Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2011, 15:23   #1
Hannah B. Foley

Musicians WANTED

Hi there,

I'm new to this website so forgive me if this thread already exists. I am looking for some talented musicians who would like to work with a female singer/songwriter (me). I have been a one woman band for a long time and recently featured on the Apprentice, my song Sleeping Under the Stars was featured as track 3 on the Fighting Chance Vol. 2 CD in the Irish Daily Mail (22/10/11). I am working on new material but am really keen to start gigging and getting my name out there.

I have been approached by a few venues about playing gigs and this will require musicians, I'd be looking for a drummer, guitarist, bassist and keyboard player. I would sing a combination of covers and original material until I become better known and have a larger portfolio of tracks. We would be promoted under Hannah B or The Hannahbells or something, I am open to suggestions. My style is a bit of everything, my song that was featured on the Apprentice is a jazzy, rhythm & blues number but I like to experiment with all types of music and don't like boxing myself into any specific genres. Eventually I would love to gig with all original songs, but as you all know, that takes time.

I've never done this before so am just trying to find my feet. Based in Waterford I would be looking at musicians in the South East area, 20+. If you'd like to hear my music you can visit www.facebook.com/HannahBFoley84 or check out Hannah B. Foley on soundcloud.

Really appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon.

All the best
~ Hannah B.
Advertisement
08-11-2011, 17:01   #2
Malice

Send a message via Skype™ to Malice
Moved to Bands & Musicians.
16-11-2011, 23:51   #3
LucasCofaigh

Are you still looking for anyone? I've got about 8 years experience on guitar, have played in a jazz group before.
25-11-2011, 08:49   #4
KenpoKol

Keyboard player here.

Let me know if you are still looking and we can chat.
22-12-2011, 10:20   #5
tahyr

hello . i m a professional guitarist (lead , rhythem) . 10 years experience of session playing . we can talk about working together
Advertisement
26-12-2011, 11:11   #6
Cox

Bassist

Hi Hannah,

Ian here. I'm 37, based just outside NewRoss but originally from Dalkey. I've been playing bass (live and studio) a long time and have a great set-up. Played original and session music. Into all sorts of music, from John Martyn and Jackson Browne to Spiritualized and Lambchop.

Last edited by Cox; 26-12-2011 at 11:25.
28-12-2011, 03:43   #7
tommybah

hi there, im really interested in getting involved, i play a few things and sing quite well, love to collaborate/provid harmonies and ideas and im not a musical nazi- i like to play wth soul!!
03-01-2012, 22:50   #8
jayat100

Guitarist available

Hi, Hannah I'm available if your looking for a guitarist I have many years experience ....I think I worked with you before in a call centre....
18-07-2012, 13:02   #9
Hannah B. Foley

2 Musician Wanted

Hello there, sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I would really like to start working with a guitarist/keyboard player on some new material asap. I am into all genres, at the moment I have a few ideas for some great singles but just need a creative musician to work with. I've been let down in the past so naturally am a little wary so if you still want to jam please respond asap and we will meet and see how we jam? Thanks guys!
Advertisement
18-07-2012, 13:03   #10
Hannah B. Foley

which call centre? AOL or NTL?
18-07-2012, 13:03   #11
Hannah B. Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayat100 View Post
Hi, Hannah I'm available if your looking for a guitarist I have many years experience ....I think I worked with you before in a call centre....
which call centre?
18-07-2012, 13:04   #12
Hannah B. Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybah View Post
hi there, im really interested in getting involved, i play a few things and sing quite well, love to collaborate/provid harmonies and ideas and im not a musical nazi- i like to play wth soul!!
where are you based tommy?
18-07-2012, 13:05   #13
Hannah B. Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
Hi Hannah,

Ian here. I'm 37, based just outside NewRoss but originally from Dalkey. I've been playing bass (live and studio) a long time and have a great set-up. Played original and session music. Into all sorts of music, from John Martyn and Jackson Browne to Spiritualized and Lambchop.
I'm thinking we should meet for a chat? I've a lot of written material that I'd really like to start putting music too.
18-07-2012, 13:06   #14
Hannah B. Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahyr View Post
hello . i m a professional guitarist (lead , rhythem) . 10 years experience of session playing . we can talk about working together
where abouts are you based?
18-07-2012, 13:07   #15
Hannah B. Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpoKol View Post
Keyboard player here.

Let me know if you are still looking and we can chat.
I'm trying to learn to keyboard myself at the moment, but I am still looking. Where are you based?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion