Warmflow boiler leaking. - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-10-2011, 03:05   #1
Orderofchaos

Warmflow boiler leaking.

I have a warmflow kabin pak green90 oil boiler that is leaking water. Looks like the shell is cracked somewhere. Does anyone know anywhere in the midlands I can get a secondhand one? If I get one, are they easily interchanged? Whats involved in changing it?(is it just disconnecting the electrics, draining the system, shuting off the oil supply etc?) Will it be easy to fit a different brand? If I need a pro to do it, roughly how much will it cost me? Any help greatly appreciated!!
Advertisement
28-10-2011, 09:06   #2
Billy Bunting

You need a "pro" to look at it, its unlikely the "shell" is cracked.
28-10-2011, 14:17   #3
Orderofchaos

Shells cracked alright, there's no other way for the water to get in. I fitted a new bathroom with out the help of a pro and am pretty sure i can swap a like for like boiler. Imjust wondering how much it might cost if i need to get someone .I can do the electrics my self.
28-10-2011, 15:35   #4
DGOBS

Not unlikely at all, most shells come with a 3-5 year warranty, most installers will replace entire boiler rather than drain and attempt to weld
28-10-2011, 15:36   #5
DGOBS

You won't get like for like as you can only fit a condensing appliance and will save approx 10% on fuel
Advertisement
28-10-2011, 18:29   #6
Orderofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGOBS View Post
You won't get like for like as you can only fit a condensing appliance and will save approx 10% on fuel
No, fitting a secondhand standard efficiency boiler.Don't have the money for a new boiler.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion