Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2012, 13:50   #1051
Saurelin

Send a message via Skype™ to Saurelin
Javagal - ebay
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 13:55   #1052
Kash

adverts.ie for very reasonable stuff if you don't mind going second hand and are not too fussy. Next had some ok stuff too.

Do not order mothercare online - 33 days later and no delivery. I called again today to find out that they attemted delivery 3 times which is absolute twaddle, I'm here all day, every day and have the hearing of a bat - and two very protective dogs who draw attention to every single car that even slows down when passing the house .

The package has now been returned to them. My money was supposedly refunded. If I had not called, I would have known nothing. Useless.

So, I'm now on the lookout for maternity stuff too because hubby wants his slouchy tracksuits back
20-02-2012, 13:56   #1053
Mink

Quote:
Originally Posted by javagal View Post
Girls, I need reasonable maternity clothes, anyone got any tips.
If you're unopposed to 2nd hand, I'd really suggest getting a bundle from someone shifting all their maternity stuff.

As I said in an earlier post I spent €40 and got a massive sack of stuff. The girl had kept all the clothes in great condition, there was plenty of work type stuff as well as casual, many dresses, they were all my size & my style (she put up good photos of each item). Now I think I was lucky to get what I got but I'd say you could get decent stuff. Got it on adverts.ie but there's lots of other sites like that.

Even if you got 3-4 decent things out of a bundle for €40, you'd still be saving a fortune compared to buying it all new.

If you'll definitely only take new stuff, H&M is great for casual stuff & not too overly pricey. Otherwise, just watch out for sales.
20-02-2012, 13:59   #1054
Mink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
So, I'm now on the lookout for maternity stuff too because hubby wants his slouchy tracksuits back
Actually I may start stealing hubby's trackie bottoms for the house as mine are way too tight at the band.

As an aside, you know how I'm whinging that I've gained too much for 17 weeks (10lbs) per a certain site. Well another says you should have gained 10-12 by 18 weeks (which is Saturday for me) Feck it I'm just going to eat when I'm hungry and be done with the worrying.
Thanks from:
20-02-2012, 15:16   #1055
Kiwi2011

Just waiting at my Gps for a check up! would u believe it but yesterday I slipped at the top of the stairs and fell the entire way down on my back and now Im Black and blue! Hope everything ok. :-(
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 16:07   #1056
Kash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink View Post
Feck it I'm just going to eat when I'm hungry and be done with the worrying.
Great idea - i'm totally on board with that one. We have enough to worry about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi2011 View Post
Just waiting at my Gps for a check up! would u believe it but yesterday I slipped at the top of the stairs and fell the entire way down on my back and now Im Black and blue! Hope everything ok. :-(

That must have been so frightening! I'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted.
20-02-2012, 16:08   #1057
mamaheidi

kiwi2011, hope you're ok! This pregnancy business is one fright after the next!!

I talked to my GP and she said that she knows my consultant personally and though he has an "awful bedside manner" (understatement) that he's one of the best that she knows. Apparently as a doctor he's quite good, not much consolation. She said that she would have all her faith in him and that if he scanned the area, even just for a second he would know if something serious was wrong at this stage. I'm still going to get a private second opinion asap just to put my mind at ease. I've transferred from the midwifery led clinic to the consultant led just in case, though the consultant said it wouldn't be a problem to go with the midwives. I just don't think I fit in to the low risk category any more though. Anyway, I have my scan in two weeks & my next appointment will be under a different consultant, just by chance. So we'll see how that goes.

My GP said not to lift a finger for the rest of the pregnancy. The only thing I can do is swim & that's because I swim very regularly anyway so I have my OH, mum and sister warned that I'm gonna be a very lazy bit** for the next five months Luckily that my main work involves writing a phd which I can do from bed anyway so here's hoping things go ok!
Thanks from:
20-02-2012, 17:01   #1058
Saurelin

Send a message via Skype™ to Saurelin
Mamaheidi, I hope you will feel more relaxed now.

Kiwi please be careful.

I had appointment with my GP on Saturday, he told me that if my urine tests results will be good he will let me go back to work next week if I will promise to take often breaks, rest whenever I start feeling bad (ideally if I can lie down for even few minutes) and I will avoid work related stress.

I send email to my boss with info on Saturday and today afternoon I get replay that he do not feel ok with me coming back to work as they cannot promise that I will work only hours I supposed to (we work at least 10 hours a day, but PA job is never done and you always need to be on call), regular breaks are impossible as well, and resting - not possible either.
So I called HSE asked what I supposed to do. My GP cannot give me med cert for next 20 weeks and my boss does not want me in office. To be honest I do not feel that going back to work is safe thing to do for baby and for me. I was told to apply for health and safety benefit but they told me that it is unlikely I will get it as my work does not involve a lot of physical things (exc. carrying boxes with documents and folders). What should I do?
20-02-2012, 17:39   #1059
Mink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi2011 View Post
How did your check up go, if you went down on your back, I'd say everything is fine.
This is my worst nightmare as I'm very clumsy and have fallen down stairs at home & in public numerous times My hubby has banned me from wearing certain slippers as they are more slippy than usual.

Haven't had any falls *touch wood* since preg but I think I've been uber careful
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 19:38   #1060
trions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurelin View Post
Javagal Zoey Belle is beautiful name
Our family is close as well (even if they are far) and they all are involved a lot. My parents in law already bought a lot of staff for baby.

I'm 18 weeks now and I'm worried that I didn't feel baby yet.
I know I still have some time but...
Hi all,
Saurelin - will be good to meet u too and put a face to one of the names! Don't be worried, we have the same due date and I am yet to feel a flutter - have been getting a weird tickly feeling just below my belly button, not sure if its baby or not.. i figure when baby is ready to make his/her presence felt they will do so and not a minute before so there's no point stressing.. About work have you tried phoning the citizens advice centre - they are usually really helpful and will have up to date info on legal issues and welfare entitlements - might be worth a shot...

Javagal - love the name it's fab - you're family must have been so excited!!! I hit the shops yesterday and got some clothes that actually fit... Got a few lovely tops and a dress in new look, a couple of nice drape cardigans in mango , couldn't get any jeans long enough for me in shops, but found some lovely ones on new look website with extra long legs, so ordered two pairs and another dress - may have gone a bit overboard

Kiwi - you poor thing, you must have gotton an awful fright, hope GP appointment went well and put your mind at ease...

post bump exercise thread - count me in, think i will need all the help i can get!
And unfortunately yes on the swollen ankles if u can find the time elevating them is supposed to help!

Talk soon
T x
Thanks from:
20-02-2012, 20:54   #1061
javagal

I got some stuff off new look today and I'm gonna send stuff from matalan to my aunt in the uk for her to bring home.

If anyone wants to order stuff from new look I get the online student discount!
20-02-2012, 21:14   #1062
theg81der

Quote:
I got some stuff off new look today and I'm gonna send stuff from matalan to my aunt in the uk for her to bring home.

If anyone wants to order stuff from new look I get the online student discount!
Never even thought of Matalan and I was in Belfast twice this week will check it out now!

Still no bump anyway just getting fat, all I want is Indian food (the reason I was in Belfast ) not really a low calorie choice. My friend keeps laughing at my food baby cause my stomach area is so massive it looks like the babies there and my little cousins keeps poking and rubbing it!
20-02-2012, 21:31   #1063
javagal

I have a food baby too! Mostly from chipper!
Wish i lived near the north to spin to matalan,they have cheap cot sets too
20-02-2012, 21:51   #1064
theg81der

Quote:
I have a food baby too! Mostly from chipper!
Wish i lived near the north to spin to matalan,they have cheap cot sets too
I didn`t know that either thanks Java! Wouldn`t mind picking up stuff for you if I`m travelling your direction at some stage I`m in Belfast and Dublin at least once every 2 weeks.

Last edited by theg81der; 20-02-2012 at 21:54.
21-02-2012, 00:20   #1065
cyning

Saurelin if your doc was only happy to let you back to work under those conditions if you explain to him you can't he probably will keep you out on certs. I'm out 14 weeks on certs and realistically it's looking less and less likely I'm going to be allowed back at all. I got a form from social welfare last week that my doc had to fill out because I'm on certs so long: they specifically have a section that lists your end date if it's pregnancy related issues. So you can be out on certs for the next 20 weeks if needs be... If your sick obv. And if your exhausted and sick at home resting up, 10+ hour days won't be good for you or baby.

Also your boss sounds utterly immovable and unhelpful: I feel so cross on your behalf.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion