E-Cigarettes - The original thread - Page 150 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2012, 23:58   #2236
Esel
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO 06 View Post
.....from now on it will cost me about 15 euro a week....
What e-cig are you using? €15 a week sounds a lot.
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 00:09   #2237
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
depends on what juices you are getting. if you dont like dekang, then 15 a week probably sounds about right for 30ml from the uk and us sites ive seen
21-02-2012, 08:39   #2238
Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esel View Post
What e-cig are you using? €15 a week sounds a lot.
I would have thought 15 Euro per week is about right? I could probably get away with less in terms of the juice but it's the constant trying out new hardware thats costing me the most.

Initially something like a 510 will be "effective" to get you off the fags but after a while I think I wanted to get something which was more "enjoyable".

If you like cartomisers you are all set but if you dont like them many of the other options have a learning curve and a certain amount of fiddling.
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 09:44   #2239
Shazanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
I would have thought 15 Euro per week is about right? I could probably get away with less in terms of the juice but it's the constant trying out new hardware thats costing me the most.

Initially something like a 510 will be "effective" to get you off the fags but after a while I think I wanted to get something which was more "enjoyable".

If you like cartomisers you are all set but if you dont like them many of the other options have a learning curve and a certain amount of fiddling.

Found that comment very interesting. I have found the e-go very "effective" and am into my fourth week of the fags. But what would I find more "enjoyable"??? I don't know where to go from here - its easy to get the standard start up e-cig but how do you know what to do then????
21-02-2012, 09:46   #2240
tommy2bad

I would use 3.5 cartos a week Booge LR's and 25 to 30 ml juice so that could cost 15 euro if I bought a months supply from say here in Irl 60 euro would cover it.
I get some juice here and all the cartos but the bulk of my juice is now bought from Inawera. I'm down to about 8 euro a week.
Anyway 15 euro isn't 2 boxes of B&H, your 5 boxes ahead.
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 09:53   #2241
tommy2bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazanne View Post
Found that comment very interesting. I have found the e-go very "effective" and am into my fourth week of the fags. But what would I find more "enjoyable"??? I don't know where to go from here - its easy to get the standard start up e-cig but how do you know what to do then????
I think Green Hornet was referring to the little 510 cig sized one, An eGo is a beast compared to them little things. And I used one to test the water so to speak, Never smoked since. eGo and cartos beat all the rest for convenience and effectiveness for the money. If you just want to stop smoking cigarettes they are excellent.

Dosn't mean you cant try out VV devices, diferent atomisers, better looking devices. Vaping can be a hobby in itself.
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 09:56   #2242
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy2bad View Post
I would use 3.5 cartos a week Booge LR's and 25 to 30 ml juice so that could cost 15 euro if I bought a months supply from say here in Irl 60 euro would cover it.
I get some juice here and all the cartos but the bulk of my juice is now bought from Inawera. I'm down to about 8 euro a week.
Anyway 15 euro isn't 2 boxes of B&H, your 5 boxes ahead.
3.5 cartos a week?!
21-02-2012, 10:12   #2243
tommy2bad

Yeah I put about 8ml through a LR Booge carto and it stops wicking proper. 2, 2 1/2 days and that thing has no pull or flavor.
I think the wick is the weakest part, the coil will fire for ages and the filler will still soak juice( I pulled one apart and the filler had as much juice as it would hold fresh) but the wick becomes clogged and cant let the juice flow as fast needed so dry burning happens, bad taste burned filler, 70 cents bin it.
21-02-2012, 10:22   #2244
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

ah right, yeah prob the best way to do it if you can get them cheap in bulk
no need to sacrifice on quality and try to force an extra few days out of a buggered carto that way
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 10:24   #2245
Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy2bad View Post
I think Green Hornet was referring to the little 510 cig sized one, An eGo is a beast compared to them little things. And I used one to test the water so to speak, Never smoked since. eGo and cartos beat all the rest for convenience and effectiveness for the money. If you just want to stop smoking cigarettes they are excellent.

Dosn't mean you cant try out VV devices, diferent atomisers, better looking devices. Vaping can be a hobby in itself.
Yeah, I was referring to the 510 with the 510 batteries. The eGo systems are much better and anybody really looking to move to vaping should skip straight to eGo style set ups I think.
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 20:53   #2246
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

lavatube finally went to unfixably ****ed so I managed to find a low res echomiser I had stashed away
it's not too bad, decent enough vapour if freezing compared to the warmth of a 5v vape.. only problem is after 5 hours using it im getting a strong burnt taste :/

I have to top it up every few drags or the burnt taste overpowers, i dont even have to top up this often with my boge 3 ohms at 6 volts!
21-02-2012, 21:00   #2247
tommy2bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
lavatube finally went to unfixably ****ed so I managed to find a low res echomiser I had stashed away
it's not too bad, decent enough vapour if freezing compared to the warmth of a 5v vape.. only problem is after 5 hours using it im getting a strong burnt taste :/

I have to top it up every few drags or the burnt taste overpowers, i dont even have to top up this often with my boge 3 ohms at 6 volts!
Heard you the first time!
I take it I'm not the only one having trouble with interwebs tonight then.
21-02-2012, 21:03   #2248
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

heh, you wont believe the hassle of trying to delete all those posts with boards acting up
23-02-2012, 08:01   #2249
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

so i've been using this echomiser for a couple of days now and I have to say I'm enjoying it. flavour wise it's ntb, but vapour production and throat hit actually is reminding me of my lavatube. it's a way way cooler vape but I was happily surprised at the amount of vapour I was getting.

when samba originally posted the thread about them, I was curious.. went in on an order with him and by the end we both were kinda unhappy with them. when they worked they worked great, which I suppose is something to keep in mind for everything e-cig but samba in particular got a load of duds in his half of the order.
they hold a huge amount of juice, but I still have eto keep topping them up regularly to avoid burnt taste.. I dont think they're suitable for chain vaping, as if I leave them for a while the burnt taste seems to go.. or at least severely reduce

anyway, if you're looking for a new carto to try out and you're not an incredibly heavy vaper.. have a look at echomisers. I'd stop short of outright reccomending them, but if you can find one cheap enough and you're already making an order for something else.. try them out. I can definitely see them being the right carto for somebody, even if it wasn't for myself or samba.

oh and youll want to get a replacement drip tip for it.. the flat head that comes with them are ****ing awful, i think the 801 drip tips fit.
24-02-2012, 17:15   #2250
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

i assumed dekang juices were 70/30 pg/vg, dunno why.. think I read it somewhere, but im trying to fill a carto with some parkesvaping gummi bears atm that i had made at 70/30 and my god.. this **** is thick
it's taking an age to soak into the filler

i guess my dekangs are 100% pg...
god i can smell this gummi juice and at this rate i wont be able to vape it for anot her half hour.. its torture

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion