Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

what a ****. But going back in topic I dont have any space tekken copies lying around. But what have ya got on the way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up a bargain!
    Bangio Spirits for the DS for 3.99 in Gamestop.
    The label said 7.99 and I was happy with that then, at the till, it turned out to be a bit less!
    Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    JBangio Spirits for the DS for 3.99 in Gamestop.

Was that in the Pav?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

what a ****. But going back in topic I dont have any space tekken copies lying around. But what have ya got on the way?

tekken 4
    It means counting a dubious CDr of 3 and a Digital Download of 5
    I have 1 through 6 , plus Tekken Tag Tournament and TTT HD.
    (not counting death by degrees here either as its a bit rubbish)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Was that in the Pav?

No, it.was in Donaghmede, and the only one they had. Just call any branch, they can check stock nationwide.

• Advertisement

Had a look, turned out they mislabeled Bangaio as Big Bang Mini, which suggests that someone traded it in, it wasn't on the system, so the minion picked something with the word "Bang' in it and gave him a few cents tradein value for it.
    That's my theory anyway, likely the guy or gal traded in a whole bunch of stuff.

The upshot of this is its likely that Gamestop don't have it on the system and so wont be able to tell you if they have another Bangaio in another store, I got lucky I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

The futuristic-looking-past... coming to a desk near me.
    pet2001.jpg
    Don't have any pics of my own yet but when I get around to my routine London trip I shall take many a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Dale all i will say is..........

Im going to kill you and take that:cool:

Looks like its been robbed off of the set of The IT Crowd!
    "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

Getting my XBOX 'Jack Rabbit Slims Twist Contest' consoles glitched and fiddled with this weekend. No longer shall NTSC-J-only XBOX 360 games be a stranger to my homestead!

Few other bits n bobs on their way over the next week or so.

Also, ordered myself a cheeky copy of this last night:

mYNfO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

My first retro console purchase! A Dreamcast!
    (via adverts.ie too).

IMAG0022.jpg

Yes its a blue spiral so yes its PAL and isn't a slightly more exotic import.

I'm going to need to be doing some maintenance and some upgrades on this - the system clock battery needs replacing, I don't own a VMU to save anything on, have a single controller and currently using an RF cable to connect to a TV. For all the scorn this lowliest of cables gets it does its job of testing the console is in good working order prefectly well.

When I do upgrade to a VGA box/mod + a VGA compatible TV/dedicated monitor I think I'll appreciate the picture quality more this way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Also, my first game for it - Chu Chu Rocket (again PAL, manual and disc only - no original case or other printed bits and bobs). Only played it for a few minutes to see everything is running smoothly

IMAG0023.jpg

I've already bought my next game for it too on eBay since its something I've been dying to play for years. I'll post that up here when it arrives (hopefully next weekish). No box or manual for it though, figure what that'd cost extra would be better spent towards everything else the Dreamcast needs. Like a VMU. And that clock battery. That will get annoying fast if I don't do something about it...

Welcome to the addiction club. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah its only a matter of time before your doing unspeakable things to get your next retro fix.

I think I speak for everyone when I say...

:)

Picked up Gunbird for the ps2 and Nanostray2 for DS, cost me a tenner all together in Gamestop.
    Also Raiden 3 arrived, haven't played it yet but it seems to boot up fine on the TEST Ps2.
    Kerbdog also gave me 5 lovely Compact Flash cards, for the GNet, free of charge! Thanks man!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good try, His Master's Voice. Pricing the limited edition of The Last Story at the same price as the standard? Nice ploy, but I'm not falling for that trick again. It's only a cardboard box, a steelcase and short CD / artbook that will end up gathering dust in my room. Ultimately entirely superfluous to my needs and bank balance. I'll go spend my money on something worthwhile, thank you very much.

SEVERAL MOMENTS LATER:

**** you HMV, **** you.

14b6g69.jpg

(seems like a waste including both the standard box and a steelcase?)

Played a bit of Raiden III and Gunbird, it's all good baby, its all good...
    Can't wait to pick up my Sony 21" and pop it on its side, going to wire it into the existing setup and when needed for shooting duties, I just turn it on, that's the plan anywho...

Will I have to degauss the TV I wonder?

Also, just got negative feedback on adverts from a guy who said I was ad spoiling, it was a gold N64 controller, he said it was "perfect" aside from the small fact that the analog stick wasn't working, "an easy fix" he said.
    I pointed out that the item was hardly, therefore, perfect given most games need said stick.
    He got nasty and gave me negative feedback, despite me not buying from him!
    I have duly reports his ass, lets hope the mods sort him out, have a look for the ad, tell me if I went too far...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Getting my XBOX 'Jack Rabbit Slims Twist Contest' consoles glitched and fiddled with this weekend. No longer shall NTSC-J-only XBOX 360 games be a stranger to my homestead!

