Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-02-2012, 16:46   #16
ongarboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarrai76 View Post
Dowdie's isn't the Slieve Mish, that's further up the street. Dowdies used to be the Whitehouse bar.
Thanks for clarifying! Never heard of Dowdies, then again was never in the Whitehouse bar either. Sounds like a nice place to have a few pints by OP's recommendation - must check it out.

Great review by OP though!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 16:57   #17
kingdumb

I would say it's been a while since you were last in the museum kn, that train broke down years ago and was not fixed [quite like another nearby tourist attraction]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn View Post
You missed Tralee's main attraction the County Museum with the train ride through the recreation of Tralee in the Geraldine period with all the sounds and smells! Boooo hisss.....

Last edited by kingdumb; 22-02-2012 at 17:05.
Thanks from:
22-02-2012, 17:13   #18
kn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumb View Post
I would say it's been a while since you were last in the museum kn, that train broke down years ago and was not fixed [quite like another nearby tourist attraction]
Didn't know that!
22-02-2012, 17:19   #19
kingdumb

Actually it's been a while since I have been down there too, so the may have fixed it, but I doubt it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn View Post
Didn't know that!
22-02-2012, 17:33   #20
mysteries1984

Sorry, probably not very clear on that one - the pub a few doors up from the Blasket wasn't nearer Dowdie's, it was the other side - it was unnamed pub, then a few doors and The Blasket, then a few mins walk and it was Dowdie's.

If it's any use to you, Ongarboy, Himself drinks Guinness and is fairly particular about it. It's always better on the west coast, apparently, and Dowdie's had the best of all.

Thanks everyone - I will be sure to check it out again. I'll see if I can post up one of the photos I took later on, as a reminder
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion