Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-04-2011, 00:56   #76
TangoVictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee-22 View Post
I wonder what news this week will bring. I wonder Saturday's sad events will have any bearing on any decisions.
I know you don't mean that in a bad way, but it's not really appropriate to put or consider any link between the two. We are all aware of the shortfall that exists at the moment but that is a result of "those on high", not the boots on the ground. For me, not considering recruitment for time being, my thoughts are still with the poor souls who are face an empty bed tonight where a loved one should be lying, and the collegues who will carry on tomorrow to serve us.

- tv
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-04-2011, 01:23   #77
Gee-22

With the murder of constable kerr, the large device left in L'derry, countless hoaxs and the lose of FTR etc in the past 7 days. - it might show the powers that be, that there is still a need for more feet on the street and detectives.
04-04-2011, 01:40   #78
1986j

This is deterring RC's honestly :S

Disgrace.
04-04-2011, 10:17   #79
weepete
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986j View Post
This is deterring RC's honestly :S

Disgrace.
Are You speaking from your experience in garnerville i'm sure its a somber place at the minute? Its gonna make answering that call even harder for some people now than it was before i would say.
04-04-2011, 10:37   #80
dixie33

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepete View Post
Are You speaking from your experience in garnerville i'm sure its a somber place at the minute? Its gonna make answering that call even harder for some people now than it was before i would say.
Personally if i got the call, i wouldn't hesitate to accept the offer, infact the tragic events of saturday have made my will to join stronger and continued attrocities such as Constable Kerrs murder will only encourage support for the police and the peace process from both sides of the community.

For every wall the dissidents try to build the people of Northern Ireland will just stand taller.

I for one won't lie down and be oppressed and i would implore others to do the same.
Advertisement
04-04-2011, 12:15   #81
1967J

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie33 View Post
Personally if i got the call, i wouldn't hesitate to accept the offer, infact the tragic events of saturday have made my will to join stronger and continued attrocities such as Constable Kerrs murder will only encourage support for the police and the peace process from both sides of the community.

For every wall the dissidents try to build the people of Northern Ireland will just stand taller.

I for one won't lie down and be oppressed and i would implore others to do the same.
Have to say I agree with you - bring on the call (I live in hope)
04-04-2011, 15:05   #82
Goonerdee

Apparently it was on the radio that there will only be 60 appointments per yer for the next 8 years. I'd say without any more major reform this will be the norm forever basically. I'm sad I didn't get in when there were large intakes but this will not deter me. I will try again and again until I am too old. The bar will be high, I will need to get 69 out of 70 to even get a sniff at a chance. But as I have said, as long as the door is open, even only slighlty ajar, it's better than a closed door.
04-04-2011, 19:17   #83
quickcatch

I believe that was a politicians opinion and not from any PSNI source. This is however the current trend in Scottish recruitment
04-04-2011, 20:03   #84
SJAG

that would be a low number, natural loss would be greater than that through retirements etc..... i would imagine a greater number...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-04-2011, 20:09   #85
Buzz35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJAG View Post
that would be a low number, natural loss would be greater than that through retirements etc..... i would imagine a greater number...
+ 1.
04-04-2011, 21:48   #86
Goonerdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJAG View Post
I like the sound of that. The more the merrier. From what I understand Central Scotland Police are planning recruitment in May and they had already recruited in January, if they go ahead with it and the same numbers taken on that would be 70 officers in the first six months and I'm sure CSP is a lot smaller than PSNI. So if 100+ replacements are required annually I will be over the moon.
08-04-2011, 17:56   #87
ant08

has anybody recieved the dreaded dear john yet? or otherwise? just fishing for any sort of info at all at this stage??
08-04-2011, 18:18   #88
Gee-22

It doesn't appear that anyone has heard anything yet.

No news is good news IMO.

I think there are a lot of decisions to be made.

Last edited by Gee-22; 08-04-2011 at 18:22.
08-04-2011, 21:04   #89
1967J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee-22 View Post
It doesn't appear that anyone has heard anything yet.

No news is good news IMO.

I think there are a lot of decisions to be made.

Have to agree with you on that - I continue to remain positive on this front - Just waiting on the call
23-05-2011, 16:08   #90
Shield
Quote:
Originally Posted by austenc View Post
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone had any information about where to find a tutor for the assessment centre?

Cheers!
I don't think I'd start looking for AC tutors just yet. There's a freeze on recruitment, and the format of recruitment could change when it starts up again. Besides, why look for one now? Why not wait until there's at least a date for a competition? Then at least whatever you learn will be fresh in your head, if it's relevant that is!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion