Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

opel vivaro speedo

Options
  • 15-05-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

:mad:just bought an opel vivaro van 02reg...speedo not working,changed speedo from another 02 van and still dont work..all 4 abs sensors are showing speed readout on computer,anyone have any ideas...cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

If the car has an aftermarket stereo (as opposed to an Opel one), remove it temporarily to see if it restores the speedo...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ladytina

it has the original stereo still fitted..even had the code in the book...cheers anyway....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

As a lot of these early trafic/vivaros dont have abs fitted, they must have a gearbox speed sensor.
    I should know but I cant for the life of me recall the sensor location.
    I will check wiring diagram tomorrow, can you check the speed data value in the UCH/body computer

this model has abs fitted..computer is picking up speed reading from each of the 4 abs sensors..dont know much more about it to be honest...cheers:confused:

The question is where is the speedo reading taken from? its possible that even with abs the sender for the uch and dash is on the box

• Advertisement

will check today and get back to you..cheers:confused::

there is sensor on the gearbox..main dealer price is over €100 +vat..not sure if this will solve the problem,anyone know where they may be got for less money..cheers:confused:

you could test it with a multimeter, one earth, one 12V ignition, one switching 12v(possibly 5v) output.
    The wiring loom from engine to ecu is also problematic on these and there is also a plug under the engine bay fuse box that gets corroded

thanks..seems like its gunna be a long spell of trial and error..cheers:confused:

dosnt seem to be anywhere for the sensor to connect to the gearbox..unable to find any PK number to identify the gearbox...only 10digit number found..dosnt mean anything to a dealer..maybe im blind...loll...nead help now :(

• Advertisement

heres a pic from a similar van, if your gearbox doesnt have a place for this sensor then forget about ever getting it working

thanks for the pic...i must have a different box fitted to the van...so it looks like im stuck..thanks for the help..:rolleyes:

I cant recall fully but think some of the laguna 1.9s are fitted with a box that has no speed sensor and its taken from abs, guess thats what you have..

thought it may be some form of renault part,but with the 10 didget number i gave to them,nothing was comming up on there system..cudnt find any other markings on it..will have to get it on the lift,so as to check fully...may have to go down the reconditioned road..yuk...:rolleyes:

Advertisement