Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No NGB in Tralee Town yet?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AWD

daelight wrote: »
    Simple Q coming up.... Has the Tralee Exchange been NGB enabled?

Yes, I believe that it takes sometime to switch over all customers, so I rang Sales and was switched over this morning. They said it can take up to 24 hours to complete. So I should be enjoying a significant increase by tomorrow am. Will let you know
    AWD

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Why do you have to ring anybody?
    I presumed it happened when it happened.
    Let us know how you get on!

ainiseoir wrote: »
    Why do you have to ring anybody?
    I presumed it happened when it happened.
    Let us know how you get on!

Mark advised to do so. I just expedited mine by doing so.
    Although the full 24 hours has not elapsed,
    I tested it just now (hardwire) The SPEED IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS YESTERDAY. :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Good news at last.

Hang tight AWD,, you might have to wait a few more hours. Does your Modem admin page show anything different than before (like line speed, line antuantion) ?

daelight wrote: »
    Good news at last.

Hang tight AWD,, you might have to wait a few more hours. Does your Modem admin page show anything different than before (like line speed, line antuantion) ?

No Choice Daelight. No change to the Modem Admin Page .... still showing 2M package. :(

• Advertisement

AWD wrote: »
    No Choice Daelight. No change to the Modem Admin Page .... still showing 2M package. :(

Wonder should I restart the connection ?

I wouldn't do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Yes AWD, give it a reboot - that information would be populated on initialization of the modem.

That (rebooting) should be OK.
    "restart connection" on the admin pages of the modem is a different ball of wax in my experience!

Did a reboot... no change..:confused:
    Will give them a call...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Did a reboot... no change..:confused:
    Will give them a call...:pac:

Hi AWD

I checked the order and it may just take another 24 hours to complete the port worrk at the exchange.

Can you monitor it and I will follow up with you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark...
    Jeepers, Was told it was all sorted by the C.S. rep yesterday and would be good to go within 24 hours. Just off the Phone with CS and was advised to complete a reset and reboot and I would be fine. Done this, just checked... still the same. I will check in from time to time... bit of a struggle this eh ?:(
    regards
    AWD

Hi Mark...
    Jeepers, Was told it was all sorted by the C.S. rep yesterday and would be good to go within 24 hours. Just off the Phone with CS and was advised to complete a reset and reboot and I would be fine. Done this, just checked... still the same. I will check in from time to time... bit of a struggle this eh ?:(
    regards
    AWD

Hi AWD,

What modem are you using.

Thanks, Mark

Netopia

Netopia

Do you have a Zyxel you can try, just to check something?

Mark

unfortunately not..

Hi AWD

I checked the order and it may just take another 24 hours to complete the port worrk at the exchange.

Can you monitor it and I will follow up with you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I have an image of some overworked technician(s) down at the exchange joining up wires and twiddling dials, for whom a call from above to slip Paddy or Tommy Joe in ahead of everybody else would be less than welcome.
    Surely its best to wait for them to do their thing and keep the gurning for what they produce at the end of the day?

unfortunately not..
    My tuppence worth again.
    I have a Netopia as well, aging but configurable etc.
    There have been more than a few moans from some folks who fired up the new Zyxel on going NGB. Not of late mind you.
    I wouldn't throw out the old warhorse just yet!
    No sign of any change on my Netopia admin page either, but I haven't made any moves as yet.
    They have my e-mail address from way back.

unfortunately not..

HI AWD,

As you signed up for the NGB as part of a bundle, a new Zyxel modem is sent out as part of the upgrade order.

You should get it in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

If you have a netopia it will work no problem with NGB i wouldn't tocuh the Zyxel with a barge pole its that crap

I'm using the Netopia now as the Zyxel was useless !

Synchs at 8160/512 Kbps :)

• Advertisement

Never had an issue with the Netopia ,will hang on to it anyways. I guess it's sit back and wait time.

Never had an issue with the Netopia ,will hang on to it anyways. I guess it's sit back and wait time.
    Hi AWD,
    It's a week now since TRALEE was enabled.
    I haven't heard from anyone who has been migrated.
    Will they do a rush of connections before the weekend, I ask myself?
    I doubt it.

Hi Ainiseoir.
    I hear you. Well I have been told (twice) that I have been Migrated. Mark indicated yesterday that an additional 24 hours was required for 'Port Work'
    (Wonder it that's the Vintage type !:rolleyes:.) so we will see what today brings.
    There seem to be just a few of us that are expediting switch over... you would think that Eircom could facilitate this. I wonder if the situation was reversed and we misinformed Eircom of when they might expect to see payment. Rest assured you would be promptly cut off. You would wonder what the public at large make of Eircom or are we few the only ones to complain. I mean let's face it, if UPC were standing at the Door offering you 25MB broadband today.... would you switch?

Afternoon Mark...
    Have you any update ?
    Thanks
    AWD

Map latest!
    I see while we have been focussed on Tralee (Still devoid of color-coding), Listowel has got it's lick of "Yalla" paint, suggesting that they have been NGB enabled.
    I wonder if the geography has got confused?
    At least NGB is now roughly 20 miles to the north and south of us.
    We may get an upgrade by default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Afternoon Mark...
    Have you any update ?
    Thanks
    AWD

Thanks AWD,

I'll advise Mark that you're requesting an update.

He'll be back in the office on Monday.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Sorry :p

Just in case you guys wonder why you are not on NGB first thing Monday morning.:)

Mark

Not to mention Monday morning week!

Got an email from Eircom requesting feeback on what I think of their customer service levels.... :D:D:D. I thought you only received these after the problem is resolved... or maybe in their mind it is...:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Dear Valued Customer,
    Thanks for getting in touch with our team recently about your eircom service. We hope things have now been resolved for you.
    In fact, that’s why we’re now writing to you. At eircom, we want to make sure we give you the best possible customer service. We’d really like to find out how things went for you when we dealt with your query.
    We’ve put together a few quick questions. We’d appreciate it if you’d take the time to let us know your thoughts. It shouldn’t take longer than 5-10 minutes to complete.
    By finding out exactly how you feel about the experience, we’ll be able to understand what we’re getting right, and whether there’s anything you’d like us to do better. We promise to use your feedback to make improvements where we can.

Check your routers fellas, We are up and running as I type....:):)...
    I will fill in the Survey now....:P

• Advertisement

Check your routers fellas, We are up and running as I type....:):)...
    I will fill in the Survey now....:P

I'm as before. No change.
    I was hoping to avoid the multiple-choice exam on the phone.
    Looks as though I might have to ring them and say please.
    What changes have you noticed?

Advertisement