Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-01-2012, 20:13   #1
silver campaign

How much does it cost to plant forestry

I know this is probably a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but I was just wondering if someone could give me a rough price per acre to re-plant forestry.
This is my fathers land, that was previously planted. I think it was Norway Spruce or Scots pine that was last on the land. It was harvested last year.
Thanks
Advertisement
27-01-2012, 20:49   #2
blue5000

perhaps you could post this again in the forestry section, I think a ballpark is about 5k/ha, open to correction though.
27-01-2012, 21:02   #3
Rovi
Closed Account

[MOD]
Moved to the Forestry sub-forum.
[/MOD]
Thanks from:
30-01-2012, 10:51   #4
dipper.meath16

hi,
For Conifers your looking at 2500 trees per hectare or 3300 for broadleaves. However the price will depend on age, species and availability for nursery!
30-01-2012, 12:08   #5
jeffwode

Apart from the cost of seedlings, whips, (whatever you want to call them), does anyone know the cost to actually plant the trees, per acre or per hectare?

On good, flat agricultural ground; a stubble field, for example, what would it cost to plant a hectare of broadleaf trees? Anyone know?
Advertisement
30-01-2012, 14:30   #6
greenfingers89
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver campaign View Post
I know this is probably a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but I was just wondering if someone could give me a rough price per acre to re-plant forestry.
This is my fathers land, that was previously planted. I think it was Norway Spruce or Scots pine that was last on the land. It was harvested last year.
Thanks
somewhere between €800-€1500 per acre....usually works out around €1200 methinks. best thing you can do is ring a forester and see if they'll come out an have a look and qoute a price...... it think you might be better off going the forester route rather than a forestry company because the company mightnt want to let you do some of the work yourself which could be a good moneysaver for you
30-01-2012, 14:34   #7
greenfingers89
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwode View Post
Apart from the cost of seedlings, whips, (whatever you want to call them), does anyone know the cost to actually plant the trees, per acre or per hectare?

On good, flat agricultural ground; a stubble field, for example, what would it cost to plant a hectare of broadleaf trees? Anyone know?
you should be going down the grant route IMO if your planting agri ground. OP is on about replanting forestry ground. for the situation you described it could be possible to plant for less than €1000/acre (€2500/hectare)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion