Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools
21-02-2012, 01:25   #1
Galwubliner
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14
advice if my boyfriend is gay..

Hey I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is gay just wondering if anyone can help me with the symtoms..... it's actually disgusting what i've seen him doing
Galwubliner is offline  
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 01:27   #2
Shane St.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,193
When you say disgusting what uv seen him doing what do you mean?
Shane St. is offline  
21-02-2012, 01:28   #3
x Purple Pawprints x
Registered User
 
x Purple Pawprints x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Co. Laois
Posts: 16,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwubliner View Post
Hey I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is gay just wondering if anyone can help me with the symtoms..... it's actually disgusting what i've seen him doing
It's not a disease. What have you seen him doing?
x Purple Pawprints x is offline  
(2) thanks from:
21-02-2012, 01:29   #4
Galwubliner
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane St. View Post
When you say disgusting what uv seen him doing what do you mean?
I don't think its appropriate for here... it's just so ewww. Why would he be gay? Am I too ugly now or something I always make extra effort when I meet him
Galwubliner is offline  
21-02-2012, 01:30   #5
Shane St.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,193
OP can you explain your relationship? Or you having intimacy issues or what? You are being a bit vague
Shane St. is offline  
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 01:31   #6
jay phelan
Registered User
 
jay phelan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwubliner View Post
symtoms
Are you serious? Being gay is not an illness
jay phelan is offline  
21-02-2012, 01:32   #7
baby and crumble
Registered User
 
baby and crumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,525
Op, your boyfriends sexuality has nothing to do with you. It's not because he's suddenly not attracted to you.

You need to talk to him about it.
baby and crumble is online now  
(2) thanks from:
21-02-2012, 01:35   #8
Galwubliner
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay phelan View Post
Are you serious? Being gay is not an illness
No no I like gay people and all I just think the certain things that happen aren't to my taste. And I'm nearly 100% certain that he has done it. I love him so much too I can't bring myself to ask him because I know in my heart it won't end well for me I care about him too much. Together 4 and a half years x
Galwubliner is offline  
21-02-2012, 01:37   #9
PickledLime
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 986
Well if the guy is your boyfriend ie. someone who you are sharing your life with and should love unconditionally... maybe, i dunno, 'asking him' would be the best way to find out?

And stating 'symtoms' [sic] is implying that it is a disease... you should really be more considerate in your phrasing.
PickledLime is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 01:39   #10
Joeytheparrot
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 13,461
moved to personal issues
Joeytheparrot is offline  
(2) thanks from:
21-02-2012, 01:40   #11
Shane St.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwubliner View Post
No no I like gay people and all I just think the certain things that happen aren't to my taste. And I'm nearly 100% certain that he has done it. I love him so much too I can't bring myself to ask him because I know in my heart it won't end well for me I care about him too much. Together 4 and a half years x
You have to talk to him. If you think things wont end well so be it. Honestly what is the point living a lie. YOU MUST TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT
Shane St. is offline  
21-02-2012, 01:40   #12
Galwubliner
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickledLime View Post
Well if the guy is your boyfriend ie. someone who you are sharing your life with and should love unconditionally... maybe, i dunno, 'asking him' would be the best way to find out?

And stating 'symtoms' [sic] is implying that it is a disease... you should really be more considerate in your phrasing.
If it was that easy I would have asked him by now
Galwubliner is offline  
21-02-2012, 01:42   #13
Galwubliner
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane St. View Post
You have to talk to him. If you think things wont end well so be it. Honestly what is the point living a lie. YOU MUST TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT
But how do I bring it up with him? I'm quite upset won't tell parents why maybe they know anyway this so embarassing
Galwubliner is offline  
21-02-2012, 01:43   #14
jay phelan
Registered User
 
jay phelan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwubliner View Post
And I'm nearly 100% certain that he has done it.
Nearly isn't definite. You have to speak to him about it because it's the only way to know. Asking for advice here isn't going to get you very far because you don't have all the facts yet.

PickledLime is right, if you're planning on spending your life with him then you're going to have to sort this out with him and the only way to do that is to talk to him.

I'm a bit confused though, being together nearly 5 years you should have no problem talking to him.
jay phelan is offline  
(4) thanks from:
21-02-2012, 01:45   #15
Shane St.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,193
You don't have to answer if you don't want to but can I ask and I presume it is. Is it a sexual relationship?? Is this why ur getting the idea he might be gay.
Shane St. is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools