Copa Del Rey Second Leg - El Classico - Camp Nou 25th January - Page 24 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-01-2012, 15:17   #346
Turtyturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by THFC View Post
One of the only players to have come out of those 2 legs with any credit (apart from the usual few) was Ronaldo. He may not have played well in either match, but he scored 1 very well taken goal and another lucky-ish goal. And he was also proabably the only attacker that didn't engage in all that play acting crap. My respect for him has actually gone way up after that tie.
He took going behind so well.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-01-2012, 15:19   #347
Jelle1880

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolosenc View Post
Busquets would roll around clutching his face if you sneezed in his vicinity.

Classico's can bring out the diver in players who usually don't, but Busquets is just as bad in every match he plays.

I think Pepe was going down ridiculously easy to make some sort of statement about how he felt victimised by Barca's thatrics in previous encounters. He's a rough and tumble guy who, in general, doesn't hit the deck all that often.
Will he get the Busquets treatment now too ?

Thanks from:
26-01-2012, 15:26   #348
MisterAnarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegee View Post
99% of the time players rolling on the ground arent doing so to decelarate slowly, they're expressing "pain". Strangely, Ive rarely seen a genuinely injured player roll around like that, makes it easy to spot the fakers.
Uefa need to stamp out this cheating that is tarnishing the game,its gone on far too long and isnt tolerated in any other sport.
Anyone found simulating or feigning injury should get an immediate 3 match ban .
Anyone harassing a ref or seeking a booking for an opponent should receive a red card.
Players wont be long getting the message .
Thanks from:
26-01-2012, 15:26   #349
THFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtyturd View Post
???

Is that reinforcing my point or you trying to undermine it? If most footballers had that attitude it would make for far more interesting games. Much rather see anyone complain about going behind than to complain about a tackle, refereeing decision, tactics, etc.
(4) thanks from:
26-01-2012, 19:02   #350
SeantheMan

Send a message via Skype™ to SeantheMan
They'll all have something to whinge about for real when they come up against

in June !
Advertisement
26-01-2012, 19:33   #351
eire4

Credit to Barcelona for finding a way to win the tie on a night when they really never got going. That is now just 1 win in 14 games for Real Madrid against Barcelona since Guardiola took over. An amazing stat. It will be interesting to see how Real Madrid do in their next few games as they really could not have played much better yesterday and yet they still get knocked out.

Pepe once again at it at the end as well going after the ref as if he cost them the game. He and his team mates should look a bit closer in the mirror first. If Higuain had not held him back I think he probably would have got himelf a red card after the final whistle.
26-01-2012, 19:49   #352
spiralism

Quote:
Well they'd dominated and had gone behind, i wouldn't blame him. It's not like he was throwing a strop or playacting, he was just frustrated

I actually think Madrid came out of that with a lot of credit, they battled hard, were very unlucky not to win on the night and showed that they're well able to go into the Camp Nou and get a result. If anything, last night's match showed to me why i think Madrid will win the league, they could well go into the clasico in April with Barca needing a win to stay in the title race and be able to get a draw. I also liked that they threw the old antifootball gameplan out for the match and took Barca on at their own game.

Last edited by spiralism; 26-01-2012 at 19:54.
26-01-2012, 20:04   #353
Warper

Quote:
He was nearly crying like a little girl - i wonder where Nani got his girlie tandrums from?
26-01-2012, 20:07   #354
Warper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle1880 View Post

Yes, that is the referee's parking spot.

Sad, sad man.
I'll meet ya outside.

Really it is a sad indictment of the man. The sooner he leaves Spain the better. Off with him back to England I say.
Advertisement
26-01-2012, 20:28   #355
Marty McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warper View Post
He was nearly crying like a little girl - i wonder where Nani got his girlie tandrums from?

Jesus Barcelona fans really are truning into the new United fans, so blind to your own team its all you can see.

Crying like a litle girl, yeh he showed anger when his team when went behind would you rather he shrugged his shoulders and said so what to himself?

A player showing anger at going behind shows to me hes cares if his team win or loose, thats bad thing now?

Now im not Ronaldos biggest fan in general but in this instance youre talking about you are talking out of your one eyed barcelona hole.
Thanks from:
26-01-2012, 20:28   #356
KeithAFC
Banned

Quote:
The peoples elbow.
(3) thanks from:
26-01-2012, 22:12   #357
eagle eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle1880 View Post

Yes, that is the referee's parking spot.

Sad, sad man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warper View Post
I'll meet ya outside.

Really it is a sad indictment of the man. The sooner he leaves Spain the better. Off with him back to England I say.
And yet it shows his passion, his ruthlessness and his forward thinking that he is willing to wait there for a ref to come out so he can speak to him.

Maybe thats a big part of the reason he is so successful.
26-01-2012, 22:51   #358
CongoPowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAFC View Post
The peoples elbow.
hahahaha memories..
26-01-2012, 23:12   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
And yet it shows his passion, his ruthlessness and his forward thinking that he is willing to wait there for a ref to come out so he can speak to him.

Maybe thats a big part of the reason he is so successful.
True. After that game last night, Madrid must surely feel like they could beat Barca if they meet again.

It's a bit like the City-Utd game in the FA cup. Even though City and Madrid were both knocked out, their performances will possibly give them belief down the home stretch of the season.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion