The Pregnancy Chat Thread! - Page 314 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-02-2012, 22:03   #4696
cyning

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnrain View Post
Hey all im 19 weeks pregnant with my first child and im so scared. Its prob normal to be like this with your first baby. Im worrying about silly things like how am i gonna afford a baby it totally wasn't planned and tips or advice would be brilliant as im having a real hard time thanks x
Congrats I'm 20 weeks and I worry all the time about my little babs.. and we'd been planning and trying for ages! I worry about how we'll afford it aswell, but I'm trying to do less worrying and more enjoying of it at the moment... we're going to have little babies in July!! I worry how on earth I'm going to know what a little baby wants, how I'm going to give someone so small a bath

Check out adverts, donedeal or if your local area has any of those facebook buysellswap groups for baby stuff... The ones around here are full of baby stuff. Register with all the baby websites for coupons etc for nappies and stuff... it will all work out! Hope your feeling a bit better today x
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-02-2012, 22:14   #4697
pippington

5 days till due date!!!!!!
19-02-2012, 23:39   #4698
caprilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by javagal View Post
I'm having a baby girl!!! Wooohoooo!!! She's so perfect and lovely!!!

*Loves*
Aw wow congrats on finding out!! I'd so love to find out. I had a dream I was doing my shopping in tescoes last night & there was a guy at the till doing gender scans.
I was queueing for ages and bursting for a wee, then when I got to the top of the queue he fecked off for his break & I woke up before he returned so I never got to find out

Omg pippington, I'd love to have only 5 days left. swap?
20-02-2012, 11:52   #4699
Shuwaaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprilicious View Post
Aw wow congrats on finding out!! I'd so love to find out. I had a dream I was doing my shopping in tescoes last night & there was a guy at the till doing gender scans.
I was queueing for ages and bursting for a wee, then when I got to the top of the queue he fecked off for his break & I woke up before he returned so I never got to find out

Omg pippington, I'd love to have only 5 days left. swap?
Haha love the zany pregnancy dreams! I had one last week where I'd had the baby and me and the other half were at home with babs and getting visitors, but kept forgetting to change the nappy cos so many people were coming to visit. At one stage a visitor mentioned that the baby's nappy 'felt a bit heavy' and we realised we hadn't changed him in three days! And cos the nappy was ultra-absorbent it just kept absorbing everything and by the time we changed it, it had swollen to the size of a tractor tyre with this dinky wee baby sitting in the middle, and I kept bursting into tears because I could remember to feed the animals every day but I kept forgetting to change my own child's nappy on a regular basis.

I may be nervous about knowing so little about being a mum but at least I know I can't possibly be THAT bad
(3) thanks from:
20-02-2012, 14:26   #4700
Ms2011

Washing machine just ate one of the few pairs of trackie bottoms that still fit me :mad:so I'm staying in my PJs for the rest of the day in protest
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 15:18   #4701
pippington

haha nearly peed myself laughing at yer dreams..so funny! I know its great to only have 5 days left...but the last couple weeks have just dragged by...first 8 months of pregnancy are mad fast and then its like time almost stands still! I just want the baby!
(4) thanks from:
20-02-2012, 15:43   #4702
Kash

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnrain View Post
Hey all im 19 weeks pregnant with my first child and im so scared. Its prob normal to be like this with your first baby. Im worrying about silly things like how am i gonna afford a baby it totally wasn't planned and tips or advice would be brilliant as im having a real hard time thanks x
Pop along to the July thread, we're all helping each other through all the fears and worries, what if's and OMG!s - and sharing the WOOHOO! moments too. No worries too big or too small. Honestly, it gives such peace of mind to know you are not alone (and not crazy )

And of course, all the lovely ladies here and on the Pregnancy Moan thread, many of whom are further along and can offer some excellent advice and reassurance. Pregnancy can be so alienating that it's wonderful to have someone to bounce things off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippington View Post
first 8 months of pregnancy are mad fast and then its like time almost stands still! I just want the baby!
What?!! This is fast? Dagnammit, I'll have no patience at all by the end of this
Thanks from:
20-02-2012, 17:45   #4703
Mink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
What?!! This is fast? Dagnammit, I'll have no patience at all by the end of this
Was watching Troll Hunter on the weekend & they said it in that Female Trolls have a gestation period of 10-12 years (they live to be 1000-1200 yrs old). This is fairytale Trolls, not ones that start up disruptive threads on Boards
I'm 17 weeks and feel like I must have troll genes in me, I'm going to be pregnant for the next two yrs!

It's not that I'm not enjoying bits of it but I definitely feel a little held to ransom. Pregnancy really can bring out your self-centredness! I'll probably feel different when I start feeling kicks & when it's getting near the end & buying more baby stuff.
Thanks from:
20-02-2012, 18:21   #4704
pippington

My partners mam is suggestin brandy bonk and bath....anyone know if this works? im not drinking brandy if it aint gonna do anything (think of the heartburn!!)
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 19:05   #4705
caprilicious

These are all the things that were suggested to me when I went overdue last time. I did everyone of them (not all at the one time mind ) and still went a fortnight over! so not too convinced at their powers to bring on labour!

Drink fizzy drinks (club orange in particular apparently )
Drink Tonic water (quinine in it is supposed to induce labour)
Eat Pineapples (was eating fresh one's til they came out my ears!)
Sex (yes it's sooooo much fun when you're the size of an elephant )
Warm baths
LOTS of exercise. I had my poor husband walking with me in the pitch black up and down the field beside our house (we live in the country) it's a steep field & I would insist on doing laps of it (about the same length as a football field, though not as wide). Didn't work a bit!

One's thing that was suggested to me but I didn't try was cod liver oil. I think it just gives you really bad diahorrea (sp?) and that can induce labour.
I have read horror stories about the diahorrea continuing into the labour itself. Not good!
20-02-2012, 22:29   #4706
wmpdd3

midwife this time said, sex....its proven (how?)

and castor oil, dont even consider of it!!

never heard of cod liver oil having the same affect?
20-02-2012, 23:20   #4707
Sittingpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpdd3 View Post
midwife this time said, sex....its proven (how?)

and castor oil, dont even consider of it!!

never heard of cod liver oil having the same affect?

Semen contains prostaglandins, hormones used in induction so it's thought that "hot sex" as my gynae put it can help to get the labour going, not sure how they actively proved it though!
(2) thanks from:
21-02-2012, 00:10   #4708
caprilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittingpretty View Post
Semen contains prostaglandins, hormones used in induction so it's thought that "hot sex" as my gynae put it can help to get the labour going, not sure how they actively proved it though!
Only hot sex works, so crap sex is out then?

I thought it was something to do with having an orgasm stimulating contractions
21-02-2012, 08:24   #4709
Saurelin

Send a message via Skype™ to Saurelin
My sis said that washing all windows at home helped her with her 1 and second ;-)
21-02-2012, 10:39   #4710
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January
Apparently the sperm has to go down orally

Pineapples - it's said you have to eat 7 of them to have any effect

Castor oil - just don't, tried it on number 1, led to my waters breaking but no labour, so induced the next day and had to have an emergency c section under general anesthetic because she went into severe distress.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion