Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-09-2011, 11:52   #1
hairyprincess

Access course aptitude test

Did anyone else do the aptitude test last week for the Access course? I was told I would have the results at the end of this week but haven't received anything yet, did anyone else get results?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-09-2011, 18:41   #2
theboss80

My wife did it and after speaking to them today the results will be sent out either next Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. There was more in today to do aptitude teats
20-09-2011, 19:35   #3
hairyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss80 View Post
My wife did it and after speaking to them today the results will be sent out either next Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. There was more in today to do aptitude teats
Thanks for that.

After still not hearing anything today I decided to take the bull by the horns and I rang the Access office; they told me I got on the course. I'm delighted. I was told to come in on Friday Sept. 30th. They are going to send me out details in the post.

There must be a huge number of disappointed people because as far as I know there are only 30 places. I hope your wife is one of the successful ones Boss!
(2) thanks from:
20-09-2011, 21:04   #4
annaj

Hey, could you tell me what aptitude test of math and english look like?Are they easy?Do u have any sample questions?

Last edited by annaj; 20-09-2011 at 21:06.
21-09-2011, 01:20   #5
hairyprincess

I have no sample questions, as the maths was done on the sheet we were given. But to be honest I found the maths very easy. They were twenty multiple choice questions, covering addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, statistics, area and percentage.

The english was a comprehension, which you read through and answered, I think, five questions on. As far as I remember, three of the questions were facts within the story, so it was pretty easy to lift the answers from the story. And the other two were 'in your opinion' sort of questions.

Finally you had to write a paragraph on your reasons and motivation for wanting to do the course.

If you have a mind to do it then just go for it, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-09-2011, 00:16   #6
laura.

Hey hairyprincess... theboss's wife here. yes I also got accepted. Looking forward to Friday now, actually I can't bloody wait. Which class are you doing? I'm enrolled for the morning class might see you about on Friday
27-09-2011, 23:46   #7
hairyprincess

Hiya Laura.........yep I'm in for the morning too! Looking forward to it though I'll be sick with nerves for the next few days!
Do you know anyone else doing the course?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion