Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-02-2012, 13:10   #1
carbonell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Any business consultat in Galway?

Hi there, I am a young entrepreneur from Spain who needs a bit of help with his new registered company at England due I want to make some money here in Ireland.
- I am the owner of the new company but, if I want to earn money with it, what kind of papers should I do in order to be formally paid by my own company company?
- What documents do I need for employing an Irish person for a temporary job and how can do I do it?
- Once we, a client and me, want to close a deal, what documents do I need to formalise the contract and how can I do it?
- Should I pay any insurance, tax, etc.?
If you have the number/website of any business consultant, that would be great.

Thank you very much!
carbonell is offline  
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 13:53   #2
biko
Percolator
 
biko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galway
Posts: 44,348
Moved to Business section, they will know.
biko is offline  
16-02-2012, 14:35   #3
carbonell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by biko View Post
Moved to Business section, they will know.
Thank you very much. I wasn't sure where to put it exactly. Let's wait for some response then
carbonell is offline  
16-02-2012, 16:03   #4
smeharg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cavan
Posts: 297
Let me get this straight:

You own a UK company.
You are resident in Ireland.
You want to start a business in Ireland?

Does the UK company do anything? Does it operate in the UK or is it dormant, that is "not trading"? Or is it trading and you want it to expand into Ireland?

I think you will be complicating things if you use a UK company to start a business in Ireland.
smeharg is offline  
17-02-2012, 20:28   #5
carbonell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeharg View Post
Let me get this straight:

You own a UK company.
You are resident in Ireland.
You want to start a business in Ireland?

Does the UK company do anything? Does it operate in the UK or is it dormant, that is "not trading"? Or is it trading and you want it to expand into Ireland?

I think you will be complicating things if you use a UK company to start a business in Ireland.
It is not as complicated as in Spain, due to start a company in Spain you need 3000€, plus 500€ for management, plus paying 200€ per month and start declaring your profits (don't mind if you have no) to the state since the first moment you start the business.

So I decided to register a company in the UK because it is much more easier. The Europe Union is a common business space, so the only thing I need is to deal with English law.

Maybe it seems more complicated for you, that are Irish but trust me, it is far away easier than start any kind of biz in my country.

In response to your other question, I register the company in order to be able to legally register all the money I earn. But my company is like a bypass, not a defined business model. By this time I am designing a map sponsored with advertisements and thinking about distributing it all over the B&B, hostels, hotels, student villages, etc. But some other day I could be serving as a freelance for another company using my company name. In a clear way, my company is my legal money-maker, instead waiting for a contract in a single business. And if I have an idea I think can be profitable, I just have to start working in it without thinking about paying 200€ every month for nothing.

carbonell is offline  
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 23:17   #6
smeharg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cavan
Posts: 297
Starting a business in Ireland may be easier than starting a business in Spain.
Starting a business in the UK may be easier than starting a business in Spain.

But what you are trying to do is more complicated than is necessary.

You will need to register a branch of the UK company in Ireland. You will have to comply with both UK and Irish company law. You will have to comply with both Irish and UK tax law. You will either need an accountant that is conversant in both Irish and UK tax and company law, or have 2 accountants-one in the UK and one in Ireland.

There will be twice the amount of work involved in keeping this business compliant than is necessary.

Wouldn't it be much less complicated to operate through an Irish company, or just operate as a sole-trader?
smeharg is offline  
19-02-2012, 01:47   #7
carbonell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeharg View Post
Starting a business in Ireland may be easier than starting a business in Spain.
Starting a business in the UK may be easier than starting a business in Spain.

But what you are trying to do is more complicated than is necessary.

You will need to register a branch of the UK company in Ireland. You will have to comply with both UK and Irish company law. You will have to comply with both Irish and UK tax law. You will either need an accountant that is conversant in both Irish and UK tax and company law, or have 2 accountants-one in the UK and one in Ireland.

There will be twice the amount of work involved in keeping this business compliant than is necessary.

Wouldn't it be much less complicated to operate through an Irish company, or just operate as a sole-trader?
May you talk me about how sole-traders work here? Thank you.
carbonell is offline  
19-02-2012, 08:17   #8
smeharg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cavan
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonell View Post
May you talk me about how sole-traders work here? Thank you.
Have a look at this thread

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/205654...#post_77127273
The subject has been discussed many times on here. If you do a search you'll probably find more information.

Last edited by smeharg; 19-02-2012 at 08:21.
smeharg is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet