Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-08-2011, 19:53   #31
gooch2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic86 View Post
this is quite a common way... Anyway we can do it both ways?
:-)
What you mean both ways?

I played in a FIFA thingy like this during the World Cup last year ( for lack of a current gen rugby game before I'm ridiculed), and they had some program listing the teams and players names and it drew them randomly. Think L'prof organised it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-08-2011, 19:59   #32
mystic86

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch2k9 View Post
What you mean both ways?

I played in a FIFA thingy like this during the World Cup last year ( for lack of a current gen rugby game before I'm ridiculed), and they had some program listing the teams and players names and it drew them randomly. Think L'prof organised it.
we can play 2 comps, one with chosen teams as chosen in here and one where teams are chosen at random
27-08-2011, 20:09   #33
gooch2k9

Quote:
we can play 2 comps, one with chosen teams as chosen in here and one where teams are chosen at random
Sounds grand. You're organising so its your decision
Thanks from:
27-08-2011, 22:55   #34
GTR63
Closed Account

Here is a review of the game,haven't even read it myself.
http://nzgamer.com/x360/reviews/1419...challenge.html
Thanks from:
28-08-2011, 00:47   #35
mystic86

Quote:
Sounds grand. You're organising so its your decision
actually, we found out the ridiculous info that regardless of what team you're using online the team stats will be even (normalized) so the random draw thing might not be necessary
Advertisement
28-08-2011, 00:48   #36
gooch2k9

Quote:
actually, we found out the ridiculous info that regardless of what team you're using online the team stats will be even (normalized) so the random draw thing might not be necessary
So Aironi would be level with the ABs?
Thanks from:
28-08-2011, 01:00   #37
mystic86

Quote:
So Aironi would be level with the ABs?
apparently. To me that is bloody ridiculous decision to do it like that. I know they wanted to make games about user skill, but they really just should have accounted for players playing with uneven teams in terms of stats by awarding more leaderboard points to a lower rated team that beats a higher rated team and vice versa
28-08-2011, 01:01   #38
gooch2k9

Quote:
apparently. To me that is bloody ridiculous decision to do it like that. I know they wanted to make games about user skill, but they really just should have accounted for players playing with uneven teams in terms of stats by awarding more leaderboard points to a lower rated team that beats a higher rated team and vice versa
Exactly, if both teams are made even it takes away from the achievement of grinding out a result against better sides...
Thanks from:
28-08-2011, 02:15   #39
purpleblaa

This looks like it could be a top game. I used to love the Jonah Lomu game from the PS1.
What a player that man was. Terrible what happened to him.
Advertisement
28-08-2011, 10:43   #40
kensutz

Send a message via Skype™ to kensutz
Edinburgh and Castres.
28-08-2011, 23:37   #41
EmacB

From what i heard its only in ranked matches that the stats are the same. In custom matches they're different for every team.
Thanks from:
29-08-2011, 03:39   #42
B0X

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmacB View Post
From what i heard its only in ranked matches that the stats are the same. In custom matches they're different for every team.
Yeah I don't see why people are getting worked up about this. It'd be crap to have everyone playing as the All Blacks because of higher rating. Multiplayer should be about skill, not what team you picked.
Thanks from:
29-08-2011, 09:49   #43
cython

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0X View Post
Yeah I don't see why people are getting worked up about this. It'd be crap to have everyone playing as the All Blacks because of higher rating. Multiplayer should be about skill, not what team you picked.
I can see the merits of this system, certainly, but I can also see how people would like to at least have the option of unbalanced teams - there would be less of an achievement in using Connacht, for example, to beat, or even mount a challenge to a mate playing with the ABs if both teams are auto-balanced. Not to mention that if someone has played a game a lot more than a friend as before, a not uncommon means of handicapping the experienced player is in team selection - that option no longer exists.
29-08-2011, 12:37   #44
B0X

Quote:
Originally Posted by cython View Post
I can see the merits of this system, certainly, but I can also see how people would like to at least have the option of unbalanced teams - there would be less of an achievement in using Connacht, for example, to beat, or even mount a challenge to a mate playing with the ABs if both teams are auto-balanced. Not to mention that if someone has played a game a lot more than a friend as before, a not uncommon means of handicapping the experienced player is in team selection - that option no longer exists.
But you can still play with the proper team rankings it's just the match won't be ranked.
29-08-2011, 12:59   #45
DarkJager

Looking forward to this but was pleasantly surprised by RWC 2011. Sure the graphics are atrocious and nobody looks anything like their real life counterparts, but as a 2 player game it's quite fun to play. Probably not worth a purchase, but definitely a good rental.

Any release date set for this yet?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion