Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-02-2012, 21:01   #31
Dotcomdolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orla K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeano View Post
Try nature valley baRs only 3 weight watchers points.
Again loads of sugar and little/nothing else that's healthy, also really dry.
Ah you just need to wash them down with a big healthy glass of orange juice or diet coke
Advertisement
12-02-2012, 21:14   #32
Orla K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotcomdolly View Post
Ah you just need to wash them down with a big healthy glass of orange juice or diet coke
lol, that'll do it! coke tends to make me want to vomit! I think I should drink it with every meal
13-02-2012, 12:30   #33
El_Dangeroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
I'm curious about people's definition of healthy food. Is it nutrient density per 100calories?
My loose definition of healthy is made by nature, not a factory (light processing like butter not included). Or if you want to be more liberal in the definition, something you could feasibly make at home from scratch.

Just so many better things to spend calories on than cereal bars IMO. Even from a reward point of view these guys are not gonna help you calorie restrict long term.
13-02-2012, 12:38   #34
rubadub

Quote:
I'm very skeptical that some of them are actually not any healthier than eating a snickers bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transform View Post
People really need to learn to read food labels and then realise that there are very few foods you should eat that actually have a food label
Yep, pick up these cereal bars and compare the per 100g info with normal bars, very little difference a lot of the time. Many cereal bars are just full of air so can be lower in calories, just like wispa or aeros are.

Then you have fortified kids cereals, some are nothing more than broken up chocolate biscuits with a multivitamin crushed over the top.
13-02-2012, 12:45   #35
bluewolf
being awesome

i made some protein muffins at the weekend with powder and greek yogurt and egg white and a bit of sugar/sweetener, "icing" was protein powder and water, they make a good snack

thanks SB
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-02-2012, 13:26   #36
Stench Blossoms
I don't actually smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
i made some protein muffins at the weekend with powder and greek yogurt and egg white and a bit of sugar/sweetener, "icing" was protein powder and water, they make a good snack

thanks SB
They are the job!
13-02-2012, 13:31   #37
bluewolf
being awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stench Blossoms View Post
They are the job!
the choc nut flavour is too sweet for me these days, i don't know why, but my mother devoured them i will get the plain choc one and then i'll be set perfect snack
14-02-2012, 01:19   #38
lc180

Cheers everyone for the replies! You have indeed verified my skepticism that cereal bars are in fact a big pile of sugar. I did read the labels before and that's why I was so confused, the marketing on these bars needs to be changed! They give a very uneven impression. tut tut Nature Valley!

I like some of the suggestions, I will definitely look some of them up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
I would say snickers is much healthier for lots of people than any cereal bars for the simple reason that it is (or was until 2010) gluten free. (
In the interests of science and the nutritional research I can confirm that 'gluten free' is not mentioned on the snickers label. I can also confirm the contents were full of caramel nutty nougat goodness

My next piece of dietary research will involve Valentines day & Pizza, and the after effects of the ingredients on a lonely heart.....

Cheers again.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion