a half-million MORE people homeless AFTER the earthquake than there was BEFORE the earthquake.
The place was bad to begin with and is now worse.

Can we just say "God moves in mysterious ways" and be done with it? Because we all know that's where we're headed.
27-02-2012, 18:55   #150
Oranage2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylith View Post
Saying that God lets us rule everything implies that we somehow have control over these things.
So if I say Julius Caesar ruled the Roman Empire that somehow implies he had control of volcanoes and earthquakes in the Roman empire?

Quote:
You're just contradicting yourself now. Either the standard of living in Haiti has majorly improved OR hundreds of thousands of people are living in squalor. Which is it?
Nope, its not an either-or question, they lived in squalor before the quake and now they still live in squalor but the standard of living has improved for them. Some would argue the emergency shelters are actually better than what they had before.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion