Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-06-2010, 19:57   #31
Duggy747

While I dunno about this film being any sort of good to the Max canon I've no doubt Hardy will put in a good performance.

Could be the film that'll get Hollywood to notice him more (I would say Inception but I imagine he has a small enough role in that)
Advertisement
05-07-2010, 10:49   #32
zerks

Looks like we getting a 2nd Mad Max movie shortly after the 1st one is released.Enjoyed the originals so heres hoping.http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/07/g...-max-films.php
04-03-2011, 14:52   #33
JP Liz V1

Source

Quote:
Director George Miller has assured Mad Max fans that his new entry in the film series, Fury Road, will rev into production early next year.
The fourth, Mel Gibson-free film in the popular series was originally set to shoot last August with stars Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron. But torrential rain and floods in Australia stalled production.
Now, Miller has told The Daily Telegraph that things are just about back on track.
“We will restart pre-production later this year and begin early next year - weather permitting,” he says.
“We’ve built the vehicles. We’ve designed the movie. The principal cast is locked in. The film is funded. It’s all ready to go. We just wait.”

10-03-2011, 12:48   #34
Dick Burns

Mad Max is one the best original films in its history and was miles ahead of its time,mad max 2 is a classic,i have the boxset at home and yet to watch the 3rd incase my opinion changes ha

Mad MAx derserves another film and Tom hardy will be fantastic,if anyone has seen bronson he was incredible a brilliant method actor and every role he has played hes excelled in and can only imagine how good he is going to be as bane in TDKR in 2012

"You disobey me! You puppy!"
10-03-2011, 12:54   #35
the whole year inn

Yea tom is a good actor and will def give this a watch,any chance of mel making a cameo?
Advertisement
10-03-2011, 13:01   #36
Dick Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gob_smacked View Post
Yea tom is a good actor and will def give this a watch,any chance of mel making a cameo?
Ha i doubt it kinda sad seeing him now with al his problems,especially the way south park portays him defo worth looking up on youtube

would be cool to see The Humungus back
10-03-2011, 16:21   #37
RopeDrink
SpamBlammer 2000

To be honest, as much as I agree on THardy being a fantastic Actor, it just wouldn't be Mad Max without Mel in some shape or form at the very very least - Heck even Terminator:Salvation threw Arnie a Cameo (A CGI one at that, but better than nothing) and that doesn't help make it feel more 'Terminator' but it's at least a nod to the person who was at the core of the movies for years.

No Mel, No Mad Max, just Fury Road - On the flipside, yes, I have seen Bronson and seen TH in that TV Series where he plays an absolute lunatic, hell I'm a Trekkie and loved "Nemesis" where TomHardy plays the antagonist quite nicely, he really can pull this off so I'd still go to see it, albeit pre-dissapointed (Hopefully leading to suprise satisfaction) but again, Mel is Mad Max, it's that simple, and problems or not, he's still a great Actor and could slip into this role easily if he really wanted it.
10-03-2011, 16:28   #38
the whole year inn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeDrink View Post
To be honest, as much as I agree on THardy being a fantastic Actor, it just wouldn't be Mad Max without Mel in some shape or form at the very very least - Heck even Terminator:Salvation threw Arnie a Cameo (A CGI one at that, but better than nothing) and that doesn't help make it feel more 'Terminator' but it's at least a nod to the person who was at the core of the movies for years.

No Mel, No Mad Max, just Fury Road - On the flipside, yes, I have seen Bronson and seen TH in that TV Series where he plays an absolute lunatic, hell I'm a Trekkie and loved "Nemesis" where TomHardy plays the antagonist quite nicely, he really can pull this off so I'd still go to see it, albeit pre-dissapointed (Hopefully leading to suprise satisfaction) but again, Mel is Mad Max, it's that simple, and problems or not, he's still a great Actor and could slip into this role easily if he really wanted it.
Heard the same spiel about Nicholson and the joker,you could be eating your words.
Thanks from:
10-03-2011, 16:42   #39
RopeDrink
SpamBlammer 2000

Well as said, I fully accept the, er, 'risk' of being pleasantly suprised, it can and does happen as we all find it very easy to defend an old film when a role is being given to someone else - But the fact still remains, Mel has always been Mad Max and will always be in the mind of fans of the older films.

Regarding the Dark Knight, a friend of mine put it like this (As an avid fan of the Joker and someone who originally hated the idea of HLedger as the new Joker):

"Ledger wasn't a great Joker... He was a great antagonist, hell yes, but it wasn't the best Joker". People will always have their view muddied by preference or opinion, especially when you only have one (or a few) previous examples to go by, like Jack Nicholson vs Heath Ledger, or now Mel v THardy. For the record, off-topic as it may be, I enjoyed both Jokers very well and respected that each one had to be portrayed in a manner that suited the tone/theme/settings of the movie. JN's Joker would not fit in TDK much like Ledgers wouldn't have in the older Batmans, for example.

Ultimately I hope I'll be pleasantly suprised but as said, it will suck if Mel doesn't even have any form of Cameo - Almost every movie does this, even Charlton Heston appeared in the newer Planet of the Apes (Ironically as an APE!), just as a mark of respect if not for improved interest.
Advertisement
15-11-2011, 00:46   #40
bnt

Some more detail from writer/director George Miller:
Quote:
With so many failed starts on a new “Mad Max” installment and filming set to start in early 2012, one would imagine that the narrative has changed dramatically. But Miller said that while it’s grown somewhat, it’s essentially much the same film he wanted to shoot in 2003. “Obviously I’ve worked on [the script] since, and we’ve got the whole movie designed – we’ve got 150 big vehicles built – and the world has evolved. I hope I’ve evolved, and I hope the movie’s evolved. But it’s pretty similar; at its core, it’s not that different.”

One thing that Miller said was absolutely the same was Mad Max, the character who was being rebooted, albeit primarily via Hardy’s performance rather than a ground-up reinvention via screenwriting. “He’s a rebooted Mad Max, but it’s a new interpretation.” Miller revealed. “We made it very clear from the outset that it would be crazy to try to impersonate what Mel had done, but Tom [like] Mel and Heath Ledger; these guys all have very similar kind of maleness, I find. I don’t know, they somehow remind me of big cats – they’re mesmerizing to look and be with, but you don’t know what they’re going to do at any moment.”
Thanks from:
17-02-2012, 12:58   #41
FlashD
Closed Account

Check out these concept cars for Mad Max 4....pretty flash!

I personally prefered the industrial look in the originals so will be interesting to see what happens.

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/

Also a new link on the latest, supposed to start filming in Nambia in April.
Thanks from:
20-02-2012, 19:51   #42
OldeCinemaSoz

"I'm only here for the gasoline!!!"
12-06-2012, 15:04   #43
JP Liz V1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

^ Charlize Theron shaves her head for Mad Max role so filming must be happening soon
12-06-2012, 20:51   #44
the purple tin

This could be an interesting one. Would be very hard to get the weird/edgy mood of the original. Not to mention the Toecutter, one of the best baddies ever.
13-06-2012, 04:40   #45
FlashD
Closed Account

This is a complete reboot so it could go in any direction really. There may be a whole range of new charcters.

Was supposed to start filming early in the year but got put off due to health problems with George Millar. Last I read was filming starts this month.

The plan is to make two films (reboot and sequel). Remains to be seen.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion