Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-02-2012, 15:17   #1
cinamonscent
Closed Account

Eb theory test?

Hi.
can someone tell me when taking the EB theory test, do u study from the same theory test book as a car?
The original theory test book ? does it cover the use of towing horse boxes and weights etc for the Eb license theory test?

Or do we need to get a different book?

I drive a landcruiser jeep and tow a 1510 ifor williams horse box.. but i want to get my EB license theory test done and then move on to the practical.. getting itchy now that a guard will pull me and look for the eb side of things..
Advertisement
10-02-2012, 16:17   #2
4odh4n

I am pretty sure it was just the standard car theory test that i done to get the provisional EB lisence, just make sure it is the most up to date theory book that you use, they can throw some pretty imaginative questions at you!

Remember you will have to wait 6months from the date you get your provisional until you can sit the practical
10-02-2012, 23:36   #3
matt70iu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4odh4n View Post
I am pretty sure it was just the standard car theory test that i done to get the provisional EB lisence, just make sure it is the most up to date theory book that you use, they can throw some pretty imaginative questions at you!

Remember you will have to wait 6months from the date you get your provisional until you can sit the practical
Hi

You no longer need to have your EB permit 6 months as per this link:

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Dri...it/what-it-is/

Never made sense in the 1st place place IMO
20-02-2012, 18:46   #4
diesel powered

Does a EB licence need be held for builders trailer or what is the rules governing size weight dimensons etc ???

and is EB test same as normal car test or is it in test center dealing with coupling and reversing etc ??
thanks.
20-02-2012, 20:08   #5
Davy
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel powered View Post
Does a EB licence need be held for builders trailer or what is the rules governing size weight dimensons etc ???

and is EB test same as normal car test or is it in test center dealing with coupling and reversing etc ??
thanks.
Its about the weight rather than size:

Quote:
EB: Combinations of vehicles with drawing vehicle in category B and where the design gross vehicle weight of the trailer is greater than 750kg.
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 16:47   #6
diesel powered

So by that rule i can pull car transporter but not car transorter with car on it ?
22-02-2012, 09:56   #7
4odh4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel powered View Post
So by that rule i can pull car transporter but not car transorter with car on it ?
Nope!, a car transporter is designed to be able to carry more than 750kg so u will still need EB license to tow it even when empty
26-02-2012, 13:09   #8
little big planet 2
Banned

does the book change every year or can you just get the 2011 one

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size