Excellent stuff sir. Ketsui and Akai Katana Shin = :cool: But imagine them on your cab using your LS-56 jobbies. :eek:
    Yourself and ondafly might have some ding dong battles with Ketsui high scores now. Actually waiting on my Seimitsu buttons to arrive to test them out - see if I can tell the difference.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Played a bit of Raiden III and Gunbird, it's all good baby, its all good...
    Can't wait to pick up my Sony 21" and pop it on its side, going to wire it into the existing setup and when needed for shooting duties, I just turn it on, that's the plan anywho...

Will I have to degauss the TV I wonder?

No you shouldn't have to. When you rotate it, leave it powered off for 30 mins or so before using it first time. It should be fine to leave like that permanently if that's your plan - I've had mine sitting tated for months now and not a bother. If you do plan to put it back horizontal then same thing, leave it off for 30 mins before turning on. Nice on Raiden III too, quality game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got Mercs out to the house and mounted (ooh err) on a CPS1 motherboard.

It looks immaculate and check out the amount of numbered chips on the board!

Mercs-1.jpg

DSC_0647.jpg

Tomorrow shall be testing day!

Also noticed something, the Street Fighter 2 board I took off to make way for Mercs has three chips with the eeproms exposed.

DSC_0648.jpg

I wonder is that the cause of the garbled sprites?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That Mercs board looks in perfect condition alright, lovely. Almost like a dishwasher job. :eek:
    Testing day = you finally got off yer backside and collected your SG? I'm beginning to think you don't want to play that Raiden II board... :p

Master of the Universe

Don't you dare doubt my love for Raiden II :p

If all goes to plan, tomorrow shall be vertical PCB day. I'll be breaking out The Game Paradise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Good try, His Master's Voice. Pricing the limited edition of The Last Story at the same price as the standard? Nice ploy, but I'm not falling for that trick again. It's only a cardboard box, a steelcase and short CD / artbook that will end up gathering dust in my room. Ultimately entirely superfluous to my needs and bank balance. I'll go spend my money on something worthwhile, thank you very much.

SEVERAL MOMENTS LATER:

**** you HMV, **** you.

14b6g69.jpg

(seems like a waste including both the standard box and a steelcase?)
    I don't get it, are you mad at HMV?

Cheers Andrew76. I'm going to get started with Ketsui tonight I hope. Johnny Ultimate is a keen Ketsui player too I think? If so that'll be four people able to duke it out in the high score thread. :)

Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale, your TV should be grand. If it ever does need degaussing you can buy a degaussing wand to help. I want Nanostray 1 & 2 for my collection too, nice pickups, Gunbird as well!

Pantrylad: nice boards! You might well need to re-write those EPROMs and cover them. Have you checked for broken traces or corrosion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »

DSC_0647.jpg

On the top white connector of the C-Board, the pins towards the left are touching each other. Probably won't affect anything but ya never know, make sure to separate them ;)

I don't get it, are you mad at HMV?

He was the master of his own destiny...
    Right up to the moment when he saw it on the shelves.
    Then all his hard learned discipline disappeared, replaced with the approximate resistance of a fanboi at a Sony convention...
    BAM!
    One moment he had a self satisfied feeling, knowing he wasn't going to be made a mug of, picked up the box to have a look at the contents...
    The next thing he remembers is standing outside the shop, pockets some euros lighter and a HMV bag in his hand, a cold clammy sweat on his brow, armpits and other regions we need not discuss at this juncture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hipsters hate succumbing to corporate monsters :D

And yet they insist in being photographed in suitably corporate labelled clothes, clothes that are, ultimately, fake vintage wear.
    Hipsters, truly a minority begging to oppressed!

Actually saw one last night, orange jeans, saggy in the arse, tight in the leg, gingham shirt, hat and a man-bag...
    Had to suppress the urge to leap from the car and cuff him about the ears.

Master of the Universe

Pantrylad: nice boards! You might well need to re-write those EPROMs and cover them. Have you checked for broken traces or corrosion?

I've always wanted to get an Eeprom writer and try to write some chips. Might be an interesting idea to give it a go with this board and see if I can replace the ones that are missing the window covers.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    On the top white connector of the C-Board, the pins towards the left are touching each other. Probably won't affect anything but ya never know, make sure to separate them ;)

Great spot, Eagle eyes! I'll fix that now before I forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Would an Eeprom reader/writer like the below one on ebay be of any use or is it the wrong type?
    Looks a bit cheap at 8.89 euro.

viewpictureaspx.jpg

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/USB-Port-24CXX-EEPROM-Programmer-Reader-Writer-24C1024-support-XP-VISTA-WIN7-/160743261068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256d0b838c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement