A very unusual psyche test - Page 4 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-02-2012, 04:35   #46
Coriolanus

Send a message via MSN to Coriolanus Send a message via Skype™ to Coriolanus
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynerooney View Post
I'm feeling lazy so not even going to do the test. But my tuppence worth is that i got very intrigued by 'barnum statements' a few years ago. sounds like the psyche test above is a barnum statement generator. If you're really into this, check out the barnum statement info on wikipedia... it's basically related to a bunch of statements one can make about a person that almost everybody can identify to. Have I bored you? I'm beginning to bore myself. But.. I do plan on checking out 'Every Day The Same Dream' as it has tweaked my curiosity on this subject!
Every Day The Same Dream has, admittedly, little to do with the thread, but I thought it might be of interest nonetheless.
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 17:08   #47
woodchuck

My diagnosis: Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

I think it's mostly true... except for the last line. I seem to be constantly washing dishes!
25-02-2012, 13:36   #48
looksee

Quote:
Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.
This is my result and apart from the last sentence which is true, the rest is totally untrue.

I just realised i did this last year and it was at least right in a couple of places, and equally wrong in places.
04-03-2012, 19:40   #49
18AD

Send a message via MSN to 18AD
Some truth behind this test?

http://io9.com/5890317/mental-disord...malist-posters
04-03-2012, 22:31   #50
Joni23

Its interesting what they can pick up from seemingly random things.

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 22:34   #51
Joni23

Quote:
Originally Posted by saa View Post
Try the http://www.colorquiz.com/
Far better than this for what its trying to be, the vague neuroses are much more entertaining
I found this more revealing.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion