Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-02-2012, 10:27   #1
thlint

Add new satellite lidl Uscals

How do you add a new satellite ( 9 E new saorsat) to lidl SL65 receiver using Uscals. I cannot find a way to key in the location 9 E when I add the satellite . It adds the satellite to location ( 0.0) so the motor does not know where to point too.
Advertisement
14-02-2012, 16:20   #2
PressTheButton

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlint View Post
How do you add a new satellite ( 9 E new saorsat) to lidl SL65 receiver ...
You haven't mentioned what type of LNB or satellite dish you're using or whether your receiver supports DiSEqC.
Lots of information on Boards, just enter Saorsat in the 'Search' box (top right) and remember the service is still in testing/hasn't been officially launched yet, ie, you don't want to end up wasting your money on unsuitable equipment.

Some reading recommendations which should answer your question:

14-02-2012, 16:25   #3
Peter Rhea
Banned

The SL65 doesn't do DVB-S2, so no use for Saorsat.
Thanks from:
17-02-2012, 11:57   #4
thlint

Adding new satellite

I have DiSEqC 1.2 (?) ie a motor on the dish which will rotate to the satellites on 19E, 16E, 13E, as well as 28E. I have in the past added satellites ie 30W but it is a few years ago and I just cannot find the way to key in the location of a new satellite. I have done it before but I am obviously missing something and the manual (motor and SL 65 ) does not give these steps. I only used the 9 E as an example there are other satellites I want to tune into .
I am sure I am missing a very simple step just at beginning of process.
17-02-2012, 15:12   #5
zg3409

I presume you need to add a new satellite to the menu, and do a blind scan. Then the dish will turn and do a blind scan?
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 01:05   #6
thlint

Quote:
Originally Posted by zg3409 View Post
I presume you need to add a new satellite to the menu, and do a blind scan. Then the dish will turn and do a blind scan?
Yes .
I have contacted lidl service . They put me in touch with Zinteck: 01 4008353 their after sales provider.
i have asked same question and I am waiting for them to check out the procedure.

Last edited by thlint; 21-02-2012 at 01:09.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion