Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2012, 20:58   #121
brian_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelite View Post
I'm a regular user of coupons mainly pigsback and I stay within the guidelines. When I use the self-service till in Tesco the machine freezes if I use over two coupons - just me or anybody else.
I think it's the same for everyone using the self-service.

The assistant will flash their code and pass it for you. If you are using more then 3 or 4 coupons I think it's quicker to use a manned check-out.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 22:06   #122
dealdish

tesco have fair trade coffee reduced from 3.20 to 1.20 ,and tesco finest t bags reduced to 80 for 1 euro.i think tea is great copy of lyons
21-02-2012, 21:21   #123
Access

Not too sure if this has been mentioned yet...

Persil Small And Mighty Biological 28W 1Litre

This is normally €8.12 (which is expensive) but is on half price offer in tesco at €4.06... (valid from 15/2/2012 until 4/3/2012)

Use the €2 off pigsback coupon and get it for €2.06 per bottle... 7 cent a wash!
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 22:37   #124
ewkol

hi on denny webside is coupon 1euro off deli style ham http://www.denny.ie/Natural/Competition/CompQuiz.aspx
Thanks from:
22-02-2012, 10:50   #125
purplestar77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post

This is normally €8.12 (which is expensive) but is on half price offer in tesco at €4.06... (valid from 15/2/2012 until 4/3/2012)

Use the €2 off pigsback coupon and get it for €2.06 per bottle... 7 cent a wash!
I bought 4 yesterday .... can't BELIEVE I'm buying Persil again, after the stockpiling I did last summer

But to be honest, I will only buy when its that cheap (plus I would feel sick paying full price, hope I never have to!)
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 10:56   #126
Palane

Persil

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestar77 View Post
I bought 4 yesterday .... can't BELIEVE I'm buying Persil again, after the stockpiling I did last summer

But to be honest, I will only buy when its that cheap (plus I would feel sick paying full price, hope I never have to!)
Did you buy them all in one transaction?
22-02-2012, 11:11   #127
purplestar77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palane View Post
Did you buy them all in one transaction?
Yes, I'd often buy a couple of items in one go if the savings are good enough. If I have lots of coupons, I try to choose my checkout assistant carefully. In my experience, the younger cashiers tend to put the coupons through no problem, while the more "mature" staff members can question them (like you're trying to con them or something). Again, this is just my experience
(2) thanks from:
22-02-2012, 11:27   #128
Helium

Quote:
Yes, I'd often buy a couple of items in one go if the savings are good enough. If I have lots of coupons, I try to choose my checkout assistant carefully. In my experience, the younger cashiers tend to put the coupons through no problem, while the more "mature" staff members can question them (like you're trying to con them or something). Again, this is just my experience
That's funny , and i'm wondering how many of us are like that.

In the beginning we would go through same routine when it comes to checkout and usually look for operator with most pleasant attitude.

Now that we are battle hardened, it's just matter of self cofidence and not taking any crap, because we're not doing anything illegal.

Our last shop , we had 6 bottles of comfort water , 4 bottles of persil , other bits and bobs and handed in about 15 coupons.
People behind weren't best pleased , but guess who left with the big smile on the face
22-02-2012, 11:27   #129
Palane

Coupons

Quote:
Thanks. Cause I always only use one coupon of each type per transaction saying that I could go to the till withalot of coupons but they would always be for different products. I will see how I get on this evening.
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 18:37   #130
mrswalton

If the coupon says one per purchase and you are purchasing 9 items, then you are perfectly entitled to hand over 9 coupons. I have to say, i don't think it adds a lot of time to the transaction unless the person on the till has to ask for help.

If there is an excessive delay and you do feel bad about someone in the queue behind you, it is a nice touch to hand over a coupon as a gift to the person waiting. Even better if you've eyeballed their shopping and give them one they can use straight away. Might convert someone else into a couponer.
22-02-2012, 22:57   #131
Palane

Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswalton View Post
If the coupon says one per purchase and you are purchasing 9 items, then you are perfectly entitled to hand over 9 coupons. I have to say, i don't think it adds a lot of time to the transaction unless the person on the till has to ask for help.

If there is an excessive delay and you do feel bad about someone in the queue behind you, it is a nice touch to hand over a coupon as a gift to the person waiting. Even better if you've eyeballed their shopping and give them one they can use straight away. Might convert someone else into a couponer.
I think that's a very nice gesture! I will try it. I bought two of everything I had coupons for tonight so I handed over 14 coupons and nothing was said.
22-02-2012, 23:46   #132
Access

Quote:
I think that's a very nice gesture! I will try it. I bought two of everything I had coupons for tonight so I handed over 14 coupons and nothing was said.
Im planning to stockpile tomorrow when i am in doing the shopping... 20 bottles of persil are on my list! - and thats just one coupon i am using tomorrow. (washing sorted for the next 12 months!) - now if comfort would only come down in price to about two euro... i would be in like flynn!

Also, purplestar77 is bang on... I have found that looking for a younger till op is the only way to go... as the senior members of staff are just too into their job... and they make you feel like you are robbing the store.

On a side note... i had one of my worst couponing experiences this week, I was in supervalu getting just a couple of small things as i was passing it and i had a coupon in the car for ages (but still in date) printed in B&W.
I said to myself i better use this up while im here but when i got to a till (with young till op) with my few bits, the lady went off to check if it was okay to use this b&W coupon with customer services.

I like to think im a somewhat hardened couponer... but no joking, six minutes later, i am still standing there with an irate looking woman next in line behind me with a trolley load of items on the belt along with 4 people behind her and my till op is still over at customer services till (which is also backed up with 7 or 8 people there) and the customer services till op is on the phone to the office i presume to verify if its an acceptable coupon or not in their eyes while every so often looking over at me to see if i am a character of ill repute!

They didnt accept in the end - but tesco will tomorrow! - i never have a problem with any coupons in there.

Not going to supervalu anymore. Their loss.

Last edited by Access; 22-02-2012 at 23:53.
(3) thanks from:
23-02-2012, 00:28   #133
tatranska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
Quote:
Im planning to stockpile tomorrow when i am in doing the shopping... 20 bottles of persil are on my list! - and thats just one coupon i am using tomorrow. (washing sorted for the next 12 months!) - now if comfort would only come down in price to about two euro... i would be in like flynn!

Also, purplestar77 is bang on... I have found that looking for a younger till op is the only way to go... as the senior members of staff are just too into their job... and they make you feel like you are robbing the store.

On a side note... i had one of my worst couponing experiences this week, I was in supervalu getting just a couple of small things as i was passing it and i had a coupon in the car for ages (but still in date) printed in B&W.
I said to myself i better use this up while im here but when i got to a till (with young till op) with my few bits, the lady went off to check if it was okay to use this b&W coupon with customer services.

I like to think im a somewhat hardened couponer... but no joking, six minutes later, i am still standing there with an irate looking woman next in line behind me with a trolley load of items on the belt along with 4 people behind her and my till op is still over at customer services till (which is also backed up with 7 or 8 people there) and the customer services till op is on the phone to the office i presume to verify if its an acceptable coupon or not in their eyes while every so often looking over at me to see if i am a character of ill repute!

They didnt accept in the end - but tesco will tomorrow! - i never have a problem with any coupons in there.

Not going to supervalu anymore. Their loss.
Hope you didn't buy it in t
he end
23-02-2012, 13:52   #134
BluesBerry

Tesco's have the Johnsons baby 2 in 1 bath and wash for 2 for 4 euro
If you use 2 vouchers you get them for 1 euro each
23-02-2012, 17:51   #135
hairyairyfairy

dunnes offer

is it possible for someone to put up the weekly Dunnes offer sheet? or possibly scan it in?

it is not readily available online like the Super Valu one and don't get newspapers

thanks in advance

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion