Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-02-2012, 14:54   #136
Kimia

Apparently Chris Brown grabbed some girl's phone outside a club in Miami and drove off with it because she took some photos of him. He apparently said something like 'b*tch you not gonna put this up on no website'.

I have to say, whatever about everything that has happened with Rhianna etc which clearly was horrific, I just get a really really bad vibe from this guy. It all seems to add up to a young arrogant douche who doesn't have any respect for anyone else, not just women.
Advertisement
25-02-2012, 23:20   #137
midlandsmissus

I'm really dissapointed that Rihanna has done her new song with him, Birthday cake . Really sending out the wrong message Rihanna.
26-02-2012, 01:07   #138
Da Shins Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimia View Post
Apparently Chris Brown grabbed some girl's phone outside a club in Miami and drove off with it because she took some photos of him. He apparently said something like 'b*tch you not gonna put this up on no website'.

I have to say, whatever about everything that has happened with Rhianna etc which clearly was horrific, I just get a really really bad vibe from this guy. It all seems to add up to a young arrogant douche who doesn't have any respect for anyone else, not just women.
He clearly has rage issues.

With regards to Rihanna, she did a song with him recently and there are rumours they've been meeting up secretly and such. If it turns out that they hook up again, that'll be pretty bad form on her part.
26-02-2012, 01:19   #139
Eviledna

I thought this opinion piece on The birthday cake was really well written, it kinds of sums up my thoughts too!

This is just going to harm Rihanna's career, IMO. I just couldn't understand her wanting to make that guy more money as well as making some herself from the whole debacle. I've lost a lot of respect for her over this.
26-02-2012, 03:25   #140
careymary
Closed Account

I think its really unfair of people to expect Rihanna to be a role model for others, yes she is famous and has potential to reach a huge audience but she is also still a young adult who was subjected to extreme violence and who knows what else went on in their relationship
Non famous people who are subjected to similar things often leave and return to DV relationships and can take a long time coming to terms and understanding the dynamics of what happened to them. I dont know what type of help Rihanna received, I can only hope she got some
Lets try remember she is not the one who did anything wrong, many victims of crimes dont go on to become spokespeople for the cause, she shouldnt be forced to just because she is famous.
We have seen the replies and debates on this thread about the situation, I am sure Rihanna has heard plenty too, I am sure if I were in her situation at her age I would be tempted to act like I am ok and cool with it, emotionally it may seem the easier option in the short term, who knows whats really going on inside for her
Advertisement
26-02-2012, 04:16   #141
CaliforniaDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooli View Post
Yet a lot of people on this thread jumped in to vehemently defend Chris Brown without knowing any of the facts (i.e. how bad the beating was, what his 'apology' consisted of, what his sentence consisted of, how much or little he has demonstrated remorse since the attack, what exactly the Grammies people said about inviting him back), and when they learned the facts they subsequently modified their position to some extent. So what prompted people to automatically defend him and label my response as extreme without being absolutely sure what happened? I'm really curious where that response comes from...
Just on this point, as I feel I may be one of the people in mind when you posted it.

I didn't vehemently defend Chris Brown. I did at the time know the 'facts' so when I posted first I was posting on memory. Having watched some videos I've changed my viewpoint on his apology.

However, based on the attack and sentencing, I still believe he should be allowed perform. If he was to act this way again I wouldn't be supportive of him at all but you cannot stop someone from working because of one incident.

It was a horrific attack, I'm not going to gloss over that, but he's young and deserves the chance to work. I wouldn't stop him from getting a job in an office, or MacDonalds, or a car dealership etc, so don't see why he should get a job singing.

I still think you may be missing the point people have about not supporting his attack, simply supporting his right to move on from it and work uninterrupted.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion