Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-02-2012, 08:51   #1
Squiggler
Closed Account

Dating Scan

Hi. Any recommendations for where to get a dating scan in Dublin City Centre? Willing to pay to have it done privately and pay for it. The main thing is that it needs to be done in the next few weeks if it is going to happen.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 09:53   #2
Hannibal Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggler View Post
Hi. Any recommendations for where to get a dating scan in Dublin City Centre? Willing to pay to have it done privately and pay for it. The main thing is that it needs to be done in the next few weeks if it is going to happen.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.
A friend of mine recommended this place in Smithfield (link below), that's where she went on both her pregnancies. She recommended it to me but I didn't need it in the end, so I've no personal experience of it.

http://www.babycheck.ie/index.php?q=...BabyCheck.html
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 10:34   #3
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January
The RCSI unit in the Rotunda hospital offers private dating scans, very accurate, she done the scan first and then told me my due date and it was the same as what I had worked out by my LMP. Think it cost 100 euro... this was three years ago now though. I was 13 weeks when I got it done.
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 13:59   #4
Squiggler
Closed Account

Thanks ladies. I had forgotten this place do pregnancy scans: www.ultrasoundsuite.ie

I had a scan with them for something else before and they were really good.

Baby brain already!
03-04-2012, 09:33   #5
miccre

www.rcsiwomenshealth.com
Advertisement
04-04-2012, 15:26   #6
littlemissteach

Hey,
just wondering do you need to be a minimum date for the early dating scans to work?My GP puts me at 8 weeks tomorrow(based on LMP), I estimate about 6 weeks 3 days(based on estimated conception date)- was thinking of getting an early scan next week- so I would be between 7 and 9 weeks- is that too early for them to see anything?Would there be a visible heartbeat at that stage?Could they tell if baby is in the right place, right size etc??
Or could it be the case that they can't see anything cos it's too early and I just leave all worried?!My first appt with consultant is 3rd May, so should I just try and hold on until then for the first scan?

Anyone tried MD Ultrasound in Limerick?(I think they're in Dublin too?)
Thanks a mill

Last edited by littlemissteach; 04-04-2012 at 15:36. Reason: extra info
04-04-2012, 18:38   #7
Kash

I found MD Ultrasound in Limerick very expensive (and I think you need a letter from the doctor for there too).

We drove up to Dublin for ours at Ultrasound Dimensions.
They were excellent, and I would highly recommend them.

As far as I know, they can do the scan from 6 weeks - we had ours at 7 +3 or something like that, and they could make out the heartbeat and the location.

Worth the trip in my opinion!
Thanks from:
04-04-2012, 18:48   #8
TwoMums2Be

I believe they like you to be over 7 weeks...we had ours at 7w 3d & position, size & heartbeat was all seen/heard (I think they sometimes can't hear heartbeat that early). We had ours at our clinic in galway so can't advise on where to go

Plan on heading to Dublin for 3d scan shortly but my folks are up there so it's convenient for us

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion